Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Saturday, April 20, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 HUD ANNUAL ACTION PLAN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by LH4 LH4 wrote:

LMAO

Your right... my point exactly..Landlords spend a lot of money remodeling!
If you had hundreds of tenants you would rent section 8. If that is the only people coming into Middletown.

EXACTLY LH4!!!! YOU JUST DESCRIBED THE MALAISE OF THE SECTION 8 PROGRAM INUNDATING THE CITY. THE CITY OFFERS YOU SECTION 8 RENTERS, THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN TO FILL YOUR HOMES AND YOU ARE REWARDED BY THEM DESTROYING YOUR PROPERTIES. SO WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO BYPASS THE CITY OFFER AND LOOK INTO THE NON-SECTION 8 RENTAL SCENE AND MAKE YOUR PROPERTIES MORE ATTRACTIVE TO THE RENTERS WHO WOULDN'T DESTROY YOUR PROPERTIES? THERE ARE RENTERS OTHER THAN SECTION 8 AND THEY MAY WANT TO LIVE IN A HOUSE RATHER THAN AN APARTMENT FOR THE SAME BALLPARK RENT, RIGHT?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 10:28pm
LH4,

Are you a Landlord?  or are you a Leasee in the Section 8 scene?  I have a feeling you are a Landlord.

PacmanCool
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 6:42pm
Today's Middletown Journal Headline
Landlord arrested in Section 8 investigation
 By Michael D. Pitman

Staff Writer

MIDDLETOWN —

Monday’s arrest of a Section 8 landlord is the fourth this year as part of a Section 8 fraud investigation that’s been ongoing for nearly two years.

Dan Tracy, 65, of Middletown, was arrested after a warrant for theft, a fifth-degree felony, was signed, said Middletown police Lt. Scott Reeve. Police say Tracy collected federal money from a vacant apartment.

Since the investigation began in early 2011, police said seven landlords have been arrested for allegedly defrauding the Section 8 program, which is through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The HUD Inspector General is aiding the Middletown police in its investigation.

Tracy was arraigned in Middletown Municipal Court on Wednesday morning. A pretrial hearing is set for Oct. 31. Reeve said Tracy could face an additional charge allegedly providing a fraudulent lease in order to turn on city water for a tenant with a past due water bill (Section 8 guidelines say a voucher holder must pay all back utilities or they would be removed from the program).

Tracy deferred comment on Thursday to his attorney, Christopher Atkins, who could not be reached for comment.

In September 2011, five people — two landlords and three tenants — were arrested on felony-level theft charges.

The city is looking to reduce its number of Section 8 vouchers by 1,008 over the course of five years, according to a city corrective action plan approved by city council earlier this week. The plan, which addressed why the city is under the acceptable 95 percent threshold of issued vouchers, has been sent to HUD for consideration.

City officials are uncertain if HUD would accept this plan, but if it is accepted the number of vouchers would drop from 1,662 to 654.

Section 8 arrests in 2012

Here is who has been arrested this year in the ongoing Section 8 faud investigation by the Middletown Division of Police:

Jerry Robinson, arrested April 2, charged with theft, a fifth-degree felony. He is scheduled …

Silas Lewallen, arrested on June 14, charged with theft, a fifth-degree felony. He is scheduled …

Author Baker, arrested on June 25, charged with theft, a fifth-degree felony. He pled guilty to theft on ?????

Dan Tracy, arrested on Oct. 15, charged with theft, a fifth-degree felony. He is scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing in Middletown Municipal Court on Oct. 31.

So Section 8 isn't a problem huh???!!!
PacmanCool
SEEKING THE TRUTH View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 7:39pm
Have you heard anything about MPHA letters or letters from Doug Adkins sent to the tenants on MPHA demanding that they pay old water bills to the city of Middletown water department that have nothing to do with the unit that they are living in or any unit that that they lived in while on the program that was on the paid for by the program if so do you think this could be a violation of there civil rights on the section 8.
SEEKING THE TRUTH View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 8:36pm
JUST WHAT POSITION DOES MARTY KOHLER HAVE AS OF TODAY IN THE CITY MANAGEMENT AND WHERE DID HE RANK WHEN THIS HAPPENED ????
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 11:29pm
Pacman.....Dan Tracy has an interesting array of properties listed under 'Merg Properties LLC' on the BC website. Many chances for..........
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 10:25am
Mr. Tracy went before council and self-professed that was biggest Section 8 landlord in Middletown.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 6:49pm
I have been to several meetings and heard Dan Tracy speak.  He always proclaimed how wonderful his Section 8 tenants were.  and that they were even better than having a non section 8 tenant in one of his rentals.  He usually showed up with 2 or 3 other section 8 landlords who proclaimed the same thing.  I guess he is right when he is collecting money and have no section 8 tenant in the unit.  I use to always shake my head when I would hear him speak knowing that he was being less than truthful.

PacmanCool
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 6:55pm

Looks like your right, 129 properties, hmmm if we are lucky he will get booted out of the program.
PacmanCool 
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 12:06am
 If memory serves me correctly, weren't Nelson & Associates plus the Inspection Group responsible for ensuring that 'alleged' problems of this nature would be uncovered dating back to 2009? I think that it might be a little premature for some to pass final judgement until all of the facts are available.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 6:29am

I heard horror stories from landlords and tenants concerning records and payments the first year and a half under Nelson & Assoc and the Inspection Group. And then you can add the major problems with the new software program that Mr. Adkins purchased.
Because of the above problems I believe I will wait for the rest of this story before I pass judgement.

Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 9:33am
That is a first for you Vivian. Waiting for the rest of the story to pass judgement.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2012 at 10:14am
Looks like just another typical day at city hall.No one watching what the other is doing.Not caring if someone is ripping the city off big time.Why should they care?They(city) ripps us off everyday.Heads should roll for this but they wont cause we have "spineless ones" running Middletucky.Wink
LH4 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 8:34am
Before any of you pass judgement on Dan Tracy I would wait! If the people in charge of section 8 would get things straight the paper work would not be so screwed up. They have had different names to different addresses plenty of times. They have said numerous times a property has not been inspected yet when it was the week before!!! It's ironic how some of the lanlords are taking the fall for their program not being ran correctly and professionally. Huh.......maybe takes the heat off them.
LH4 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 8:45am
Also...do any of you know that when the inspection group was in charge some of the lanlords did not get paid for months of rent at times.. because of their paperwork mishaps. How would any of you like to work for free for six months??
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 9:02am
Cops don't usually file charges and arrest someone because of paperwork snafus.  I'm going to guess that they investigated this before arresting your friend Mr. Tracy.  #slumlord
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 10:31am
Questions for the day:
1) Name the city employee who heaped praises upon Nelson Associates plus the Inspection Group when they replaced CONSOC several years ago?
2) Why were the Inspection Group's services no longer desired?
3) How will the feds react to the city's recent announcement to reduce vouchers by 1,000?
4) Is this yet another grandiose plan like the 2,300 citywide code enforcement violations, the $20 million NSP housing plan, the 54% citywide lower-income designation, etc., etc.

It makes one wonder if we shouldn't have fewer bold headlines and more accountability with our tax dollars?
LH4 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 10:45am
Digger-2
Great questions!

With all the crime rate up due to section 8 voucher holding people. You wouldn't think the police would have time for fraud investigations.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 7:06pm
LH4,

though you refuse to answer my question above, you are definately a landlord and a fool of a landord. 

many of the Loandlords I have talked to about section 8 think they are above the rest of the citizens of middletown.  The Police do not arresst 4 Landlords with one pleading guilty just for the fun of it.

I forsee your wonderful friend Tracy pleading guilty and most likely gettin probation with him being allowed to stay in the section 8 progam unfortunately.

PacmanCool
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 11:23pm
How sad that anyone would resort to name-calling and belittling another MUSA participant.
It's often said that the wise man withholds judgement until all of the facts are known.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 10:17am

I believe that Mr. Tracy has been a landlord here in Middletown for about 30 years. If I remember the story correctly it was the city that went to Mr. Tracy and requested that he purchase more properties so they could increase the Section 8 program.
I think we need to wait for the rest of this story….

LH4 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 10:19am
Pacman
I can answer anyone's questions. I know a lot of lanlords. I am telling you facts, some that of course you would not hear from the city.
Let me explain something first off... When Nelson was in charge they were so clustered they did not even know someone was in a unit they had already inspected!! It was a complete mess. And Doug Adkins did not care. Tenants were told wrong information as well as landlords!
Their hunting down lanlords trying to come up with fraud IS their way to remove section 8 vouchers.
The paperwork was never correct... Hopefully the lanlords kept records of all communication!
I find it amazing that buisnesses in this town have been robbed with a picture of them doing it and are told they don't have enough " man power" to go look for them..... But they can work on this for two years.
I guess the city of Middletown people can live with criminals just not lanlords trying to figure out the cities everyday changes of rules of section 8!!!
LH4 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 10:25am
Pacman

Also as far as Dan Tracy being my "wonderful friend".... he has helped many families. Some people in need not on section 8 also.

It's easy to sit back and judge when YOU do not know all the facts.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 11:50am
WOW, PACMAN IS JUDGE AND JURY!!!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

Pacman.....Dan Tracy has an interesting array of properties listed under 'Merg Properties LLC' on the BC website. Many chances for..........

And look at the prices 'Merg Properties LLC'  paid for the properties in the last few years.These people went around buying up foreclosed homes for a fraction of their value so that they could fill them up with section 8? Hell if any one wanted to buy one of these houses to live in they couldnt. No wonder Middletown has gone to hell.But on the other hand its a free country and they are making money thats the way the system is suposed to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic