FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Look at those salaries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 12:08pm
Not allowed to hold them back even though they are not ready to progress to the next grade? Admin. must be in a big hurry to get rid of the ones who are not "gifted" or who can't seem to grasp what is taught the first time it is delivered. Let's keep the challenging kids moving through at a rapid rate to purge quicker.

This school district is so proud of the "gifted" kids and are always bragging about the kids in this group. They tolerate the "regular" kids who are successful but not "bragging" material. They ship the kids who are a challenge off to an "alternative" school and the rest.......well, they are written off as failures and end up dropping out to sponge off society for the most part.

So, basically, the school district motto seems to be......the kids who are easy to educate and who excel we brag about. The rest we tolerate or we hope they go away.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 2:43pm

sickofthebull - thank you for your post. I take serious exception to "passing the buck" when it comes to a child and his or her future. I'd like to know who at ADMIN is telling you that you have to pass them on, no matter what. It would also be interesting to hear Ms. Andrew comment on this matter. If you're not going to teach children, why should we pay for what we're not getting!!! I would like to know; Is this the policy of MCSD that every child passes no matter their academic progress? If it is not, why is an employee (that's an assumption) telling us that is the policy? Quite frankly, this opens up the school district to litigation if this is the policy, IMO.

sickofthebull View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickofthebull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2011 at 12:57pm
Tony I have students who cannot read past the 1st or 2nd grade level and are about to go on to middle school. I have been told from day one of my employment that we cannot retain students. I have seen no formal mandate on this in writing, it is just understood that we don't do it. VERY frustrating because the majority of the year is spent trying to catch these poor kids up and guess who suffers? You got it, the kids who are on grade level. The focus is on the behind kids because they have to take a grade level test and pass it.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2011 at 7:35pm
Children having children, teachers who know it all. God forbid they(The system) might listen to the so called (Outsiders) of education. I need to hire people that can solve problems, know wonder I'm thinking about running ads. in China for my open positions.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2011 at 7:42pm
These two posts (jsmith2011, sickofthebull) have a lot to say and seem to be quite versed in some (Inside) info. Damage control might be needed here from the school board folks who watch this site?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic