Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downtown Middletown - Our Best Looking Block?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downtown Middletown - Our Best Looking Block?
    Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 10:06am
I had to run downtown a few weeks ago.

For some reason I stopped at the corner of Central and S. Broad and took this picture.

Later, when I looked at the picture, I was surprised at how nice the place looked.

Just a few minutes ago I noticed this was the same block pictured on the city's downtown page. http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/ed/downtown.aspx

Which just makes me wonder... is this our best looking "block"?

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 10:52am
Does look nice doesn't it. If it presents itself on the outside in a positive manner, guess the question remains the content of what we are looking at as to vacancies, store offerings and diversity. What would we fill these stores with to entice people to go? Gotta be more than the arts connection IMO.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 11:13am
After all the government $$  (fed and local) that went into this block, I would sure HOPE it looked nice.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 1:50pm
Please notice the two cars motoring down Central Avenue, one eastbound and one westbound.
The picture must have been taken during rush hour.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Richard Saunders Richard Saunders wrote:

Please notice the two cars motoring down Central Avenue, one eastbound and one westbound.
The picture must have been taken during rush hour.

Ahh geez Richard! Now we're gonna hear it from the rose-colored glasses crowd. We gotta stay positive to improve our outlook on learning the art of denying reality.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 7:31pm
I wonder if the guy with the hotdog stand still sets up there since the welfare office closed?
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 7:31pm
Oh and nice picture Thumbs%20Up
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 9:35am
Thanks!

From memory it was about 10:00 in the morning on a Saturday.

The phone did have it's "Rose Colored Glasses" camera effect enabled.

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
SepmaAshey View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SepmaAshey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 9:07am
I would sure hope it looked nice.
Good to the last second--Glee Season 3 dvd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic