FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Atrium Medical Center

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atrium Medical Center
    Posted: Jun 13 2008 at 3:33pm
Recently I had an experience that took me to the new Atrium Medical Center.  While I only saw the new facility from inside the emergency room. I can honestly say that the new facility really outranks the old one by a mile.  Instead of waiting in curtained cubicles there are individual rooms in  the emergency area.  You are afforded privacy and comfort for your concerned family.  The staff was efficient and took care of me with prompt care and a professionalism that put my fears to rest quickly.  I could not have asked for faster or more informed nurses and doctors.  I was truly impressed even while not in the best of health at the time.  While I hope people won't need to use the new facilities, at least this will let them know how nice everything is at the new Atrium Medical Center.
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2008 at 4:02pm

I know someone who made a trip to their ER the other week after a car fell on his leg, and had to wait hours to have the dirty wound cleaned. There was no doctor to look at him, so they did nothing but give him pain meds. I'm under the impression of same crap, different butt... to put it nicely.

John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2008 at 5:53pm
I hear once you get admitted, the service is impressive. Its just that slow emergency room blues that get most people down.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2008 at 5:59pm
Atrium Medical Center (Atrium) is a brand-new 250-bed hospital in Warren County, a quarter mile east of Interstate 75 at State Route 122.

Atrium brings 90 years of experience to its new facility and offers family-centered care and advanced technology supporting a full range of services including cardiac care, sports medicine and physical therapy, women’s health care, and more.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2008 at 6:00pm

Atrium Medical Center Welcomes New Physicians

Middletown, Ohio – Thomas Firor, MD, and Ryan Zollett, DO, recently joined the medical staff at Atrium Medical Center. As part of the medical staff, doctors are able to admit and/or treat patients in need of hospitalization, comprehensive diagnostic testing or surgery. There are more than 300 doctors currently affiliated as members of the Atrium Medical Center Medical Staff.

Dr. Firor is board certified in internal medicine and specializes in integrative medicine and complementary and alternative medicine. He is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati and completed a residency in internal medicine at Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati. Dr. Firor has a particular interest in holistic medicine and provides an integrative team of practitioners using acupuncture, healing touch, Reiki, massage therapy, nutritional medicine and homeopathy medicine. Dr. Firor sees patients at Ohio Integrative Medicine, 4222 Grand Avenue, Middletown. To make an appointment, call (513) 425-7402.

Dr. Zollett is a graduate of Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine and anesthesia/pain management at the University of Cincinnati University Hospital. Dr. Zollett has completed research and authored a paper on diabetic burn patients. He returns to his hometown to practice medicine. He graduated from Middletown High School in 1993. Dr. Zollett’s services for pain management can be accessed at Atrium Medical Center’s anesthesia group. For more information, contact the hospital at (513) 424-2111.

Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2008 at 3:58pm
Thankfully I have not had the need to use this facility as of yet. :)
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2008 at 5:24pm
One thing to follow up on my experience with Atrium.  Their billing department is not the best.  We have been trying to get our bills taken care of since June! I am fully covered by BC/BS and they still haven't gotten it straightened out.  Very frustrating.   
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 9:26am

About 15 years ago my wife and I were at what was then the Middletown Hospital and a Dr. told us my wife was pregnant. Not having any kids at the time we were thrilled. However within 10 minutes they sent a little girl to chase us down in the hallway to tell us they had the wrong patient file and the pregnancy result was for another couple.

And that’s just one of many such stories I remember about the place. SO... as far as I am concerned a new bldg does not make the staff any better.

Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 12:16pm
That is a horrible story .308
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2008 at 7:40am
Having used Middeltown Hospital several times, the latest being my wife who used the ER and then was admitted, our experience was great from the ER to being dismissed at Atrium. 

Now as far as the old hospital goes when you walk in having a heart attack and get to walk out under your own power and go home....well you get the picture, they saved my ass.  From The ER Dept. to the Nurses on the floor everyone was great.  Hard to complain when they save your life and you are still kicking.

We should all be grateful that we still have a Hospital in town and that the MFD does not have to drive you all the way to Dayton or aother hospital everytime they make a run....then you would really have a reason to complain.
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2008 at 9:43am
Just to claify - I wasn't complaining about the nurses, doctors, emergency facilities, or the building, just their billing department.
The Resident View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2008 at 2:27pm

I know more about the Atrium than I care to admit.  Here it is in a nutshell.  Very beautiful, Nice rooms, friendly staff, but people die there.

HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 1:00pm
People also get well there!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 2:18pm
I believe it is the most modern hospital in the area. Excellent health care for all Middletown residents.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic