FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is it with Middletown, Anyway!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lebanonian View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lebanonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it with Middletown, Anyway!?
    Posted: May 06 2011 at 1:20pm
"Man charged with killing 75-year-old stole change, dog carrier, family say"

http://www.western-star.com/news/crime/man-charged-with-killing-75-year-old-stole-change-dog-carrier-family-says-1153915.html

I always knew that Middletown was a post-industrial, post-apocalyptic scene of decay and lost human potential. That's all fine and dandy.

But THIS is truly messed up. What kind of animals do you have over there, anyway?

I know... the same kind of animals that Cincinnati, Dayton, and for that matter, any major city has... Cry

What a piece of human scum. Death penalty!!!!! And a lottery to throw the switch. Piece of !@^(!.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 1:50pm
Could it be that the over abundance of section 8 housing has brought a bad element to Middletown?
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lebanonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 2:14pm
So why is THAT? What makes Middletown a Section 8 magnet? How long has this been the case?

I mean, I'm an outsider, obviously. So the internal squabbles that consume Middies over Section 8 is not something that I get.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 2:38pm
Im not really that read on it but I read some where that Middletown now has 80% or so of the section 8 housing vouchers in Butler County Iam sure you could find more about it in the posts in this forum.It seems some members on previous councils have help to usher it in.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lebanonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 3:01pm
So the specific beef is that Middletown is overrepresented compared to, for instance, Hamilton?

It makes sense, though. The closer you get to Cincinnati, the healthier the economy. Dayton is an economic wasteland. My wife knows somebody who drives from Troy (north of Dayton) to *Norwood*.

This type of evil amazes me, especially in a noplace town that doesn't seem that harsh like Middletown. Middletown just isn't South Central.

Middletown's main problem besides the economy is sheer boringness.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 3:07pm
This particular incident is not related to Section 8. I believe this person's family have lived in this town for a long time. It's more of a bad apple than Section 8 influence. Having said that, there are over 1600 Section 8 voucher in Middletown which has about 20,000 housing units. That's about 7% of the total housing units in the city. Based on that, it seems that we are placing a lot of the blame on Section 8 or we are just looking for excuses to our own lack of leadership.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lebanonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 4:44pm
I didn't bring up Section 8. That seems to be a problem with a dying community - one issue (which is really a by-product of underemployment and lack of opportunity) gets the blame for all the ills, so then all of the ills are, of course, caused the part of society that seems to be overrepresented by Section 8. 

What was appalling to me is the evil here that was committed for very low stakes. This kid should be tortured to death. What scum.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 6:55pm
Murder like this can and does take place every where,not just Middeltown.Look at Cincinnati and their crime,Detroit,bad,bad places.
The killer will no doubt get life,life pays more than an execution.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Could it be that the over abundance of section 8 housing has brought a bad element to Middletown?
If you notice there was a question mark after the sentence.I am not saying that all people on section 8 are bad people but I could give you a few addresses if you want to go watch some people getting Government bennies that sit around the yard all day grilling out and drinking beer cussing and fighting and being obnoxious in general while everyone else has to work for a living and oh yea lets not forget the drug dealing etc. going on.Does that mean that all people on section 8 are like some people ? No it does not.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 11:44pm
Bocephus...I know of those type of people around our street.. it pisses my wife and I off a lot. But, I do agree that not ALL section 8 people are bad people. There is a whole group of people on Section 8 that abuse it, and that is a part of the problem...
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Lebanonian Lebanonian wrote:

I didn't bring up Section 8. That seems to be a problem with a dying community - one issue (which is really a by-product of underemployment and lack of opportunity) gets the blame for all the ills, so then all of the ills are, of course, caused the part of society that seems to be overrepresented by Section 8. 

What was appalling to me is the evil here that was committed for very low stakes. This kid should be tortured to death. What scum.

What is appalling to me is that you would advocate evil as a punishment for evil!!! NO ONE SHOULD EVER BE TORTURED!!! What kind of a person would ever say such a thing! Yes, what this person did was ugly and evil; you do not stoop to that level as punishment. Do you think that at any time someone who commits such a crime is thinking about the repercussions of those actions? You, sir, need to step back and think long and hard about advocating evil for evil!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic