FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Taste Of Memphis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Taste Of Memphis
    Posted: Jun 21 2008 at 7:39am
I tried the "St. Louis style" ribs from A Taste Of Memphis Wednesday evening, and they were the best I've ever had in Ohio!  So good, in fact, that I picked up several more racks for a small get-together at our home Friday evening.

For those who may not know, "A Taste Of Memphis" is carry-out only, and is located at the corner of Nelbar and University, next to the Marsh Supermarket.

Thumbs%20Up
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2008 at 9:48am

Thanks for the heads up - Will be certain to try this one. - How long have then been in business?

.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2008 at 9:56am

It would be nice to see a business do well there.

And just to clarify, I think you mean the corner of University and Shafor, correct?

(as opposed to the other side of University by Dominos that should be the Nelbar corner)
admin View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2008 at 10:39am
Wasn't there a chicken wing place there once before?
admin View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2008 at 3:46pm
Yea, is it the place that was ran by Scott Middleton?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2008 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by HereIam HereIam wrote:

Thanks for the heads up - Will be certain to try this one. - How long have then been in business?

This place just opened last week.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2008 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by .308 .308 wrote:

It would be nice to see a business do well there.

And just to clarify, I think you mean the corner of University and Shafor, correct?

(as opposed to the other side of University by Dominos that should be the Nelbar corner)
Yes, you are correct!  The name of the street does change from Shafor to Nelbar as it crosses University Blvd.

Thank you for keeping me accurate!  Thumbs%20Up
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2008 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

Wasn't there a chicken wing place there once before?

Many years ago, both the drive-thru side and the chicken wing side were run by the late Mike Wilson, I believe.
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2008 at 5:07pm
Thanks for the head's up - I'll have to try it. 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2008 at 3:31pm

I have been aware this crew on and off for quite a while, doing their special event cooking. Am glad to see them finally open. Tried the beef brisket and pulled pork last night. My wife was very impressed, while I knew it would be good. The sauces were also very pleasant--not overpowering or too hot.

I wish them all the best.
NEVER take this outfit, Schiavone/crew's new place, the new wine bistro, Stefano's,Meadows and Java Johnny's for granted. We are very lucky to have them all here. Plus these locals have demonstrated their faith in the local community at a time when the outside chains are closing and avoiding Middletown like the plague.

Anyone see the latest carbon emissions report?
Out of the top 100 largest metropolitan areas, the Cincinnati/Middletown area was ranked very poorly at 98th, with 3.281 tons of carbon emitted per person. Only Indianapolis(3.364) and Lexington/Fayette Co.Ky.(3.455) were worse. Honolulu was tops with 1.356, followed by Los Angeles/Long Beach/Santa Ana at 1.413.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 1:03pm
I stopped by and met with Gary and Carl. They were both working hard and didn't have much time to chat. I could see why, the food was excellent. I had the Beef Brisket and baked beans. I will be stopping by often. Great work guys!

Here is the menu:

A Taste of Memphis Menu

Gary and Carl, Proprietors
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 1:37pm
John Beagle

Middletown USA

MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 1:39pm
See the entire photostream: A Taste of Memphis Photos
John Beagle

Middletown USA

arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 3:46pm
Nice pictures. But the sandwich looked a lot better in person and for the money it looks like you get about 4 times the meat as you would get from any sub shop.
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Mogwa View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 3:53pm
Looks like a great place, will definitely have to give it a visit sometime this weekend.
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 3:54pm
I did not even know this place was there, I love BBQ, I will have to definately give this a try.
JessKee View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 4:21pm

Glad to see a new place to eat in middletown. I will have to check it out.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2008 at 8:58am
Quality food and quality local ownership.
imo the best bbq in Middletown
Best of luck to everyone involved!
DarcyM View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarcyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2008 at 10:22am

Funny, my neighbors had ribs from there for dinner last night… they wouldn’t share…

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2008 at 2:28pm
Maybe we should have them cater the Christmas party for our Middletown Based Company.

Celebrate good times with A Taste of Memphis.

Elvis would be first in line.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 2:07pm
Jonathan, good idea. We will have them cater one of our at work lunches.

Very good eats!
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic