FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Legends of Rock - Governor's Square

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TransAmEnt View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransAmEnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Legends of Rock - Governor's Square
    Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 4:51pm
Legends of Rock

Governor's Square
(Central Ave. & Broad St.)
Building on the huge success of the Broad Street bash, and due to numerous requests for entertainment on the alternate Wednesdays, TransAmerican Entertainment presents "Legends of Rock".  Two hour concert style shows performed in full character. It's as if you were there, back in the day, rockin out to your favorite Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, or Guns-n-Roses tunes. See Plant & Page, Axl & Slash, together on the same stage again, recreated with realism and passion.
Now Middletown has Live music, food, and fun every Wednesday in June & July
Music starts at 5:30pm
Headliners at 8:00pm

June  8   Winds of Thor - Led Zeppelin w/DC Planet
June 22  Use Your Illusion - Guns-n-Roses w/Rock Candy, Dirty Pink
                 Rock and Ride Bike Show 
July   6    Ozzmosis/Ion Maiden - Ozzy & Iron Maiden w/Serpentarius
July  20   Slowhand - Eric Clapton w/T.B.A.

ALL AGES FAMILY FRIENDLY
Admission: FREE
Food & beverage, beer, vendors, kids play area
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransAmEnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 4:54pm
Tickets to see these tribute shows can run $48-$78
This is a great chance to get to see them for Free
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransAmEnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2011 at 1:55pm
TransAmerican Entertainment
transament@live.com
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2011 at 1:14pm
I would have loved to have attended this but did not know anything about it until just now. We will come and check it out.
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransAmEnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2011 at 2:30pm
This seems to be the theme in Middletown. Nobody knows whats going on? So I am asking for ideas on how to get the word out. It's in the paper, It's on Radio. There are fliers in Windows. There is an 8 ft banner haning in the square. . . . If these shows are successful I can bring in more of these high quality shows from around the country to entertain Middletown residents. They are fun, exciting and different from the coverbands that normally provide background music for mingling patrons of the Bash. These shows are presented as if you were there back in the day actually attending a concert by these legendary bands portrayed here and I spend a great deal of effort to bring in the best of the best.
Please let me know what I can do to make these shows more successful for you, for me, and for these tributes that put their heart and soul into recreating an experience worthy of the name "Legend of Rock"

Thanks to all that attended and your enthusiasm was well received
transament@live.com
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2011 at 4:28pm
Twitter, Facebook and word of mouth seem to be the best. Also I would post the same thing at www.trentontalk.com www.mainstreetmadison.com www.mainstreetmonroe.com . List it in the events section at www.cincinnati.com. I use that all the time looking for something to do. I did not hear it on the radio, what stations did you put it on? Talk radio is best during the day IMO. The banner should be a good idea but as we all know not very many people get downtown yet/anymore.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2011 at 4:44pm
My suggestion would be to hang some posters in local hot spots where young adults gather, perhaps Frickers, The Speakeasy, Froggy's, and the like.  The local Budweiser or Miller distributor might be able to help with this.  Also, I'd enlist the aid of the local hotels/motels to keep flyers in their lobbies.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransAmEnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 9:52am
June 22 Governor's Square will never be the same. Use Your Illusion - The Sites and Sounds of Guns-n-Roses invades Middletown turning Governor's Square into Paradise City. It is going to be an overdose of Guns-n-Roses performed in full character with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & all the hits. This and all Legends of Rock - Governor's Square shows are family friendly shows, safe for even the smallest children.
Ride in Bike show with musical entertainment by Dirty Pink. Then All Gilr rockers "Rock Candy" takes the stage to warm you up for Axl, Slash, & Use Your Illusion. Music begins at 5:30
transament@live.com
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 3:24pm
Do you know if this is the same band that played last June at Fado's outside World Cup bash in Easton? If so they were awesome. What a day that was, USA/England on the big screen and shots from an ice sculpture then a concert that night.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic