FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pioneer Cemetery Ceremony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ViscountValmont View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViscountValmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 7:38pm
i am on the board, sir. i am telling you, ALL options have been discussed to no end. it comes down to BEING TOLD what is and isn't an option. the board is of an advisory capacity, not a decision making body. if compliance of either council or administration is lacking, we simply do not have the ability to magically make something happen. we are currently discussing regular citizen volunteers.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 8:40pm
I understand your dilemma with the city. If it is any consolation, they don't listen to the citizens either. Just watch the look on the council member's faces as well as the city manager when one offers comments during the citizens comments portion of any council meeting and you will get the "I'm not interested in what you have to say-your time is up" look.

The city leaders will not listen to anyone in this city EXCEPT those in that special circle of influence, sometimes referred to as MMF and their associates. They have the nasty habit of telling everyone how it will be. That is why they all must go on council with the city manager and her constituents to follow her out of town....one way.

The city may squelch the regular citizen volunteer idea as well. Most city leaders are not good for this city. JMO
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 9:00am
A suggestion. Since it appears that most government bodies (not just our city mind you, but all over our great nation) really like to come up with inventive ways of repackaging items, perhaps this idea might work:

With the lack of lighting and multiple fall hazards inside the cemetery, leaving the gates open in the evening poses a potential public safety hazard along with potential liability towards the City. With this in mind, that leaving the gates open at night is a public safety problem, then the duty of securing the facility by closing and locking the gates in the evening could easily be shifted to the MPD patrol unit for that area. It would not be an overtime situation since there are MPD patrol units for that geographic area pretty much 24/7. Additionally, doing this should cause a reduction in other crimes (like vandalism) that occur in the property, which is always a goal of the MPD.

Since unlocking and opening the gates in the morning is not a public safety issue, it can be done during straight time by a municipal employee as part of their everyday job duties along with opening gates at other municipal properties like Smith Park, etc.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 10:25am

So...City Hall is happy to shell out several thousand bucks to demo perfectly good standard street lights on S. Main Street and replace them with faux olde tyme gas lights, but they can't spare $1,700 for an electronic gate for HISTORIC Pioneer Cemetery???

What if the Cemetery Board recommends a faux olde tyme gate with an electronic lock???  Maybe that would convince Council???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 12:45pm
Mike, you'd have to add that the Mayor would also need to live right next door to the cemetery to get that type of support, the reason for the Thatcher bailout, now the Sr. Citizen bailout, and so forth. These two levies will riase more money than the city puts in street maintenance. Funny Mr. Picard says it can't afford the money for the cemetery lock but the street lamps get passed without much thought nor debate.

As I don't watch the council meetings on television, can you tell me what happened to our tea party conservative, Josh Lambaugh? I am not hearing dissent on these appaling and self serving levies, is anyone speaking for ll citizens or just a few that have a vested interest?

Why are the Sr Citizen Center meners, who pay monthly dues, entitled to have a levy put on their behalf, when they drive their own membership numbers, falt, and monthly revenue? Will council ever give consideration for anyone below senior age limit, like the kids that should be attracted to neighborhoods in Middletown, to fill the schools, that may want to swim?

Maybe the Middletown Foundation will kickin the $$$ for the gate, but your point, well made. What is an excuse for one situation is an opportunity for another. No money for this, but lots of money for that. Its te Middletown Way.

If you look at the Senior Citizen Center Board, you'll see Scorti, Shew, all the "insiders" who pull the strings on council and the city leadership. There must be a perk ordinance not easily found which says, "Mayor will have first dibs at street repair, new street lamps, and landscaping with his/her annual salary of $10,000.  
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

... As I don't watch the council meetings on television, can you tell me what happened to our tea party conservative, Josh Lambaugh? ...
Acclaro,

Mr. Laubach had a schedule conflict and had to leave early.

In order to accommodate him (or, more likely, in order to be sure that the shot-callers got what they wanted, when they wanted it), Mayor Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr. rearranged the agenda. The three legislative items requiring six votes (Councilman “Allen the Abstainer” was absent) were moved up in the agenda, the usual unanimous vote was held, and Mr. Laubach left.

The olde tyme gas light issue ended up on the agenda after Mr. Laubach’s departure.

It should be noted that this issue is not final. It will still require a Public Hearing, and then a vote on the actual construction contract. The Law Director has already conspired with a majority of city council and the city manager is a recent semi-secret business meeting to place this $500,000 + construction contract on a “motion agenda” (in violation of council rules) instead of the legislative agenda so that they could pass it, in essence, as an EMERGENCY, with only 4 or 5 votes. (Mayor Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr. will have to abstain, although I'm certain that his abstention will be counted as a "YES" by Law Director Landen, if necessary.) 

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 10:50pm
Cant the state be called in to sort this out ? I mean if they are doing illegal things wouldnt they have to answer to someone for it?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Cant the state be called in to sort this out ? I mean if they are doing illegal things wouldnt they have to answer to someone for it?
Bo,

Well, it is within the mayor's authority to alter the agenda. It would behoove another council member to object, call for a vote against it and prevail in order to stop it. However, on the face of it, it is often the correct thing to do, that is to change the agenda to advance an item if a council member has to leave, or to delay an item if a council member is going to be late to arrive. It would be difficult to prove that this was done for nefarious purposes if there were, indeed, legitimate reasons for other items to be moved on the same night’s agenda.

As far as council breaking their own rules, while this may be immoral and unethical, it is probably not illegal in and of itself. It might be possible for citizens to file a complaint with the Ethics Commission, or a Common Pleas Court plea to compel council to follow their own rules. Both of these things take more time for a non-lawyer to do than is available before the fact. The Common Pleas route also takes money.

I feel that Landen’s practice of claiming that “abstentions count with the majority” would certainly be struck down if properly challenged in the courts as it is absolutely ludicrous, but this also requires the expenditure of the money necessary to hire a good lawyer for a court challenge. All this practice does is allow a council member who has an interest in any contract, job, work or service for the City to benefit by same simply by “abstaining” rather than excusing himself (or herself) from the vote or voting “present”. It is exactly the same as voting with the majority when it is something that the “friends of City Hall” want. You never see this “abstentions count with the majority” farce invoked when the “majority” has voted against the shot-callers’ instructions.

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 2:45am
So in other words its just sleazy politics,flaunt it in front of our eyes and count on apathy just like the big boys in washington dc.
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViscountValmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

So...City Hall is happy to shell out several thousand bucks to demo perfectly good standard street lights on S. Main Street and replace them with faux olde tyme gas lights, but they can't spare $1,700 for an electronic gate for HISTORIC Pioneer Cemetery???

What if the Cemetery Board recommends a faux olde tyme gate with an electronic lock???  Maybe that would convince Council???

Hahaha, good call on the old tyme lights for the cemetery, Mike. Maybe we should do that?! :-) But the electronic gate is much more than 1,700. It's a little over 6 grand. And the most recent article in the Journal had many errors in it, which we all discussed at the meeting. I encourage everyone to take that article with a grain of salt. Some things Mr. Picard said were misconstrued. And clearly this isn't their first time doing as such. But, I feel it is very important to at least TRY to keep people as informed as possible on the events as they progress.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 3:47pm
I appreciate the cemetery board's efforts since they organized. It would appear, since the board's inception, that there has been attempts to right the long time neglect and dishonor to the ones buried there and their families. My grandfather's mother, father and brother are buried there. Glad to see activity to make the place a little nicer. Your efforts are well received.
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViscountValmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2011 at 7:59pm
Thank you. We are sincerely trying. And we always appreciate hearing from descendants of those resting there. It is citizens like you that are most important to the cause as you have "grandfathered" rights over being buried yourselves. This is certainly not to downplay the role of MANY others who have furthered this cause more than we could have ever imagined, even without the inherent drive behind family members residing at the cemetery. But when it comes down to it, it will be descendants that "the brass" will want to hear from, and will have an ultimate say about personal wishes to the city as to what needs to be done, in my humble opinion. Again, many thanks.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2011 at 8:02am

Viscount Valmont

It is the families of those buried at the
Middletown Cemetery that have called and complained about the condition year after year and the nothing was ever corrected.

Viscount, it is not up to the family members to solve the problems of the cemetery it is the City since the law clearly states that it is their responsibility and what needs to be done at the cemetery. At the last meeting I attended I stated that tombstones had been removed from the graves and needed to be replaced.  You didn’t seem to think this was a serious problem that needed any action. It is against the law to deface or move a tombstone from a grave…period….and to add to this problem….these tombstones have been off the graves for at least 15 years. I have requested every year for 6 years that this problem be solved. Soooo please tell me what a reasonable amount of time should be for the city to place these stones back on the gravesites.

So once again I will tell you that the
Middletown Cemetery is not in compliance with ORC 4767.06

Summerrain1957 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2011 at 9:42pm

So do you think it is ok to put the stones back in the cemetery on the ground so that they can be mowed over and grown over where they may never be found?  I know that the stones were removed from the cemetery vault.  At this point in my opinion the stones are in a place where they will not be destroyed any further and will be placed back on the graves that they belong on.  The cemetery board was created so that it might help get things done for the cemetery that the City of Middletown honestly does not want to take care of.   So if everyone would please let the Board  do the work that they were charged to do maybe they can get the cemetery back to what Vivian refers to as ORC4767.06.

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 5:04am
Summertime1957
So do you think it is ok to put the stones back in the cemetery on the ground so that they can be mowed over and grown over where they may never be found? 
Yes, I want all the tombstones back in the cemetery on the graves where they belong…ASAP….In fact that is the only place that they do belong at any time.
At this point in my opinion the stones are in a place where they will not be destroyed any further and will be placed back on the graves that they belong on. 

You really need to read ORC4767.06 because your opinion is in error on this fact. It is against the law for these stones to remain off these graves.

The Middletown Cemetery has not been in compliance with the law for many years.

The cemetery board was created so that it might help get things done for the cemetery that the City of Middletown honestly does not want to take care of.   

Wow, then you have a lot of work to get completed at the cemetery.
So if everyone would please let the Board do the work that they were charged to do maybe they can get the cemetery back to what Vivian refers to as ORC4767.06.
Well, Summertime, from where I’m sitting, the only person stopping the board is the board.

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 9:58am
 The name is Summerrrain1957 not Summertime 1957. 

First:  I know you have been fighting with the city for years over this cemetery and I now find it to be a battle between you and the City Manager so why not back off a bit and let someone else ( THE BOARD)  try to get something done in the cemetery.  I know from experience in the past that the City leaders do not look kindly on being told how to do their job even if they are not doing their jobs correctly and they are working for the people of this town.  I myself appreciate everything that you have done over the last however many years and I do indeed hope that this all can be worked out so that the Cemetery gets back up to code.

Second:  I have read the ORC 4767.06 and like I said it was "MY OPINION" that the best place for these stones right now is where they are at.  I also want the Stones replaced where they were at ,and I am sure they will be replaced in the cemetery  sooner than later.

Third:  I do believe that the Cemetery Board has alot of work to do, however the New Board needs the People of Middletown behind them to make sure the items they are working on get accomplished.

Last:  Where are all these people that are complaining to you about the Cemetery?  Are they going to the board meetings and if not WHY?  They need to be heard at the meetings. I understand that someone filed a complaint with the state and then did not even show up at the meeting in Columbus WHY NOT? Anyway  I did not get on here to argue about the cemetery.  I have my feelings on it too since my children have family buried there.  I am sure it will work out with the new Board in due time it will not be an overnight process to fix what has been let go for many many years..
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 10:43am
The name is Summerrrain1957 not Summertime 1957.
First: I know you have been fighting with the city for years over this cemetery and I now find it to be a battle between you and the City Manager so why not back off a bit and let someone else ( THE BOARD) try to get something done in the cemetery. I know from experience in the past that the City leaders do not look kindly on being told how to do their job even if they are not doing their jobs correctly and they are working for the people of this town. I myself appreciate everything that you have done over the last however many years and I do indeed hope that this all can be worked out so that the Cemetery gets back up to code.
Thats where the problem is,are spineless leaders have forgotten who pays their damn sarlies.They are nothing but liars and backstabbers and everyone of them ought to be booted out of office.Its not going to get any better till they do.Tongue

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 11:25am
LMAO...  glad you are all getting a laugh out of the mess that has come out of the City and Ms Moon fighting, which in the end will be a black eye for the cemetery and the Vault will be torn down in November. 

Thats where the problem is,are spineless leaders have forgotten who pays their damn sarlies.They are nothing but liars and backstabbers and everyone of them ought to be booted out of office.Its not going to get any better till they do.  

Hmmm Really???

Even if the Management changes downtown problems will still exist with the cemetery...  this has been going on for years not just since JG has been City Manager.  Think about it.  The city does not want to put any money or as little as possible into the cemetery.  that is why the board is trying to do what they can to save the vault and get the cemetery back into cpmpliance

If all the people on this blog that are complaining about the cemetery would stop bitchin about how the City is or is not doing their job with this Cemetery Problem and step up and support the New Board then maybe, just maybe there would be changes as to the way the cemetery is taken care of. 

I just think there are people out there that want to keep the fire stoked and this will not get the Board anywhere except maybe dissolved come November.

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Summerrain1957 Summerrain1957 wrote:

LMAO...  glad you are all getting a laugh out of the mess that has come out of the City and Ms Moon fighting, which in the end will be a black eye for the cemetery and the Vault will be torn down in November. 

Thats where the problem is,are spineless leaders have forgotten who pays their damn sarlies.They are nothing but liars and backstabbers and everyone of them ought to be booted out of office.Its not going to get any better till they do.  

Hmmm Really???

Even if the Management changes downtown problems will still exist with the cemetery...  this has been going on for years not just since JG has been City Manager.  Think about it.  The city does not want to put any money or as little as possible into the cemetery.  that is why the board is trying to do what they can to save the vault and get the cemetery back into cpmpliance

If all the people on this blog that are complaining about the cemetery would stop bitchin about how the City is or is not doing their job with this Cemetery Problem and step up and support the New Board then maybe, just maybe there would be changes as to the way the cemetery is taken care of. 

I just think there are people out there that want to keep the fire stoked and this will not get the Board anywhere except maybe dissolved come November.

I get a laugh everytime the spinless council and JG open their mouths,cos 99.999% of the time its a lie.They should of thought about that when they took money out of the CemetaryFund to pay for something else.Their thinking is rob peter to pay paul. Until each one of them are off the payroll many people of Middletown arent going to be happy.I have found out that alot of people in this town wont open their mouths cos of fear of repucution.Not me,I say what I want and if they cant handle it then guess what,I DONT CARE.They can scratch their ass and get happy.Smile
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 1:20pm
well have you been to a meeting yet to have your say?  Why Not? As long as people only complain behind the scenes and not in an open forum NOTHING will be solved.  Thank you
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 1:48pm
Summerrain 1957- I appreciate the board's efforts as I stated 4 or 5 posts before your posts. I too, am not a fan of the city leaders in many areas including the way they have handled the vault, the cemetery upkeep and the apparent lack of caring for the site over the years.

I agree with you about backing off and letting the cemetery board take the lead and try to right the ship getting the cemetery back up to standard. I will differ with you on your comments concerning the defense of the city leaders, the city manager in particular. IMO, as I have stated before, she is not good for this city as she has charted the wrong direction for this town to progress. We are a regressive town and the joke of SW Ohio. Has been for 20+ years. It is her, some of her staff and her predecessors who have carved a destructive path for this town and, like LMAQ has stated, some need to be run out of town and new council people need to be elected as this council is grossly misguided in it's decision making. Becker, Picard, Mulligan and Allen need to be eliminated from council. The Law Director, The Planning Director and the city manager need to go. They have done enough damage. JMO

You state:

"As long as people only complain behind the scenes and not in an open forum NOTHING will be solved. Thank you"

I must respond to your statement. I have been to many forums and council meetings over the years. Have spoken before council for the three minute "Citizens Comments" portion of the meeting. Have spoken at the various "talks with councilmembers" forums that Laubach, Marconi and others have had in the past. They all listen. Council never makes a comment or answers your questions directed to them. They never agree or admit that they agree. They never offer a solution on the spot. They usually give the patented "city response" and they are masters at dancing around the content of the question. In other words, you are hard-pressed to get a straight, honest answer from anyone on council nor in the city building. THAT is why most people don't approach this city government. THE PEOPLE never receive honesty from our elected and hired officials. Again, JMO.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Summerrain 1957- I appreciate the board's efforts as I stated 4 or 5 posts before your posts. I too, am not a fan of the city leaders in many areas including the way they have handled the vault, the cemetery upkeep and the apparent lack of caring for the site over the years.

I agree with you about backing off and letting the cemetery board take the lead and try to right the ship getting the cemetery back up to standard. I will differ with you on your comments concerning the defense of the city leaders, the city manager in particular. IMO, as I have stated before, she is not good for this city as she has charted the wrong direction for this town to progress. We are a regressive town and the joke of SW Ohio. Has been for 20+ years. It is her, some of her staff and her predecessors who have carved a destructive path for this town and, like LMAO has stated, some need to be run out of town and new council people need to be elected as this council is grossly misguided in it's decision making. Becker, Picard, Mulligan and Allen need to be eliminated from council. The Law Director, The Planning Director and the city manager need to go. They have done enough damage. JMO
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 1:54pm
The board is split apart, the current or replaced? Chair can't even get a clear direction or understanding what their role is IMO. And yes I have been to the meetings. All good hearted and caring people giving up time to help solve some of the issues.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 3:10pm
to Viet-Vet:   I agree with all that, and i am not defending city management at all. It has been going on for the  last 20 or so years and this is just my comment on the cemetery.

I believe that there is a definate feud going on between the City Manager and Ms Moon over the Cemetery and it is also my belief that this is due inpart to Ms Moon telling the city how to do their job.  which I stated before they will not tolerate.

I know that Ms G is running this city into the ground with the rest of City Management and I see businesses closing and leaving town every week  its sad.  I personally did not vote for any of the people on the council, and yes we are as a city an embarassment to SW Ohio. 

to ground swat:  The board is split apart...  From what I am hearing the Chair gets/got his direction from one person only, and we all know who that is...   So In my opinion if Ms G is dictating how the new cemetery board runs and what they can say and who they can and cannot talk to what is the point?

I learn new stuff everyday about this problem at the Cemetery and I am hoping that come November people will speak up and let the City Management know that it will be the wrong thing to do in tearing down the vault..  I know the board is seeking funds for the vault through private donations and grants and hope they can make their goal.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 4:48pm
Summerrain 1957 states "I believe that there is a definate feud going on between the City Manager and Ms Moon over the Cemetery and it is also my belief that this is due inpart to Ms Moon telling the city how to do their job. which I stated before they will not tolerate"

BUT SOMEONE WHO CARED HAD TO TELL THE CITY HOW TO DO THEIR JOB BECAUSE THEY WERE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW IN MANY ASPECTS OF THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES. IT JUST HAPPENED TO BE MS. MOON, WHO WAS PERSISTENT ENOUGH TO NOT LET IT RIDE BUT RATHER CALL THEM ON IT. SHOULD HAPPEN MORE IMO. THE CITY, ESPECIALLY THE CITY MANAGER, WAS VINDICTIVE IN THE HANDLING OF MS. MOON'S EFFORTS TOWARD THE BEAUTIFICATION OF THE CEMETERY. TO REMOVE THE NICE PLANTED, MULCHED ENTRYWAY BY THE GATE WAS JUST ASININE. IT SHOWED A TOTAL LACK OF MATURITY IN THE WAY IT WAS HANDLED AND REMINDED ME OF THE PLAYGROUND BULLY SYNDROME. CHILDISH.

SOME OF US REALLY DON'T GIVE A DAM WHETHER THE CITY WILL "TOLERATE" IT OR NOT. SOME OF US ARE NOT INTIMIDATED BY THESE SO-CALLED CITY LEADERS. WE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEM BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE AND THE DESTRUCTION THEY ARE CAUSING. WHEN THE PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THEM AND THEIR ATTITUDE, THE DEADWOOD PURGE WILL BE MADE AND, HOPEFULLY, THEY WILL LEAVE TOWN, ALLOWING US TO "TAKE OUT THE TRASH". PERHAPS THE NEW PEOPLE IN CHARGE WILL ALLOW US TO FORGET THIS SAD TIME IN THE CITY'S HISTORY.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic