FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downtown tonite...oops, too late!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downtown tonite...oops, too late!!
    Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 11:21pm

The following is from the website of a local newspaper:

Clean comedy in town tonight

By Rick McCrabb, Columnist

7:07 PM Thursday, June 30, 2011

what: Clean Comedy Night

when: 7:30 p.m. today Doors open at 7 p.m.

where: The Gathering, 1108 Central Ave.

how much: $10 at the door. Proceeds will go to missional outreach in Middletown

It is a shame that this article was not posted, say, a day earlier!!! I think that I would like to have gone. The doors opened at 7:00 pm, the event began at 7:30--the article was posted at 7:07 pm, seven minutes AFTER the doors opened and just 23 minutes before the event began!!!

Unfortunately, I did not see the article until after 9:30 pm, too late to make the show.

City Hall and their friends, on one hand, claim they want everyone to support the former downtown area. On the other hand, they have been laser-like in their focus to rid the area of people-drawing enterprises such as the Section 8 office and the various welfare and social service providers’ offices, and some of the non-traditional ministries. You haven’t read about this effort in the local newspaper.

It seems that they want everyone to come downtown!!! Well…not quite everyone.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 3:00am
I dont know how many times this useless newspaper fails to announce events before they actualy happen and if they do they usualy do not include and details like dates time etc...

I used to enjoy reading the Journal before dayton daily took it over now its just an after thought.
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 1:53pm
Good news Mike! Clean Comedy is TONIGHT (July 1)...not last night. Hope you can go and enjoy!
"Because nice matters..."
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 4:55pm

Darn!!!

I wish I had known that!!! We already have plans for tonight that are too late to change, but thanks for the clarification.

I have heard that the headliner, Jeff Jena, is hilarious and I have been wanting to catch his act. Had the story been more clear, and been published a few days ahead of time, our laugh-loving group likely would have headed downtown for the show.

After all Jena does a "clean comedy" act and, in this day and age, where else can I steal clean material???  LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic