FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pioneer Cemetery Ceremony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 6:38pm
Don't understand. Why does it take a union person in any department to lock and unlock a gate? I have said this before but can't the union people be bypassed by having a non-union city worker or big kahuna lock/unlock the gate to and from work? Surely there is no union job designation for this task, is there? Give the key to someone who drives in to work on Central and out of town on First. Only take a few minutes to do. Hell, give the union person the key if it's such a big deal for the unions and let them leave work a half hour early for doing it. It's called comp time. No extra pay, just an earlier departure time from work each day.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 6:54pm
With the lack of lighting and multiple fall hazards inside the cemetery, leaving the gates open in the evening poses a potential public safety hazard along with potential liability towards the City.

MiddletownScouter
You are correct.
When I first started working at the cemetery in 2005 if I saw anything hazardous like a large broken limb, groundhog holes, etc., I would take a photo of the problem and sent it to Ginger Smith and Ray Tolson and they would take care of the problem within a few weeks.  

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 7:01pm
Vet
I wish I had an answer for you.
It makes my three little gray cells go….TILT…TILT…TILT

Summerrain1957 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2011 at 8:37pm
The Middletown Police and the Parks Dept do not lock Smith Park anymore except when Light up Middletown is going on.  Just saying!!!
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by LMAO LMAO wrote:

I will donate the Tarps if they will be replaced.Its just a damn shame are spineless ones cant do it.Whoever is in charge can PM me and let me know when and where to drop them of.

That's nice, good for you!

Some of us really appreciate it!
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by TudorBrown TudorBrown wrote:

Originally posted by LMAO LMAO wrote:

I will donate the Tarps if they will be replaced.Its just a damn shame are spineless ones cant do it.Whoever is in charge can PM me and let me know when and where to drop them of.

That's nice, good for you!

Some of us really appreciate it!
I called the city to tell them that I would donate the tarps and even get a contractor to place these and was told "We can Handle it."When asking when it was going to be "HANDLED" the person on the other end aditude changed from nice to being a complete asshole.
I think I seen or was sent a private message that the old tarps was taken down.Havent heard nor have I been by to see if new ones was put up.
If are spinless ones and Ms Judy wants to spend taxpayers money they need to invest in anger managemeant classes to some of their employees.Smile
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 8:14pm

LAMO
I was at the cemetery about an hour ago and the traps have been removed from the roof of the vault.  It also looks like they have removed part of the vent that was in the center of the roof for some reason.

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

LAMO
I was at the cemetery about an hour ago and the traps have been removed from the roof of the vault.  It also looks like they have removed part of the vent that was in the center of the roof for some reason.

Im not going to try to figure out why they took them down without replacing them cos we all know that they just dont give a damn what the people in Middletucky thinks.I just pray that some people will step up and run against the spineless ones that are sitting now. Also I pray that Ms.Judy will just go away.She and her side kick Leslie are nothing but liars.Smile
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 4:51pm

LAMO

Went by there today and tarps are still down.Had to go back on some post to read and I didnt find no one calling them "TACKY" just tore up.So my question to the "SPINELESS ONES" that lurk around why havent they been replaced? Dont give us a response saying dont have the money,cos ME,Myself,and I was going to donate the tarps and the manpower to put them up.Mind you they wasnt the five dollar ones that you can pick up at the dollar store,they was heavy duty that trucks use.Are you "SPINELESS" ones hopeing that it will rain and fall in? Also,why has the board done anything about it?
Stop worrying about putting a gate up cos if the youngun's want in there going to get in.We have plenty of Police Officers that patrol the area so why not just pull in there and cruise around and see if you catch the lil varmets? LOL...If you so happen to catch them  best punishmeant to them would be community work in the same place they went to destroy.Big%20smile
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 5:14pm
Who's the chair person?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 6:45pm

Ground Swat
I ain’t got a clue about who’s in charge of anything.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 7:21pm

Potential liability to the City…..

da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 2:13pm
I would like to talk to whoever (LMAO) that wanted to donate the Tarp for the Cemetery Vault.  Can you please send me a private messege.  Thank you
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by da120757 da120757 wrote:

I would like to talk to whoever (LMAO) that wanted to donate the Tarp for the Cemetery Vault.  Can you please send me a private messege.  Thank you
Sent you a message.
cooan View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2012 at 6:34am

I would like to thank Armbrusters for donating flowers again this year for the cemetery entry.

I would also like to thank the Middletown Community Foundation for the tombstone grant. Without their support over the past 7 years the Middletown Cemetery would still be a weed field.

My grant money for the restoration of the vault can be used by the new cemetery board.

Again a group of volunteers have stepped foreward....however....what will the City do to help these volunteers. Why is it that the City has money for flowers and mulch for the parks but not for the cemetery? Why are the flowers from the cemetery now in other parks in the City? If they couldn't take care of the flowers at the cemetery how can they take care of them at other locations??
Yep I've still got lots of questions......

It is so great that they donate the flowers for the cemetery. So a big thanks to Armbruster.
I think it is a reasonable question why the City has no money for flowers for the cemetery. I think if they have money for the parks they should definitely use some of the money also for the cemetery. Maybe it would also be possible to order cheap flowers by post and then use them for the cemetery. I am of the opinion that there should be a solution to this because what if Armbruster does not donate flowers any more. Will there then be no flowers? That would be sad I think.

wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2012 at 8:21am
This is probbably too simple to offer as a solution but it's something to contemplate. The cemetary where my family is buried has a Memorial Day ceremony every year like most other cemetaries. At this time the families donate money to the caretakers for the following year. The cemetary has a roster by the entrance that lists the family members and how much they donated. There is a shared opinion that  the family should help financially with the expenses to care for the graves of their loved ones. By posting who and how much probably motivates the family members to show more responsibility. Heaven forbid if your name is not listed and Uncle Josiah has to come and haunt you or worse yet, the other living family members take you to task. Most of my family live out of state now so it's comforting to know the cemetary is being cared for. We visit often and it always looks beautiful. A small donation from every living relative times the number of graves goes a long way and it's not a huge financial burden on any one entity. It has worked for the past 100 years or so. Just a thought . .
Topdog View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2012 at 9:37am
As a member of the cemetery committee, I would like to thank the fine citizens of Middletown for all of their continued support both verbally
and financially.

We have achieved a lot in the 14 months we have been a board but still have a long way to go. We have repaired 92 tombstones in areas 1 & 2 at at cost of $9,308.00. We rebuilt and pressure washed the stone walls of the vault at a cost of $42,320.00. We are going to replace the rotted roof framing system in the next 60 to 90 days. That a cost of $11,810.00. That will empty our account. The slate roof and coupla will still need to be financed as well as the new front doors. All of the monies for the repairs up to this point have been through grants and private donations.

Our five major priorities that are still ahead of us are as follows: A. Complete the renovation of the vault. B. Install a security system ie. mechanical gate, security cameras, and fence repair/replacement. C. Tree removal and re-plant. D. Veterans memorial. E. Tombstone repair. We estimate the cost to perform all of these items will run between $100,000.00 and $135,000.00.

We welcome any support that can provided, to get this historic cemetery into a condition that all of Middletown can be proud of.

We meet on the third Wednesday of each month, on the second floor of the city building at 5:00pm room 210, all are welcome.

Thank you for your continued support.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic