FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Split Vote on FB Coach Krause

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split Vote on FB Coach Krause
    Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 9:55am
I was surprised that neither Tyus nor McNeil would not cite a 'specific' reason for voting against the hiring of Coach Krause.

School board members are generally elected. Except in the case of President Tyus. He was appointed.

Being a public official, means that you need to make public justification for your legislative action. Saying "a lot of reasons," isn't saying anything at all.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 11:01am

I for one, am glad Krause made it. But Rudy should sign back on as pastor to those kids. Why does he want avoid a chance to speak the word of god to this years kids? Is it the kids fault that the board voted for a white coach?

arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 11:02am
I would have to think if there truly were a lot of reasons Mrs. McNeail voted no, that those reasons are not something she thinks would help her political career, or the school system, if she voiced them at this time.

Perhaps it comes down to: "If you don't have anyting nice to say then don't say anyting at all". Which works for me.
Bretland View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bretland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 1:47pm
It almost didn't pass!! Can you believe that?

And then, the two NO voters would not give a reason why they voted NO. WE ALL KNOW WHY!!! The newspaper editorial from the day before!!
Just admit it. Instead, they act like there's all these hidden issues they're worried about discussing. There's only ONE issue. Be forthright and talk about it.

Talk about a wishy washy couple of people.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 2:33pm
I don't think I read that editorial, and I am feeling pretty ignorant, so if you, or anyone could help me out here, what is this reason we all know about ?

John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2008 at 11:01am

My understanding is that some board members and others, were not pleased with the way the hiring of coach Krause was handled by Dr. Price.

He certainly has the authority to hire and fire staff, but did not handle the racial aspects with diplomacy.

Now there are hurt feelings and a bit more of a divide.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bretland View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bretland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2008 at 2:07pm
The editorial mentioned was a resignation letter from the football team chaplain. In that editorial it was stated that the resignation was caused by the selection of a non-african american coach.

My problem with the editorial and resignation? It came out after the coach selection was made. Had the chaplain submitted his concerns PRIOR to the selection it may have had more impact and meaning (to me).

Bob B 
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 8:38am
You guys can dance with the best of them.  Bottomline it was a Black & White Issue.  Pringle didn't like the fact that a White coach was hired so he decided to pull one of his little stunts as he has done in front of City Council in the past.

Tyus has sided with Pringle in Past and did so this time also.  McNeil went along for the ride to deflect some of the Black & White issue off of the BOE.

It is unfortunate that the Race Card continues to be played in this day and age.  It is even more unfortunate that a supposed community leader continues to pull these actions, especially when they involve teen agers who could of used Pringle's guidance in a more productive manner.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 12:31pm

Thanks!

I had picked most of that up since my earlier post... but to bad the race of an applicant even has to come up at all.

I would think that part of living in a color blind society would mean making decisions without regard to race and accepting those decisions in the same manner.
caclark View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 10:13am
Good Day! As I read your message and some others, I feel as if we're not really looking at this as a whole. I always thought that if you disagreed with something, you don't have to give a reason. If I didn't agree with the decision that the school board makes, all that may need to be said is that I may not agree. Do you feel that if the two persons who did not give a reason why the coach should not be elected had given a reason, would it have made a difference in the vote? Because I'm convinced that the opinons were already formed long before the voting had to take place.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 3:22pm

Since the decision was made by Dr. Price whose job it is to hire, manage and fire, then everyone ought to just chill. Krause is here and we better get behind him and the Middies, or we will be sorry come this fall.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic