FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISSUE 2--VOTE YES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VoteYesIusse2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISSUE 2--VOTE YES
    Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 10:13am
Vote Yes on Issue 2?   YES!!!
First off, just know that if you have a felony conviction you can still vote.
Police officers and firefighters claim to be protecting the public and that the public will lose if Senate Bill 5 is not repealed.
Really?

Let’s start with some recent news that was released to the public:

EDITED DUE TO VAGUE UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 12:37pm
You have discussed the credibility of some police officers here. I will vote yes on this because the union folks need to start being evaluated on the merit-what have you done for the city this year- system rather than being given raises 2-3 years in advance. Also need the union folks to start paying their fair share of their benefits premiums like we have been doing for years. Need to have them contribute more, and the rest of us less, to their retirement also. Not enough of a financial effort made by them toward their bennies and too much effort made by us non-union workers toward their upkeep. Needs to stop. Been going on for decades. Can't strike with this bill, but then we non-union folks have never had that option. Non-union companies say if you don't like it here, get out. Plain and simple. Still have collective bargaining rights. The ground rules have changed though. The "just vote no" people are union folks and their followers. Just trying to protect their little world and it's perks of protection, less contributions, more pay and tenure. I can see their point but I'm tired of them having it better than most of us non-union working people, especially since we are paying the tab. JMO
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 1:27pm
I say YES as well.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 3:54pm
You sound like a disgruntled criminal.  Encouraging felons to vote?  Relying on a website that solicits comments from the public, many of whom have been arrested?  While Issue 2 may be valid, your endorsement means nothing.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:27pm
What is wrong with encouraging felons to vote? They are still afforded that opportunity even though it is a common belief that they do not.

Who said many of the people on this site or I have ever been arrested?

What I am though is tired of police officers and fire fighters acting like they are holier than thou when they are just as bad as the criminal. And then their buddies looking the other way.

Then asking/demanding us to support them in their efforts to make more money.

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:29pm
Bill- you sound like a local cop pissed off about me telling their dirty little secrets
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:34pm
What was vague and Unsubstantiated?   Those were from articles out of the paper and comments made from people (Website included).
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:35pm
I will be voting yes on issue 2, but not for any of the reasons you claim which have really zero influence on the matter. I believe there are corrupt cops and bad firefighters, but certainly not all of them and certainly not the majority of them. The majority of them are very good civil servants.

Now, do they expect too much in the way of benefits and compensation? Yes, I think so. I think some officers deserve more pay for their excellent service while others probably should never receive a raise above standard cost-of-living increases. But this is the same as with any business industry. People in every industry I know expect things from their employers, the difference is without a union they only get what they earn and deserve and not what they are entitled to.

No one in the country is entitled to anything, in my opinion, except the opportunity to make a good life for themselves. The tax payers have been paying for too much for the benefits received by civil servants. It is time to take that control back and make them pay their fair share. That is why I will be voting yes; not because "cops are bad".
alldaywatching View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alldaywatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Bill Bill wrote:

You sound like a disgruntled criminal.  Encouraging felons to vote?  Relying on a website that solicits comments from the public, many of whom have been arrested?  While Issue 2 may be valid, your endorsement means nothing.

Bill, I have a felony, I also work everyday and pay my taxes. Should I not be able to vote on issues that effect me just as much as you?
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:38pm
VoteYesIusse2:

First off, you misspelled your own username which makes you look unintelligent. Secondly, if those were quotes "out of the paper" then you should have indicated that and posted links to these quotes. You can't just say they are quote if someone can't find the original. Lastly, I checked out your "RateMyCop.com" website and couldn't find any of the quotes one it. Granted, even if I had that doesn't make them true. People can post whatever they want on the internet without merit.

If I said right now, "VoteYesIusse2 is a homosexual who was arrested last year for having sex with a man in public" then someone quotes it on another website, does that make it true? If so... what the sex worth it?
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:39pm
Headline: Public should know why cops have quit

link: http://www.journal-news.com/opinion/editorials/public-should-know-why-cops-have-quit--1007296.html

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:42pm
http://ratemycop.com/index.php?st=OH&dept=6427
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:48pm
The first link you posted is to an editorial with no author... that could mean you wrote for all we know. That's worthless.

The second link is valid, you're correct. Not sure why they removed it, except that again it is a lot of slanderous comments without documentation to back them up. There is no proof that Cunningham did any of things in the comment, therefore it is slander. That is illegal.

Your second link also proves my point. There are only 7 negative offers on this site out of how many? 80 something? Clearly this isn't some epidemic of bad cops even if all the comments out there were true.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:49pm
Never said all cops were bad. I know of several that are quite good. And I have seen some of them go through a drive thru order food and if it wasn't free, drive off. Walk in to convenient stores grab and 3 or 4 drinks and walk out.
you can say I was busted for gay sex all you want. Why is that crime? I see male and females making out all the time.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:50pm
http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/detective-indicted-on-felony-charges-1268632.html

This one had been in the paper the last couple of days--real hard to find.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 4:55pm
It is an editorial from our esteemed Cox News. Maybe I did write it, maybe I didn't.

The union and their co-workers support these "few" officers- why should I/we think they are so innocent? Maybe the others just haven't been caught
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 7:47am
Originally posted by VoteYesIusse2 VoteYesIusse2 wrote:

Bill- you sound like a local cop pissed off about me telling their dirty little secrets

LOL
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by justwatching justwatching wrote:

VoteYesIusse2:

First off, you misspelled your own username which makes you look unintelligent. Secondly, if those were quotes "out of the paper" then you should have indicated that and posted links to these quotes. You can't just say they are quote if someone can't find the original. Lastly, I checked out your "RateMyCop.com" website and couldn't find any of the quotes one it. Granted, even if I had that doesn't make them true. People can post whatever they want on the internet without merit.

If I said right now, "VoteYesIusse2 is a homosexual who was arrested last year for having sex with a man in public" then someone quotes it on another website, does that make it true? If so... what the sex worth it?
First off you say I look like an idiot for misspelling my name, how do you look for saying "what the sex" instead of "was the"

And since you bring up the idea of being arrested for public sex, I know of a current Middletown FF and his at the time girlfriend (now his wife) an ER tech were busted a couple of times having "relations" down by the river.

I am also aware of a Middletown police officer that has been caught in his car with a couple of different women in the field off of Greentree rd and Cincinnati-Dayton.

I guess you only get arrested if you are you gay or not  a cop
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 8:39pm
Uh hey, obviously you haven't done your homework. Middletown Police is known for firing AND charging bad cops. They charged within the last few years a cop who lied about his time cards, they charged a cop who was sweet talking an underage gal, they charged an employee who was embezzling money. They also just fired one recently for being incompetent. Sounds like to me they police their own and go after their bad eggs. And there are several others who they have suspended and fired but a court gave them their job back.

So before you go all rogue cop do your homework instead of looking on ratemycop.com lol. Anyone can put something on that site
AK - What is going on with that?
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 8:40pm
Looks like west Chester didn't cover this mess up and d the right thing. What's wrong with that?
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VoteYesIusse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 10:15am
Originally posted by AKBobby AKBobby wrote:

Uh hey, obviously you haven't done your homework. Middletown Police is known for firing AND charging bad cops. They charged within the last few years a cop who lied about his time cards, they charged a cop who was sweet talking an underage gal, they charged an employee who was embezzling money. They also just fired one recently for being incompetent. Sounds like to me they police their own and go after their bad eggs. And there are several others who they have suspended and fired but a court gave them their job back.

So before you go all rogue cop do your homework instead of looking on ratemycop.com lol. Anyone can put something on that site

This just isn't about the Middletown Police Force, it is all about all police departments and how those that should no longer be officers are allowed to resign and get a job else where when the should lose the right to be an officer.
Sure West Chester is "investigating" this officer. He is Paid Administrative leave. That is what is wrong. He is getting paid. Will he be fired, we will have to wait and see.

The Officer you speak refer to that was charged with embezzlement, I assume you are referring was the DARE officer. Last I heard he was working at a PD in Georgia. Yep, steal from DARE and he can continue being an officer..makes sense. But that was many years ago and I haven't heard anything in a while. Maybe he has been arrested by now.

There have been a couple officers talking to the younger girls. One was fired, one came to light after his antics got a man killed when officers were responding to his fight across town. Wasn't a mistrialed called when he talking to the court reporter?? Did that ever go back to trial???

AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 7:13pm
The former DARE officer is apparently in federal prison and not police officer anywhere. He went to another state and falsified his info. The officer who was hitting on the young girl was convicted or plead to charges. He didn't get off free.

I think the paid admin leave is standard until he's proven guilty. Should a guy here at AK Steel lose his job or be put on unpaid leave if he ot a DUI and was waiting trial? Police officers are employees. They have employee rights also. Why shouldn't they? If he's found guilty then get rid of him.

The officer you are referring to the night the man leaving the bar was struck by police was not talking to underage girls. They were in a bar and were adults.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic