FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A.J. Smith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.J. Smith
    Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 12:06am

From the MJ:

Smith criticized again for ‘embarrassing’ behavior

Councilman told to choose between seat, his personal beliefs.

By Jessica Heffner, Staff Writer 11:39 PM Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MIDDLETOWN — Councilman A.J. Smith found himself under fire again Tuesday night as another Council member said he must choose between his seat and personal beliefs.

During council member comments at Tuesday night’s meeting, First Ward Councilman Dan Picard told Smith he must choose between his personal beliefs and his obligation as a councilman. To date, Picard said he has been “impressed by (Smith’s) mature behavior and at times embarrassed to sit on the same council.”

Picard said he felt compelled to publicly confront Smith after the city was forced to provide extensive police security at Mayor Larry Mulligan’s State of the City address Thursday.

Before the speech, Smith was part of a rally against Ohio Senate Bill 5 and Mulligan’s support of some portions of the bill. It was staged out front of the Pendleton Art Center, where the address was held. The AFL-CIO — the same group Smith rallied to attend a December City Council meeting that addressed collective bargaining rights — held the event.

The event required increased security and four days of meeting and planning by city staff — costs Picard said Middletown can ill-afford at the expense of Smith’s political beliefs.

“As a councilman I don’t think that is appropriate given what we have discussed tonight,” Picard said.

There have also been other personal and financial costs to the city, Picard said, by Smith’s public run-ins with police and continual requests for extensive information from city staff. While City Council has no power to remove him — only a petition by the 2nd Ward, which Smith represents, can do that — Picard said Smith has not been able to put his “personal crusades” before the best interest of his constituents.

“For the benefit of all the citizens of Middletown it is time for you to decide,” Picard said during the meeting.

Smith said he does not intend to step down and that he is not on council for any “personal or self-gratification.”

Smith said his recent actions against Senate Bill 5 have been on behalf of his constituents — the middle- and working-classes — and he will continue to be their advocate.

“There are going to be some things you are going to be uncomfortable with, there are going to be things other people on this dais are going to be uncomfortable with. That is just the way it is,” he said.

Mulligan ultimately got in the last word about the rally when he subtilely tied the rally and Smith to Middletown’s budget issues — and the $1 million in deficit spending outlined for this year.

“We do not make light of it with demonstrations and other outside events that degrade the importance of it,” Mulligan.

Cuts may be ahead

During the Council work session, members received information that the city is facing a negative cash flow in 2011 due to rising personnel costs and decreasing revenues. The city will lose more than $221,000 this year and another $664,000 in 2012 due to state cuts to the local government fund.

Finance Director Russ Carolus said those losses coupled with the potential end of the quarter-percent public safety levy decimate the approximate $6 million Middletown has in its reserve fund and can lead to a loss of more than $1.8 million by 2013 if something isn’t done.

The public safety levy brings in roughly $2 million annually for the police and fire divisions through income taxes. It expires at the end of 2012. While councilmembers have indicated they will likely ask voters to renew that levy, it’s passage is uncertain.

Councilman Josh Laubach said the levy would be a hard sell to residents given that cuts to public safety may be unavoidable given the city’s financial state. He said the city’s personnel costs — about $24 million of the city’s total budget — are of particular concern.

“It’s not so much a revenue issue as an expense issue,” Laubach said. “We are spending far more money than we are supposed to.”

City Manager Judy Gilleland stressed that the city cannot afford to liquidate its reserve fund past 15 percent if Council hopes to foster projects such as a new Cincinnati State branch campus. A lower balance would negatively impact the city’s financial rating and ability to borrow funds.

Council set a special work session to discuss the budget May 5 at 5 p.m.

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 5:24am
I canagree with only one pin made by Mr.Picard and that is Mr. Smith;s political union agendadominates his focus upon Middletown and his role on council. To state as Smith did, the issue is about the middle-classis demenaing to any reasonable mind and a true 'dummy down'. It won't hunt Mr. Smith, no crdibility in that argument. You are simpy carrying Harry reid and Obama's water, as simple as that.

So, what is Mr. Picard's motivation and use of the slight hyperbole associated with city coss. That also is a bit of a Piccochia nose growing exaggeration. I saw maybe 10 peope outside, including Joh Harvey, a fire fighting employee. It was actualy embarrassing hiw few were there, and the gathering was hardly a threat to human safety. The city wastes 1,000X more Mr. Oicard on consultants, studies,and paybacks for the money Greg Pratt advanced for the failed airport carrier deal (by the way did that work go out to bid for Pratt as his gift to act asan economic ambassador to Cincinnatti State) than any funding for a few poiice officers to be in attendance. I see more daily running from store to store around Meijer's, the Goodwill, Kroger's, and the east end, killing time, than the man hrs expended on the 'threat' of the safety of Mr. Mulligan from the immenient danger of a fellow city worker named Jon Harvey. I wouldn't even call it a gathering. They looked like mild mannered people who had no impact being effective advocates and everyone gets it. You can't send mre than what you take in. The syetm is broken. No one going to support this because of them middle class servant being mademoe than those paying the bill to be seved, with few services being ofered.

Finally, a ecall isn't worth the effort. He would have to have at least 15-20% if the second ward pushing him out on votes, which the apathy would be a stalemate, and they are already a bit sore over the ward crush by MMF, so quit wasting time Mr. Picard on that advocation.

The only way AJ is going is if he fails to get his campaign funds in order. I think that prospective is highly likely, and will take care of the other issues. But please Mr. Picard, while agreeing and crealing knowing what Smith's agenda to be, you nor council can force him out. And the city wastes hundreds of thousands of dollars more in retirement payout for vacation and 'time earned' than a few policemen standing guard like secret secrice agents protecting Larry Mulligan. 

Please stop the dummy down, both you Mr. Oicard and you Mr. Smith.        
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 5:39am
I realize that Mr. Smith did not have a teleprompter, but I do hope that he watches the replay and realizes how insulting he appeared to about half the voters in Middletown (the Republicans.)  Here's a clue, Mr. Smith:  Very few Middletown Republicans are either CEOs, Wall Street Bankers, or other greedy fat cat-types.  In fact, few Republicans from Middletown in my memory have ever had near the campaign war chest that YOU had in your last campaign.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 6:54am
I was at the council meeting last night but was forced to leave early because of the seats in the chamber. Just can't sit there that long. I did attend the upstairs meeting where there was a total of 2 people that would be considered the "public"; the reporter from the Journal and myself. Now, of course, I wish I had stayed for council comments.
I also attended the protest rally outside the PAC before the Mayor's State of the City. If the city called the police presence outside the PAC during the protest "extensive", they might want to find a dictionary and look up that word. I would not have categorized it as such and considering that the protest itself was in support of the very same public workers who were providing the security, I'm not sure what kind of "protection" the mayor needed. There was no disturbance, no one got out of line, nothing was thrown either verbally or physically, and IMO not much was accomplished.
I am deeply disturbed that the in-fighting on council has gotten to the point where we have members calling on each other's removal or defeat at the polls. This is not the way the business of the city needs to be conducted. I will also say this; just because we have free speech in this country is not a good enough reason to open your mouth without thinking. I don't wish to see this city's dirty laundry aired in public and viewed by anyone outside the city as divided and ineffective. It certainly doesn't paint a good picture for the people at Cincy State to look at, does it? This would have been one of those times to take advantage of the "semi-secret" meeting to air your grievances with each other. 
I am also deeply insulted by the manner of choice presented. Choose between your seat on council and your personal beliefs? I would hope that "personal beliefs" are what motivate our present council to serve.The idea that one should suspend those beliefs because they don't agree with someone else on council sounds like coertion or another one of those "my way or the highway" moments. I am embarrassed that our mayor decided to use his State of the City address to tell dissenters that he'd rather have them leave town than voice that dissent. Should someone on council have called on him to resign? Evidently then, the mayor has the tacit approval of council to tell those that don't agree to just get out of town. Is that really the message that this council wants sent to the citizens?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:22am
Tony B:

You write:

"I don't wish to see this city's dirty laundry aired in public and viewed by anyone outside the city as divided and ineffective"

Too late. Middletown already has a reputation involving dirty laundry being aired in public view. Happened a few years ago. Go to You Tube, punch in Middletown City Council and watch the shenanigans of Laura Williams, David Schiavone and the late Bob Wells acting as mayor. Good entertainment, embarrassing for the city and was a catalyst for the city's reputation as being a comedy as to a hay-seed city government.

"I am embarrassed that our mayor decided to use his State of the City address to tell dissenters that he'd rather have them leave town than voice that dissent".

Shouldn't surprise anyone who has lived here for any length of time. "My way or the highway" has been the city leader's slogan for years.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:23am
Well said Mr. Presta-I'm learning that Mr. Smith as was stated in the other post isn't going away and from what I understand still has a campaign fund issue to deal with. Other money "wasted" by this city? Without a doubt everyone has a opinion on how this Admin. and past councils have spent OUR money but I can only imagine since I have never run for office how old this subject is becoming to the other six members of council. The 2nd ward happy with Mr. Smith? Bold statement since the turnout to vote is the lowest in the town, from the numbers i've seen. Mr. Smith needs to focus on Middletown which showed last night with making it clear do we put a bandaid on the canal or fix the damn thing once and for all.  Credit to Ms. Jones for putting the residences first.  Regardless of the short comings of the other members Mr.Smith put your energy into keeping the local Admin. on the start and narrow and stop acting like you know what it's like to wake up at 4am go to work 6 days a wk or own your on business, it's insulting.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:27am
I just re-read the article above and something struck me as odd. Mr. Smith is being criticized for "continual requests for extensive information from city staff."  Isn't that part of the job description? How would you be able to provide guidance to the city staff without extensive information? The city manager asked council for just that, "guidance" , during the  upstairs work session. As I mentioned in a previous thread, the city financial planning is severly hampered by all the confusion at the state level over funding. Without information, no true guidance can be offered because there is no awareness of the situation. That sounds more like Mr. Smith is doing what he is supposed to do instead of the opposite. Am I missing something?
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:36am
Vet - that just goes to show you how little I paid attention to our city council over the years. I'll cop a plea of "guilty of apathy".
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 7:40am
Picard is a hypocrite. He requests information from the City regularly. He meets with or talks with Les Landon regularly.

He tells Councilman Laubach to "shut up" in a public meeting.

He want Smith to change his behavior? Seems Picard should clean up his own house before he worries about others.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:02am
I recall one council meeting where AJ was once again claiming that one of his "constituents" was asking questions and so he needed a report from Judy on every dime spent.  Judy brushed him off and said it's all been provided.  AJ seems to think that if he can find a bogeyman --- like overspending on some paperclips or printer ink, that he will be a fiscal hero and that will distract from the true cost which is the actual payroll numbers. 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:30am
This every other Tuesday sideshow has gone on long enough

1. We paid a consultant HOW MUCH to come up with last night's plan to remedy the canal mess(which has been kicked down the road for 20+ years now)? And THAT was the plan the consultant and Mr.Duritsch arrived upon? We should apologize to Mr.Barge for once again stringing him along and wasting a lot of his time. IF this canal mess was near Beau Verre, Pendleton, the former Manchester Inn or the S Main hysterical district, it would have been fixed long ago, and the affected residents would have been given thousands of taxpayer $$ for their "suffering". Just look at the quick response and expense to fix a hole on that dumb bike path(directly behind the S Main district).

2. AJ screwed up participating as he did with the protest. 4 days of police and security planning for that event with 20+ well-behaved "protesters"? Are we scared of AJ-Dora Bronston-John Harvey-a Dem leader and 10 other human beings? Get real. How much public $$ was wasted on the pomp and protocol associated with the Mayor's "my way or the highway" speech? Talk about waste and over-kill!

3. Council comments--have denigrated to personal vendettas and name-calling. Embarrassing to everyone. AJ--the Mayor-Mr.Picard--all pots calling the kettle black. Get rid of Council Comments asap.

4. Scapegoating--So now they don't do anything(outside of feeding their enablers in the former downtown area) to maintain Council and Admin's funamental responsibilities and expenditures? Just say "we can't afford it" and blame it all on AJ Smith?  Too easy. hupocritical and transparent. Most of these festering issues(canal, infrastructure, waste in the former downtown, industry exodus, property values plummeting)
were in motion about the time AJ Smith(and Josh Laubaugh) were born.

5. Visited Pendleton yesterday. Bought a good sandwich from the catering firm. Nice people--I was the only person there at 12:30. There were NO studios open and very little activity. So--just what is to go on there between once-a-month Fridays? How is this project going to enhance the every day area activity and economy?

Council meetings + special "work sessions" are producing NOTHING outside of a lot of double talk and shirking of basic fundamental responsibilty. This Council is a complete mess from right to left. Our Mayor is extremely biased-Mr.Allen is un-responsive and offers little. Mr.Becker could help, but doesn't. AJ and Mr.Picard don't get it. Anita does her job well, however it has become lost in her extensive rhetoric.

We need ALL new members who can position Admin to do the job as directed without this distractive bickering, personal fighting and in-decision.

Last night's meeting once again takes the f'n cake. Embarrassing, non-productive, passing the buck.
We need to put this group to bed, out on the streets, once and for all.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:57am
Well said spiderjohn, well said!
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 10:20am
Spider - nice post; I do have one small issue. I live behind the Historical District and let me tell you, the sewers here stink to high heaven!!! If that sewer line they're fixing now solves the problem, I'll be both pleased and surprised.
Most people don't have much of an idea how an artist's studio works. You're not going to see a lot of people there except for public events. The studios are either for the artist to work on art or to bring finished art to sell during public events. If they are there and working, the door will probably be closed. It would be akin to being at work and having someone follow you around otherwise. Artist usually do their work alone. You are correct that the PAC is not an every day economic activity. I have said as much in other posts. I'll also say what I've said in other posts; if you want to make the downtown an arts center, you need entertainment as the economic engine to drive it. There are 2 theater buildings within 2 blocks of the PAC. The one is about to be demolished by the city. The other was sold to a private investor who seems to be doing the same.IMO, that is where the potential lies for downtown. Want to keep those students you plan on attracting with Cincy State downtown after class? ENTERTAINMENT!!!
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 11:07am
Whats it going to take For A.J. to realize that 99.9999% of people in Middletucky dont want him around anymore? Maybe he needs to be smacked down again by the ladies again.LOL
A.J.if your reading this Please get one of your Union buddies to give you a ride out of town. Dont go away mad,just go away.LOL
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 11:11am
As usual, very nice layout of the facts amongst the intended smoe sj. Lets evaluate this hypocrisy. AJ Smith is the new 'whipping boy', the poster child with the fact Middletown for two years, has been dipping into the once sancramount 25% rainy day reserve in the general fund, and for two years, its been spent down to 15%.

Why ol AJ has casued $ Mm to be spent having a few officers drie to Appelebee's, and at least that amount to have 60 swat team members practice maneuavers and stage conbat on the roof tops throughout Middletown. If it wasn't for AJ Smithopine Dan Picard, Larry Mulligan, Ms. G, and others, by golly, our onceuntouchable 25% rainy day reserve fund that was to make certain the interest rates were low, the bond rating MINT, would have never been touched. What a nusance, and convenient 'whipping boy' this AJ Smith to be.

What hypocrisy. I did not vote for AJ Smith, I do not agree with his actions, I don't like his agenda using the union agenda to advance his Demorcrat career objectives BUT, he did not cost the city $ Mm, and hardly his minor indiscertion at Applebee's and a gathering of 15-20 peaceful folks outsidePAC, including a few public workers, did not mandate the SWAT team and undecover CIA agents to be roaming up and down Main Street and beyond. Hyperbole and 'whipping boy' mentality to use a fall guy for taking a once untouchable 25%financial reserve to 15% as no one wants to cut, has no more credibility nor commands respect, than the blatant pandering to the union by Mr. Smith. Both are equally guilty; Mr. Smith just doesn't cost as much for his indiscretions.

I still wonder why there was nobid to retain Greg Pratt to fluff and buff Middletown up in Cincinnnati State eyes, as well as the employee of MUM, now working part-time as an Economic Director?

Imagine when that 1.75% tax rate is rolled back to 1.5% next year. Can you imagine the billboards the city will roll out; 'If this levy fails its attributed solely to the tens of $Mm spent in monioring and putting out all the fires of AJ Smith.' To control AJ Smith, this levey MUST PASS.

It just won't end....just when we thought it was safe to come outside again after Laura Willams and Dave Schiavone left.

TonyB, thanks to the venue sj has lined up, the entertainment for Cincinnati State can be found at MUM< and the city is giving them the whole downtown. I told you they will have a frat/ sorority row the envy of Ohio State by next fall down Main Street.  
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 11:42am
acclaro,Wow, I hope you're right about the frat row on Main St. Party City!!! where's my toga!!! rotf
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 11:52am
spiderjohn, I meant to comment on your point on Dave Duritsch and kicking the can down the road 20 years. When the levy was attempted at 2.25%, the can had been kicked so far down they were projecting it would take 50 years to repair the roads throughout time, and by then, receyle again. That was when oil, a significant driver, was well below the $2.00 gal range, used extendsively in asphalt, which is chemical laden. Now that we are hitting $4.00 a gallon, and 110/ barrel for crude, what do you think the cost to repair the streets to be? In the range of >$200 Mm? Kikcing the can and refusing to deal with issues is costing you, bloggers, your property value. Middletown is now entering the 30-40 year projection Paul Ryan has projected nationally, when entitlements and expenditures cannot be paid for as GDP covers 40% of debt. That is now the position of Middletown.

Its from kicking the can down the road, using funds for infratsructure for salalries, and putting your house in a position you'd be fortunately to give it away. They are bow spending 10% of the reserve in city hall, just 5 years ago, they said the ramifications would be horrific. That of course, is all the fault of AJ Smith---as council gets its orders to aim on him and to keep out the 2nd ward voters in the elections this fall.

Want a glimpse of what the national projection in the US will be within 40 years? Its in Middletown. The cause---kicking the can downward. Who pays? You do---you have seen your property plummet. Think its all tied to the global 2008 derivative meltdown? No. Ask any reputable realtor---they all say the same: only way to get a buyer into Middletown is a fire sale that makes K Mart Blue Light special look like shopping at Tiffany's.

It is not AJ Smith that caused this mess.  
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 12:14pm
The gift that just keeps givingafter reading the initial MJ article above again:

"City Manager Judy Gilleland stressed that the city cannot afford to liquidate its reserve fund past 15 percent if Council hopes to foster projects such as a new Cincinnati State branch campus. A lower balance would negatively impact the city’s financial rating and ability to borrow funds."

The little pig that cried wolf again and again- just a few years ago, it COULD NOT DROP PAST 25%, but now 15% os acceptable. Projects like Cincinnati State? Great, we won't have the miney to waste for no defined return. After the levy fails, they will drawl down to 10%, but it cannot go below 10% for the reasons cited when it could not go below 25%!

“It’s not so much a revenue issue as an expense issue,” Laubach said. “We are spending far more money than we are supposed to.” Quotes Josh Laubauh.

No Mr. Lambaugh, it is both. The city spents too much money and takes in few too little in tax revenue as business is not being attracted. The Economic Development failure is widely apparent. Just wait until the housing market and accompanying property taxes crumble over the next 3 years.  Now add to that, the rerturn to the needed 1.5% tax, ouch for Middletown, no wonder so many are selling now as the writing is on the wall.

TonyB- The Animal House food fight on Frat/ sorority row will be catered by a combination of Johnny Java's and Cincinnati State Culinary. I hope they don't keep Mr. Mulligan and Mr. Kohler up too late with their noise. Toga, Toga, Toga.... 
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 12:18pm

acclaro, we have a Bright Future ™

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 12:38pm
Bill, ever get the feeling we are on a rdderless ship, spinning in circles? I do, daily. Yes, Bright Past, Brighetr Future. If only those businesses and home owners outside of Middletown belived this to be true. Lets take wagers, will the rainy day reserve get down to 5% by 2013? Or 0%. Thank goodness for all those 75 jobs SunCoke is bringing in, and Cincinnati State, when they decide when they are coming, what their curriculum to be, how many adminsitartors and faculty to be here, and how many students. Proably a 2012-2013 forecast to come.   
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 1:06pm
wow--hopefully no Cincy St.administrators watch our Council sessions.
If they do, can you imagine their thinking after last night's fiasco?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

wow--hopefully no Cincy St.administrators watch our Council sessions.
If they do, can you imagine their thinking after last night's fiasco?
Thank goodness they keep all of the "uncomfortable" stuff upstairs and away from the cameras!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 3:26pm
Spider - maybe for the next protest in Middletown we should all wear togas and bring violins!!! lol
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 3:30pm
LMAO - respect your opinion on this matter but what you're advocating is exactly what Mayor Mulligan advocated for dissenters in our city. I've stated it before that Middletown cannot stand to lose any more population. The "my way or the highway" approach to city government is, IMO, wrong.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 4:01pm
This is a copy of the plans on Main Street once Cincinnati State gets settled in, maybe in 2013. Doesn't Larry Mulligan and Dan Picard comport themselves like other illustrious leaders....Dear Ferber perhaps? Does Cincinnati realize what baggage they are getting with Middletown and the welcome wagon before it sinks in. Buyer, you have been warned.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic