FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local Business Gone Out Of Town.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local Business Gone Out Of Town.
    Posted: Jul 21 2011 at 7:59pm

I heard from a friend that the city has been or was taking bids on adding security cameras to the Middletown cemetery. I am wondering why the company I work for was not contacted to bid this job? I have also been told that a company out of Indiana is leading the bids as the best priced company. It saddens me to know that an out of town company would get this bid over a company that has been here in Middletown and all of its employees live in this area for over 20 years. Let’s just keep sending our money to other states, that’s the best way to fix Middletown.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2011 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

I heard from a friend that the city has been or was taking bids on adding security cameras to the Middletown cemetery. I am wondering why the company I work for was not contacted to bid this job?

retribution [ˌrɛtrɪˈbjuːʃən] n

1. the act of punishing or taking vengeance for wrongdoing, sin, or injury
2. punishment or vengeance

Such things happen to those who have the courage to stand up to City Hall in search of the truth or exposing wrongdoing.
Keep up the good work!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2011 at 8:39pm
Still bidding, right? Still not too late to get that bid in Randy Lou! Contact Gilleland and tell her your bid is coming. Think the city made an honest mistake by overlooking your services here in town or was this done intentionally?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2011 at 11:07pm
Randy:
Follow the link below to be notified by the city of available contracts to bid on.

http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/bidview/default.aspx
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 6:38am
Randy who? Will need to wait till next week if you want to talk to the queen bee, on vaca.  You know this already Randy but be careful what you wish for. You get two layers of bureaucracy with that deal. And this is not a dig on those fine folks helping to solve some of problems at the cemetery.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 9:14am

I just received a call from Mitch Ballard a member of the cemetery board; according to Mr. Ballard I was given incorrect info. The Indiana company that has submitted a bid was bidding to do the tombstone repair. I will be meeting with Mr. Ballard on the 1st to submit a bid on this job.

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 9:21am
Mr. Ballard also explained that Camera security now was on the list of companys to be contacted for this bid.
Summerrain1957 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 9:24am
Randy I think you being a reporter  would get your facts straight before blogging false information on what is going on at the cemetery.  Maybe MUSA should talk to the real Middletown Cemetery Board members and not listen to Ms. Moon since she is not on the board...  just saying.....
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Summerrain1957 Summerrain1957 wrote:

Randy I think you being a reporter  would get your facts straight before blogging false information on what is going on at the cemetery.  Maybe MUSA should talk to the real Middletown Cemetery Board members and not listen to Ms. Moon since she is not on the board...  just saying.....

Well I am not sure who said I was a reporter, maybe you should get your facts straight before you give your opinion.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 9:38am
I can also say that I did not hear this info from Miss. Moon. So check your facts please.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 9:45am
Post%20Options Post Options   Quote randy Quote  Post%20ReplyReply New%20Post:%20Direct%20Link%20To%20This%20Post Posted: Today at 9:38am
I can also say that I did hear this info from Miss. Moon. So check your facts please.
It says right on the MUSA Webpage that you are a reporter geez..  And Vivian is not on the board .  She is  stirring trouble for those that are on the board and making it harder for them to get anything done..  She needs to let the board do what they were put in place for...

And like one of the board members told everyone on here at an earlier post.  The Board is not going to get things done overnight , the whole situation is a mess and it will take time.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Summerrain1957 Summerrain1957 wrote:

<TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" =tableBorder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =msgOddTableSide vAlign=top rowSpan=3></TD>
<TD =msgOddTableTop vAlign=top><SPAN style=": right"><SPAN id=posts28639 =posts ="showDropDown'posts28639', 'postMenu28639', 130, 0;">Post%20Options Post Options</SPAN>
<DIV id=postMenu28639 =dropDownMenu>

Quote randy
  Quote randy Quote  Post%20ReplyReply </SPAN>New%20Post:%20Direct%20Link%20To%20This%20Post Posted: Today at 9:38am</TD></TR>
<TR style="MIN-HEIGHT: 200px; HEIGHT: 200px" =msgOddTableRow>
<TD =msgLineDevider vAlign=top><!-- Start Member Post --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->
<DIV =msg>I can also say that I did hear this info from Miss. Moon. So check your facts please. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>It says right on the MUSA Webpage that you are a reporter geez..  And Vivian is not on the board .  She is  stirring trouble for those that are on the board and making it harder for them to get anything done..  She needs to let the board do what they were put in place for...

And like one of the board members told everyone on here at an earlier post.  The Board is not going to get things done overnight , the whole situation is a mess and it will take time.

Summerrain...not trying to stir the pot here (although I do like to do the best I can at that ). I thought Ms. Moon did a terrific job taking interest in the cemetery when no one else cared. She and her volunteers put all that time in beautifying the place, just to have the whole effort shoved back in their faces by Gilleland and other vindictive city people. Uncalled for/unprofessional and no way to treat people who only wanted to help ON THEIR DIME AND THEIR TIME IMO. No class move to remove the mulch and plants by the city. She has also made great efforts to document grave sites, bring the mausoleum/grave site conditions situation to the communities' attention. She didn't have to do all these things. If I would have been in Gilleland's position, I would have welcomed her efforts with open arms and encouraged all the volunteer help I could receive. Shouldn't we be appreciating her efforts rather than to villify her like the city seems to enjoy doing? To ask her to step aside now that a cemetery board has been assembled, when she could be used as a board resource would be wrong, wouldn't it? I don't understand the board's reasoning here as to isolating the very person who started the ball rolling on cemetery improvements. JMO
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 10:42am
good point, vet

summerrain--if Ms.Moon had not performed her prior years of work and documentation of the cemetary, in your opinion, what condition would you find that cemetary today?
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summerrain1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 11:59am
I agree to that Ms Moon did a great job in the cemetery however she is not working on the cemetery anylonger and if the board is to get things done she needs to stop slamming them and let them at least try to get something done.  I am sorry but She is not the only person that cares about this cemetery in this town.  I have family buried here too...  Thats all I am saying.  And I agree with you Spiderjohn that if she had not been in there that place would be one big weed field and a mess.  Sorry I got everyone's blood boiling.  Did not mean to do that so early in the morning :)..  IMO The past is the past let them move forward with their efforts.  What do ya think?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 1:54pm
I hear you, summerrain.
Ms.Moon is  having a hard time being distanced from something that she has worked so long and hard to maintain and improve. Understandable and human nature.

You, on the other hand, are someone in a new position for this property. You must find the combination of what is constructive, cost effective, common agreement AND approved by your bosses in the city building.

I have been there many times, and this somewhat reminds me of my thankless term with the former Downtown Partnership.

You are a convenience for the city, with no funds and very little authority.

Best of luck--and my sincere appreciation for trying to make a positive difference in our community(as a VOLUNTEER).

ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 2:34pm
No wonder they haven't let you post Randy, look what happens when you get on here LOL.  And the word "Facts" when dealing with the city is like the wind.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 4:02pm
I know I have been missed :) I am going to work on getting back into posting a few things. I like to start trouble Ground Swat have you not heard that about me. Ask Vet, I believe I have made him cry more than once....Big ol' Girl Big%20smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

I know I have been missed :) I am going to work on getting back into posting a few things. I like to start trouble Ground Swat have you not heard that about me. Ask Vet, I believe I have made him cry more than once....Big ol' Girl Big%20smile

Louuuu....good one on the cryin' shot. I like it! It is true. I do cry. It is on Sunday's when I watch the Bengals. Have you ever laughed so hard tears started rolling down your cheeks and you started to cry? It is from this laughter watching them imitate a pro football team that triggers the crying episodes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic