FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broad Street Bash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tim Lewis View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broad Street Bash
    Posted: Jun 01 2012 at 5:17pm
The 1st Broad Street Bash of 2012 was a huge success. Weather was perfect and that showed in the attendance. Local bands The XToads and Rick House were awesome!! This event also shows what social media is capable of. Face Book and word of mouth brings them in.
Thanks again to all the volunteers, sponsors, and fans. Middletonians should be proud!
Tim Lewis
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2012 at 5:48pm
It was a great time. Here is some video I shot.

The Rick House Band is from Monroe, Ohio and features Rick House on Guitar, John House on Bass, Martin Hayes on Drums, Dave King on Vocals and Bob Kennedy on Keyboards.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2012 at 11:56pm
I was unable to attend "The Bash" this past Wednesday, but I understand that the crowd was very large, and sales of food and refreshments were extremely brisk.

Kudos to Tim and the numerous other volunteers who put this together for the real Middletonians every summer!!!  Clap Clap Clap
Thumbs%20Up Thumbs%20Up
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 5:15pm
My son informed me today that Hamilton is having a corn hole tournament with 300 teams registered that will be happening in about three weeks. Chance to win 20 grand and the entry fee is $60 per person on a team of four. His business will be selling food at the event and plan on having over 2 grand in sales for the weekend. Middletown is a "corn hole" kind of town isn't it? Wonder if Mr. Lewis could put together something like this along with his Wed. Bash Night?? Could block off Central, maybe part of Broad and line the boards up down the streets. If Hamilton can do it, why not offer something different like this for Middletown?

More info is located on the City of Hamilton- City News site.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 12:32am
Are these guys playing on the venue this summer?

http://youtu.be/GHq87F2fS-s

http://youtu.be/ptEF4Oi4Uk0
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Tim Lewis View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 8:40am
V V I heard about that tournament in Hamilton. Great Idea. I know the Balloon Challenge tried that on a much smaller scale a couple of years ago. Cincinnati does it every year on Fountain Sg. Why doesn't Mid Fest do that as part of their festivities?
Acclaro, I wish!  If you are an Allman Brothers fan then def. come out the last show and see the Swamp Bees. they do about 1/2 hour of their music and they are very good. 
Tim Lewis
Tim Lewis View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 8:19am
Broad Street Bash tonight!! Vinyl Junkies at 5:30, Inspector 12 at 7:30.
Weather will be perfect!! See you all at Governor's Square!!
Tim Lewis
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 11:25am
Outstanding
Two of my favorite local bands

Big thanks to Tim and his associates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic