FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eat Less Fish from the Great Miami

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eat Less Fish from the Great Miami
    Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 11:44am
The river section downstream of Indian Lake to Lowhead Dam at Monument Avenue in Dayton - one meal per month for common carp, a channel catfish and flathead catfish advisory is due to PCBs; and an advisory for largemouth bass, saugeye, smallmouth bass and white bass is due to mercury.

The river section from the Lowhead Dam at Monument Avenue in Dayton to State Route 73 near Middletown - do not eat for all suckers due to PCBs; one meal per month for flathead catfish due to mercury and PCBs; common carp and channel catfish are affected by only PCBs; and largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, white bass and saugeye are affected by mercury.

The river section from State Route 73 near Middletown to Harrison Pike in Miamitown - a do not eat advisory remains in place for all suckers due to PCBs; one meal every two months Is advised for hybrid striped bass due to PCBs and lead; one meal per month for flathead catfish due to mercury and PCBs; one meal per month for channel catfish, common carp, freshwater drum, and smallmouth buffalo due to PCBs; and one meal per month for largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, white bass and saugeye due to mercury.

Area from Harrison Pike in Miamitown to the Ohio River - a do not eat advisory remains in place for all suckers due to PCBs; one meal every two months for hybrid striped bass due to PCBs and lead; one meal per month for flathead catfish due to mercury and PCBs; one meal per month for channel catfish, common carp, freshwater drum and smallmouth buffalo due to PCBs; and one meal per month for largemouth bass 15” and over, saugeye and white bass due to mercury.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2012 at 1:43pm
I'm quite sure I would never eat ANY fish from the Great Miami.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2012 at 6:33pm
I wouldn't either! I wouldn't want to even put my bare feet into any stream/river water.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2012 at 7:32pm
Hate to say it but Ive eaten many catfish from that river back in the day lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic