FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kohler Gets Ax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kohler Gets Ax
    Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 2:18pm
According to a reliable source on city council, Kohler's position is to be eliminated effective June 30, 2011.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 2:36pm
Are we sure it's his position?  He made mention of Linda Tong's retirement and the fact the position was being replaced and in effect eliminated at the last planning commission meeting.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 2:41pm
Bet he is "PULLING" his hair out right about now.LOL
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 2:51pm
I hope that this is not true. Ms.Tong has already retired, I believe. I don't see how they could eliminate everything that Mr.Kohler does(whether you approve or not).

Initially I did not like Marty at all, and was constantly battling with him. Over time, I have grown to appreciate and like him very much. When you honestly engage him in a constructive manner one-on-one, he is very open and enjoyable. He made a huge efoort heading the Master Plan Steering Committee. Not his fault that Council made very poor appointments to citizens who took the appointment then failed to honor their obligation.

Agree or not--imo Mr.Kohler is the most up to speed and knowledgeable person in the ivory tower.

Has Steve Husemann recently been contracted by the city for business projects?
Any truth to that rumor?
Why? He was a disaster as interim city manager imo
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 3:27pm
Didn't Husemann recommend Gilleland for city manager? A poor recommendation IMO. Kinda puts a crater in Husemann's credibility right out of the gate, doesn't it? Isn't he also to blame for starting the current secretive mode of council/city leader operations that have all of us at odds with the way meetings and decision-making is conducted? The city really doesn't need this clown here anymore.

You may be right about Kohler Spider. The problem with him has always been his approach and the way he comes across to people. When I have seen him in action, he gave me the impression that he was "above the fray". A "know-it-all"/ a "my way or the highway" type of person. (Kinda like the city manager and the law director, both seemingly ate up with ego issues) Don't know if I could carry on a conversation with any of these people without a clenched fist.

"Agree or not--imo Mr.Kohler is the most up to speed and knowledgeable person in the ivory tower"- yeah, but he's been caught on several occasions with his "pants down" in a lie, hasn't he? Specifically, when the Lenny Robinson sign debate was occuring, right? Something about not being able to produce a document and having an "outside person" as a consultant on matters??????? Don't remember the specifics.

Hasn't this man said and done things that have upset Queen Judith in the past, putting the city in embarrasing positions? How about the I-75 "Gateway" planning? No gem of an idea, right? What about his little dumpster design episode at the new VA clinic on Union Rd? Hasn't he screwed those up enough? How about all the businesses, both existing and potential that he has shafted with his little unfriendly, silly rules? How many have left or never considered locating here because of him? He has enough negative baggage to have gotten him fired from most towns by now. He was fired from Lebanon, wasn't he? If so, don't know the reason, but I would assume it was for similar things. The sad part about seeing him fired would be that the city leaders would hire someone who would be his clone. They seem to thrive on hiring derelicts like him, Robinette and Landen.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 10:32pm
Kohler's axe doesn't fall until later in the year. Planning is being moved to Community Revitalization.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 11:07pm
I assumed that was the case. Move Director's responsibilities to another Division Head (Economic Development also makes sense) and then hire lesser paid associates to handle workload. Kohler's salary is around 90k. You can move director responsibilities at no cost, and then hire lower paid to do some of the more administrative work.

I hate to see Kohler go. He is often branded an outsider on the forum, but truth be told, he is Middletown born and raised. So he likely cares deeply for the community he has roots, even if his thinking is considered slighted by some.
Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2011 at 2:06pm
Poor Mr. K, always being pushed down below another, more powerful man - now Mr. Adkins, before, Mr. Mike R. What's a guy to do but take out his resentment on property owners and business people trying to make this town something other than ghosts and gangsters? Seems he may try to do the right thing, but...his perspective is blinded by the charges of directors, managers, and council. Just another employee fallen into the government machine. Perhaps if he finds another job, elsewhere, or around town in the private sector, he may gain some realistic perspective and as such, respect through changed actions.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2011 at 5:28pm
Spoke to two different "Players" today who are just about done with our town. Mr. K's office along with Adkins sending repeat letters of ord. issues with some of their properties but can't  get them to return calls, have know reason not to belief them. Mean while I think we had another "We buy gold" store open up on Central. Whens Duncan oil opening up? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic