FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Council election update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2011 at 12:45pm

Because of a very serious illness in my family I have been spending a great amount of my time in hospitals lately. I will answer all questions as time permits. Hopefully this is only a temporary situation.

1. Realizing Middletown needs DECENT jobs in the worse way, what types of jobs would you propose and how would you work with the Econ. Dev. Dept. to attract those jobs?

Bringing jobs to Middletown should be our number one priority. I have said for years that we must be attractive to businesses and competitive with other areas. We are neither. How can we compete when we have the lowest performing schools, the worst streets, the most corrupt government, the least amenities (the pool was our last one) and some of the highest property taxes and income taxes of our competitors? Middletown could not keep the businesses we have had with the situation created by years incompetent and corrupt councils and city administration. To attract businesses to Middletown:

1. We must have a complete overhaul of the way business is done in the city building. Every employee of the city MUST be held to the highest standards and work to better Middletown.

2. We must spend money wisely and appropriately and stop robbing the citizens. That means repairing the streets and separating our combined sewers without robbing the citizens. Separating our combined sewers have been paid for by the citizens many times over, but the thieves in the city building can’t seem to find the money. Once they raise our water bills(illegally) and add street lighting, the city government will announce that they will put an additional $100 per month on every water bill to comply with EPA mandates. These are the same mandates that started as a ten year $75 million project back about forty years ago. At that time we started paying more for sewers than for water. That collection still goes on today. Also those mandates are the same ones the city used to put “storm water sewer charges” on our water bills several years ago. They are same mandate that they use to send out no-water water bills. But the money has all disappeared. Of course $9 million was “borrowed” from the sewer fund to put in the new water meters several years ago. But the city does not put money back in the fund if it is collected after one year. I never heard of paying back borrowed money but putting it in another slush fund. Also sewer fund money will be used to repair the bike path. Robbing citizens by forcing them to pay for curbs and gutters while the crooks in the city building steal about three million a year out of the Auto and Gas Fund will stop if you vote wisely. If you remember that every dime spent on our streets were grants of some type. The millions of dollars of our income tax that was to be used for infrastructure along with the $3 million Auto and Gas Fund just seem to disappear. But they couldn’t find $25,000 to open the pool or to maintain the Middletown cemetery (not only did they not maintain the cemetery they actually did damage years of hard work of volunteers. See the answer to question #2). Council ignoring their responsibilities and robbing the citizen blind will not attract new businesses and jobs!

2. (This also will answer your #2 question) We must hold city employees accountable for their actions. Instead of terminating certain city workers (causing us to buy out contracts, pay severance and fight the unions [rewarding failure]), if I get elected and with backing of a majority of council, I will take the lead in in holding hearings that will hold city employees personally financially accountable for their actions. Since the city has set up reimbursement at 2 ½ or 3 times and with as much corruption, I believe that we will be accepting resignations from the people causing us the most problems plus adding more money (or is that safety) to our coffers. Many other employees will be let go because if we spend our money as intended and stop the stealing, pilfering and misappropriation of funds, there won’t be money to pay people that are not needed.

3. We must have amenities such as well maintained parks, swimming pool and cemetery. Even if the pool loses money, that is why we pay taxes. It is called quality of life. So our incompetent leaders are not only removing the pool they are discussing getting rid of parks because they can’t afford to mow them. They have decided that mowing all of their newly created “green spaces” is more important than keeping up our parks and cemetery. Where do our tax dollars go if everything the city does has to be paid for by the citizens again? Have the citizens of Middletown had enough of this kind of leadership? Now is the time to stop the destruction and corruption.

4. No more taxes. Taxes should be cut instead of increased. The health levy should be soundly defeated. We have all read that one out of three foreclosures are people that can not pay their property taxes. We need no more foreclosures and no more taxes. By the way could anybody explain to me why when they inspected septic systems they sent out $40 invoices to the property owners? Wasn’t that their job? The attitude of every city employee, my six figure income is not enough. I’ll steal more from the citizens if I really do anything. The citizens are only considered a cash cow to the city employees.

We can not compete will West Chester Township that has property taxes about equal to ours but NO income tax. Out of their high property taxes they have some of the best schools in the state. Mason and Blue Ash have 1% income taxes and are overflowing with businesses and jobs. I said for years that we should copy these successful cities. But Middletown did copy Detroit (tear down everything) and Over-The -Rhine in Cincinnati (PAC art center). Now those are not places that I would want to copy.

This is just a start as my time is limited for now. I will post more of my positions as time permits.

Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 9:36am
Great thoughts Mr. Kidd. Sorry to hear about your family heath problems. Best luck on the election.

No more taxes....as a business owner, I say thank you.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 7:56pm

Here is the latest election update:

For mayor:

Paul Nagy has now filed the petitions pulled by Anonymous with the Board of Elections.

For the At-large seats (two to be elected):
Nick Kidd has now filed the petitions pulled by Anonymous No. 1 with the Board of Elections.

For the unexpired Ward One seat:

Mike Presta has received notice from the Board of Elections that the petitions he filed exceeded the required number of valid signatures!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
etmoore View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2011 at 1:55pm
Noticed Joseph H. Mulligan is running for an At-Large seat--any relation to Mayor Mulligan?  
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 10:02am
If it is the same Joe Mulligan, I think it is his brother.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic