FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2-7-2012 workbook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2-7-2012 workbook
    Posted: Feb 06 2012 at 5:59am

I have made my usual review of the workbook for Tuesday night’s City Council meeting, and I have decided to limit my comments to some personal opinions about “respect”.  I guess more properly, I should say DIS-respect.  Make that disrespect for the citizens of Middletown by various City officials:

Case I

I’m sure that you all recall the passage of the MIDDLETOWN Library Tax levy!!!  If you read the Minutes of the Library Board meeting in this week’s workbook, you will find that the Library Board is thanking the citizens of Middletown for their financial support by removing the word “Middletown” from their name!!!  It will soon, and forever henceforth, be known as the “MidPointe Library System”!!!  (Kind of reminds you of the way MIDDLETOWN Regional Hospital thanked us Middletonians for our $5 million, doesn’t it??)  Oh well, at least it’ll have that artsy, olde tyme “e” at the end of “MidPoint” to help it fit into our historic downtowne Middletowne.

Case II

Every time we mention illegal City Council meetings, they call us “crazy”, or “conspiracy theorists”, don’t they.  Yet I maintain that if you listen very closely, you can catch references to meetings were they discussed things that you just cannot recall.

Well, read the minutes of the Tree Commission meeting in this week’s workbook and you will find the following:

“Dave Duritsch discussed combining Tree Commission and Park Board. … He stated the thought process had been to recombine the two boards to help deal with fewer city staff and it had been discussed with City Council and they had approved. Council had further stated that they didn’t want anyone removed from boards until they had served their full term so both boards will stay intact until terms are served, perhaps having joint meetings on occasion.”

Now I’ve watched every City Council meeting for years (most of them more than once) but I can’t recall this ever having been discussed at a public City Council meeting!!!  Further, I’ll give a shiny new dime to the first one who can link the exact BlipTV program were it can be found!!!  I wonder if any Council member will attempt to deny this Tuesday night before accepting these minutes into the official City Council record???  And what will that paragon of legal scruples, Law Director Landen, have to say about the matter???

Case III

City Council appears ready to hear the second readings and to vote upon Ordinances O2012-05 and O2012-06 (Title I and CDBG amended plans) Tuesday night.  Nothing odd about that, is there???  Well, nothing except it shows how little respect they have for the citizenry, or our input.  You see, Tuesday is February 7, and the PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD does not end until February 16, NINE DAYS AFTER this vote is scheduled!!!  This shows you how little they care what the public has to say!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Jack Black View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2012 at 10:42am
Mr. Presta -

Since Judy G. dumped the former citizen participation process about three years ago, there's little opportunity for Middletonians to have a "meaningful" say regarding Mr. Adkins usage of millions in HUD funds.  After all, the bureaucrats at City Hall always know what is best for us.  NOT!!

JB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic