FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2011 at 9:18am
29:

When did Mr. Bevis tell you this? I will bet again, you don't know the whole truth, just what JG tells you.

Jagster
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2011 at 11:06am
Looking forward to this wkend should be a good time. Quite alot of work going on several friends coming into town and Plan on jumping. Any specials going on this wkend?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 12:10am
From this week's City Manager's newsletter:

Start Skydiving

City and Start Skydiving representatives met Friday morning, 8/26/11, to discuss improvements at the airport.  Negotiations between the parties were amicable and centered on resolving remaining issues.  The City will continue meeting with Start Skydiving as needed to work through a win-win solution.   We will continue to update council as developments occur.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 4:08am
Speaking of the City Manager's newsletter:

Perhaps, at least one “artist” was practicing the ecdysiast’s art, if these photographs linked from the City Manager’s newsletter to Facebook, and from the PAC website, are representative.

PAC artist Emily Morgan Bales in her "Furkini"

Another shot of the artist, this one with some "notes" on her rib cage.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 5:04am
Great pictures this is one way to get some foot traffic into this TAXPAYERS investment.  For all that money could we have at least cleaned up the floors and thrown down a little base molding?  I know "Straving Artist"  I wonder if PAC did any advertising over at the airport to promote themselves, of course their will only be a couple of thousand people in town.  I'm sure the visitors center has this handled or the new dowtown czar. Win-win solutions would be doing your job like you were told a year and half ago.  Or calling have of the town to find out what to do will work also. I'm glad for the airport and will try to stop talking about this MESS but this just shows me how I'll be voting in Nov.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 6:38am
Bevis just trying to bail himself out of a financial jam. Will probably end up working for the crook himself as a reward for handing over FBO business.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 7:23am
Well any way you can make a buck with this "Business friendly" town is just par for the course.  Maybe the "crook" will have room for some of the council people who won't be in office and OK'ed this deal.  Please let me know were I can go this wkend in Middletown that will have the same venue even close to the airport's, please!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 9:42am
gs
The bottom line is the entire deal between Bevis and Hart has nothing to do with what is in the best interest of the airport or community.

It is driven by money (a bail out for Bevis) and another way for Hart to use the airport for his own best interest.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 10:16am
considering all of the poorly planned/poorly executed/very expensive municipal-to-private bailouts in this community over the last few years(mostly in the dead zones formerly known as downtown and the S Main hysterical district), this is a good situation--logical and somewhat minor. Problem is that the usual roster of good ole boys and their enablers PROBABLY aren't getting a cut out of this one.

How about a 3-5 year break from throwing more $$ in the former downtown area?
With no one honestly in charge any more, maybe time for Admin to bow out.
 Let the wealthy/successful property owners use theior own $$ and skills for future development.
City Admin could be re-acquainted with the rest of the city(which they supposedly serve), and deal with similar issues that have been ignored for decades.

Hey Mtown--what have you contributed to the community and the needy so far this year?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 4:13pm
Sj
Yes I did
Bought some cat food at Dillmans
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 6:23pm
While listening to the symphony music on TV middletown, I heard a commercial about PAC and it was about the 1st Friday at the Middletown Arts Center.  It stated "Come to 1st Friday in Middletown and visit over 100 artist in Middletown Art District" or something to that effect.  I didn't know we had a Middletown Art District yet or 100 Artists, but I guess we do according to the commercial.

PACMANCool
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 6:34pm
thanx mtown
much appreciated
slapped me into place
we all need that occasionally

perfect timing
was writing my next ad centered around pet food/treats
what kind do you use?
anyone else?

could I fix you up with a few needy cats?
have a super bunch that need homes
help me out here!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 8:51pm
Bottom line ..................... If these two gentleman offend anyone for "Lining their pockets" in this town take it up with the leadership that is suppose to have a handle on our local interest.  GDit  we all are still supporting this airport. If there are "unethical" actions taking place over at Fast tracks show the evidence and I'll be more than happy to step down to the podium and speak up, have done it before. What a catch 22 when using the word unethical in this town, LOL.  If best interest means tax revenues and several hundred people staying over in this town for the wkend lets hope Labor day happens every wk.  I'll be quite interested going down to see all 100 artist at the PAC , If I see Mr. Verdin I'll make sure to thank him for allowing us to come in for one Friday. What a great return on MY money.  Pacman have now asked  three more people for a count of true VENDORS who are paying sales tax at PAC and still can't get an answer, of course it's hard when they are laughing.  Sorry SJ one cat is to many for me.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 4:12am

Mr. Spiderjohn:

The "fur-kini" lady appears to be lacking in adequate material for some of her artistic creations.  Perhaps she would be receptive to your offer of free cats.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 6:27am
Bottom line =
Bevis in financial trouble puts together buy out of his contract with City to a convicted felon.
Bevis should quit lying about having the city or airport interest at heart.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 9:10am
Ok
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 4:02pm
I understand that PAC is having a performance of a portion of The Beauty and The Beast tonight and that is being performed by the Performing Arts Center (a Children's theater group).  Having seen the performance recently (or make that heard it) that may account for 30 or 40 of the artist the PAC is talking about.
PACMANCool

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 8:02pm
Good point Pac - Pac has welcomed  this group with open arms in the past. And it was a hit with Ashworths B-day, had the whole joint Rockn.  The Beauty and The Beast was a hit although you HAD to drive to Monroe to see it.  The folks out at Monroe High are awesome but it does cost the PA some cash.  Lets hope all went well downtown, i'm sure we'll all read about in the journal. 
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 8:32pm
PAC was bustling tonight for 1st Friday also. 
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2011 at 4:56pm
Free food, free wine lots of sitting and talking.  Did anyone buy something or put money down for future pickup?
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2011 at 12:13am
This is great news.

Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

From this week's City Manager's newsletter:<blockquote style="margin-right: 0px;" dir="ltr">
<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Mso"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style='font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman";'>Start Skydiving<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></span>

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; line-height: 115%;" ="Mso"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman";'>City
and Start Skydiving representatives met Friday morning, 8/26/11, to discuss
improvements at the airport. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>Negotiations between the parties were amicable
and centered on resolving remaining issues.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> 
</span>The City will continue meeting with Start Skydiving as needed to work
through a win-win solution. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>We will
continue to update council as developments occur.<o:p></o:p></span>

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2011 at 12:43am
Not as big of crowd like last year but we didn't have 98degree temps.either.  Great food, great fireworks and most importantly(at least for me wanting this airport to support itself) people spending money.  Didn't see any box wine at this event.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2011 at 3:30pm
hey swat--didn't make it to the airport(wasn't invited), but wife and I made it to our first first Friday at PAC(come 2 think about it-wasn't invited there either). From many looks, my popularity with the city powers and shakers in that area may be at an all-time low.

Well-attended by a lot of locals--as you mentioned a lot of grazing and wine-sipping on the house and artists. Had a nice time talking with locals, and actually dropped some cash at the most excellent soap shop. Didn't see any other purchase bags sadly. Maybe more of a social event than a business event.

Place looks good--getting better.
Pretty much sos as far as merchandise. If you find what you want or need, good for you!
Went by Sat.morning, but no action and the place looked to be locked up.

Had a most excellent taste outside of Beau Verre from the new in-town Caribbean restaurant, which is run by some of my favorite authentic locals. Try their fruit punch when you make it to the location. A very clean venue.

PAC--like the rest of that area, is going to be a long-term project to regularly draw people down there.
Not much shakin'
Met the head lady there--a former local--very nice and wish her the best

FREE draws down there--little else
Alligator arms when it is time to dig into the purse or back pocket
Someday maybe--though not waitng on the arts, train or any school
All of the action is still at Buck's saloon/fine dining
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2011 at 4:34pm
SJ, I know of at least a few other purchases that were made at First Friday. Are they huge $$ amounts? Probably not but there was some activity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic