FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home price drops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home price drops
    Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 5:12am

Home price drops in region among worst in nation

By Chelsey Levingston, Staff Writer Updated 9:29 PM Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Home prices in the region were among the worst declines in the nation over the past four months, a sign of a not-fully recovered local housing market, according to a new report released.
    The Cincinnati-Middletown metro area, which saw an index of home prices decline 1.3 percent, joined other
Ohio metros as some of the lowest performing markets in the U.S.
, including Columbus and Cleveland, which both saw prices decline 3 percent, according to Clear Capital’s quarterly Home Data Index of existing single-family home and condo sales.

Hamilton, Middletown
and the rest of the local region have home prices that may not yet have reached bottom, Villacorta said.
    “What you see in a change of prices is actually a change in market forces instead of a shift in buyer demand,” he said. “(The region) ...has had more of a slower ride down.”
    The real estate assessment firm compared sales from December through March to sales during the prior three months. Clear Capital said the company used a longer time period for the latest report to get a broader view of the market.
    One factor at play in the regions’s recent decline in home prices is an increasing amount of lender-involved sales, Villacorta said. In the last four months analyzed by Clear Capital, the proportion of foreclosed homes sold was 26.8 percent in the region, compared to 31 percent a year ago. Sales of bank-owned properties tend to drive home prices down. After dropping, foreclosure sales in the region have increased during the last six months, Villacorta said.
    “We’re actually seeing that rate increase. That’s the telltale sign of when there’s significant downward pressure on home sales,” he said.
    For the rest of the year, home prices in the local area are expected to drop 2.4 percent, according to a Clear Capital forecast.
    In the entire
Midwest, prices are expected to rise 0.7 percent — the weakest growth of four U.S. regions. The Midwest
saw since December the biggest increase in sales of bank repossessions of the Northeast, South and Western parts of the country. Nationwide, prices are expected to rise 1.2 percent in 2012, Clear Capital said.
    Local Realtors say some pockets of
Cincinnati-Middletown, Ohio
’s second largest metro, might be doing better than others.
    “My sense, based off what I’ve closed already this year, I feel that we’ve already hit pretty much bottom. But the turnaround’s going to take a long time,” said Matt Riley, executive vice president of sales for Sibcy Cline and a real estate agent of properties in
Butler
and Hamilton counties.
    “People are still looking at what oil’s doing and what jobs are doing and jobs is driving the market right now,” Riley said.
    Tim Chupka, manager of Sibcy Cline’s Middletown/Monroe office, agrees prices in their sales area of
Butler
, Warren and Preble counties have bottomed out. The housing market recovery depends on the economy, including foreclosures, and lending, Chupka said.
    “I don’t think they’re (prices) going down really any further. Part of is we’re on the cusp of
Dayton and Cincinnati
,” he said.
    Home prices have leveled off in
Butler County
, said Brian Marischen, broker/owner of Realty First of Hamilton.
    “It’s hard to compare a fourth quarter of last to year to the first quarter of this year,” Marischen said. “I do believe we’ve seen the bottom. I think more sellers are realistic about what their homes should sell for where in the past, sellers haven’t wanted to give their house away in their mind.”
Contact this reporter at (513) 705-2551 or clevingston@coxohio.com.

onlynewsky View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlynewsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2012 at 8:51pm
??? The trend plan of your Moncler Jackets far more contributes to retain from cold air.The retain warm and trendy types shall present you with extra surprise.You merit to have a single within this chilly season. Moncler Bulgarie Doudoune Shiny Noir attributes 100% Water-repellent polyamide,sheeny bubble-like outward texture,concealed zip closure and exerted button closure and Moncler Emblem in addition French national flag kind on retired higher arm. These Moncler Jackets Mens shall become to you favored design apparel.You can hyperlink our on the internet shop http://www.doudounepromos Moncler Jackets.com/ to selection you prefer.We shall provide you more christian louboutin men price reduction Moncler and ideal assistance. These days the advertisings are extremely significant for each brand. An effective marketing is which means the commodity shall be very easy to achievement. Moncler is a superb illustration.Do you have an grand of designer Moncler Jackets? Moncler Bulgarie Doudoune Noir features higher white goose down, lower zip pockets at waistline,elastic belt sleeve cuffs with snap button closure,rib knit waistband within,which comes with signature emblem patch at arm pocket. The colourful Xmas is coming,so your heart can��t bridle of happiness and fun .Within this romantic time,no matter whether you wish to produce elegant and handsome,Moncler Jackets men may be the neccessary in the closet,so greet to http://www.doudounepromos.com on-line shop. More handsome MONCLER Bady red jacket and bustling Moncler Vests Men ended up illustrate out on our keep.Be sure to you movement to go to us.This time I want to allocation the stylish christian louboutin wedding shoes and homely Moncler apparel,which shall become to you beloved. Moncler Down Vests Males Hooded Red could be the latest democratic, special type and very stylish.When you finally received it,you shall find that it benefit paid out. Appear on and go to us.You invariably could identify what you want. You have to recognized the Moncler includes a track record for its homely fraying and extreme warmth.At this moment you'll be able to backlink our store http://www.doudounepromos.com/ Christian Louboutin Boots to pick you need,we shall give you good quality and inexpensive Moncler. Moncler Vest Females can be found in in contrast to variations plus more new designs need to you show up at us.The program of Moncler Clothes are modern and cozy.You shall extra character and very hot as soon when you have on. Moncler Most recent vogue Doudoune Rouge attributes 100% goose down,distinction zippers, buttons and cuffs,slash button pockets at waist,ribbed sleeve cuffs and waistband. These designer Moncler Vest shall deliver you elegant temperament and good temper each and every.On our retailer http://www.doudounepromos.com/,far more reduction Moncler on sale,we shall present you superior quality and affordable cost Moncler goods. The Moncler Jackets Men collection is bulk democratic via Moncler Outfits.In christian louboutin discount this winter you merit to possess 1,this style��s designer Moncler outfits are one of the better jacket to very own. Moncler Mens Grid Jackets Grey Red may be the latest democratic, unique type and really modern. Once you obtained it, you shall locate that it value paid out.Occur on and show up at us.You invariably could locate what you wish. Why a lot more and much more peopel are insane?On account of the Moncler is majority legendary model inside the jacket market,which the trendy and identity aspects glamour.You'll christian louboutin discount be able to command on reasonably priced Moncler Moncler Coats store http://www.doudounepromos.com/. The fashionable and stylish Moncler clothing are prepared of your high quality and vintage design style.A lot more and more citizens are go with the manner development from Moncler Jackets Guys. Moncler Himalaya Doudoune Marron will be the the latest democratic, one of a kind type and really modern. As soon as you attained it, you shall find that it value paid out.Come on and attend us.You invariably could identify what you wish. In order to have 1,please hyperlink our designer Moncler on-line keep http://www.monclersalesoutlets.com http://www.doudounepromos.com/ Moncler guys vest.We shall offer you additional handsome and types cheap Moncler clothing.Welcome to relish the buying satisfaction on our store.
123 newsky
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2012 at 12:10am

Property valus has dropped 8% in Middletown yet I received a bill for the same amount that I paid last year. Would someone explain to me if my home value has dropped this much,how can my property value be the same,doesn't the two relate? Duh

lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by tomahawk35 tomahawk35 wrote:

Property valus has dropped 8% in Middletown yet I received a bill for the same amount that I paid last year. Would someone explain to me if my home value has dropped this much,how can my property value be the same,doesn't the two relate? Duh

A old guy i know bought a house that was last sold in 2006 for 75k and then foreclosed on. He bought it for only 7k. He is now fighting with the county who STILL want him to pay taxes on 65K.

How can a county appraiser's opinion trump actually selling price? Boy, things are screwed up!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic