FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What the hell is going on?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What the hell is going on?
    Posted: Jul 17 2011 at 10:25pm
I received a letter from Middletown police dept on Saturday. I was wondering why  I would be getting something from them and when I opened it boy was it a shocker. It was from the famous and crooked photo enforcement program which it stated that I was in default of not paying my $100 fine by 07/05/2011 and now I owed 125.00. At the bottom it gave a date of violation as june 16th 2011.
This the first and "only" notice that I have got,no photo or early notice has not hit my mailbox before this shocker.
I guess this is the new way of doing business so they can fill their coffer faster. this should be very interesting when I get tocall them tomorrow,so beware it doesn't happen to everyone on this board sooner or later.Ouch
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2011 at 11:16pm
This is called "The New Revenue Enhancement Program"
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2011 at 6:07am
Heard both ways on receiving a camera ticket. Heard you must pay it or else. Also heard that people who have receive the camera tickets have gotten away with not paying them due to a question of legality. Don't know which info. is correct.

Bags over the camera lenses ala what the residents in a town in Arizona did a few years back should do the trick.

Thought the idea (according to the police chief) was to enhance safety and not so much about revenue. Good one!
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2011 at 8:17am
You get ticketed, you get the option of a $100.00 fine by a certain due date (about 30 days out) or you can appeal. If you choose to ask for your day in court you have to pay a $100 deposit.

If you don't pay by that due date you owe $125. If you go much longer, it gets turned over to collections.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2011 at 12:58pm
Big Brother Facists Program looking out for you and your safety.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2011 at 1:16pm
I got a ticket from one of those camera's and fought it and won.I was making a right hand turn on verity and 14th ave. and ticket came back saying I ran light.Was told that that camera malfuntioned.Rightttttttt....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic