FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broad Street Bash Tomorrow at 5:30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broad Street Bash Tomorrow at 5:30
    Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:19pm
Each Bash starts at 5:30 p.m. and includes food and beverage vendors, and a kids’ area around Governor’s Square Park at Central Avenue and Broad Street.

The schedule for 2011 is:
June 1: Cleavers and the Exploding Toads
June 15: Off The Hook;
June 29: The Menus;
July 13: Stagger Lee;
July 27: Mr. Speed (A KISS Tribute) and 3 Feet Deep;
Aug. 10: After Midnight;
Aug. 24: Swamp Bees, plus Gregg Clark & Darrell Sallee.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 6:04pm
I cant wait, cold beer and good music.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Tim Lewis View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2011 at 10:33am
Thanks John and Randy. Great turnout last night. I'm sure the weather helped. Next one is June 15th with Off The Hook. See you down there.
Tim Lewis
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2011 at 11:07am
Tim, no problem! We love to promte the posittive thngs in Middletown. I would still like to see the MIddletownusa.com name somewhere down there. What do we need to do to make that happen?
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2011 at 11:40am
Sorry I missed the last bash. Hope to make the next one and get some photos and a bit of video.

Originally posted by Tim Lewis Tim Lewis wrote:

Thanks John and Randy. Great turnout last night. I'm sure the weather helped. Next one is June 15th with Off The Hook. See you down there.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
TransAmEnt View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransAmEnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2011 at 1:11pm
Did you see the story in the Middletown Journal today regarding concerts every wednesday in Governor's Square through July?
sickofthebull View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickofthebull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 6:19am
Mr. Speed last night at the Bash...1st time I've been to a bash and the 1st time I've seen that band...if you are a KISS fan you would absolutely LOVE Mr. Speed!! They were DEAD ON like the real thing....a great time!!!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 12:52pm
Last nights bash was a blast, lots of people and the band was spot on.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 3:26pm

seemingly powerless View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seemingly powerless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 4:58pm
It would appear that the most interesting of this years Bash concerts was totally missed by the media.  Mr. Speed, a first class KISS tribute band was out of this world. A misting truck kept a large amount of the 3000 in attendance cool.  See Longlivethebash.com for details.   Not a word in the paper, Anyway, there is no concert on August 3. First Wednesday off in months.  There is a the regularly scheduled, "After Midnight"  on the 10th and the rained out first concert rescheduled to the 24th with the Swamp Bees and Middletown's ever faithful Gregg Clark and Darrell Sallee.  In between on the 17th we have a rain out concert from Legends of Rock.  Watch the Rock the Legends website for more details.  
once you know what the right thing is to do, it should be impossible not to do so.....Seemingly Powerless
sickofthebull View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickofthebull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 5:12pm
409 it looks like you were sitting pretty much next to me LOL...powerless I have to say I was never a KISS fan but went with people who were/are and I was blown away by how much they sounded like the real thing and even acted like them...what a great time!! This was my first time going to a Bash and hopefully they will bring these guys back...The band called The Naked Karate Girls would be another great band to add if they can get them and would probably draw a big crowd...shame it wasn't even covered...what probably didn't help was that the Menus were at Bridgewater the same night...
Tim Lewis View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 11:39am
Mr. Speed was a great addition to the Bash this year. I have never been a huge Kiss fan but these guys were dead on. Also, just great guys on and off the stage. Great crowd too!
Great to see you there Randy. It's events like this that helps to put a little positive spin on Middletown. Lord knows we need it.
I too was surprised that the Journal wasn't there at least taking pictures. They missed a good opportunity for a great story.
2 more to go on Aug. 10th with After Midnight. If you like 70's rock then you need to check these guys out. Known for medleys of Queen, Journey, Boston, etc. Then on August 24th we have the 1st Bash rainout date with local music greats, Gregg Clark & Darrell Sallee. Then The Swamp Bees take the stage. This is a local band featuring guitar great Fred Gillespie.
Thanks again and see you on August 10th.
Long Live The Bash!
Tim Lewis 

Tim Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic