FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This Is What Our Town Is Becoming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Is What Our Town Is Becoming
    Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 6:44am
Today's Journal....

Newspaper website helps lead to arrest in Captain D’s robbery

MIDDLETOWN — The man police say robbed a fast food restaurant this past weekend turned himself in after a friend saw his photo on MiddletownJournal.com.

Police say Daniel Green, 56, of Central Avenue, turned himself in to police Thursday, for the robbery Sunday evening at Captain D’s, 804 S. Breiel Blvd

Police: 12-year-old kept in Middletown basement
Girl was tied up and fed only cereal for month; parents charged

MIDDLETOWN — A father and stepmother are accused of locking their 12-year-old daughter in a Middletown basement for nearly a month, tying her up and feeding her only cereal.

The couple have been charged with kidnapping, a first-degree felony, and child endangering, a third-degree felony, according to police.

Middletown police said an anonymous complaint led Butler County Children Services this month to investigate Shawn Blackston, 40, and Joanna Blackston, 36, who live at 1606 Philadelphia Ave. The complaint was that the couple were allegedly abusing one of their six children

After Children Services staff members saw the “deplorable living conditions,” Middletown police were notified on July 3, said Lt. Scott Reeve

Reeve said the girl, a sixth-grader in the Middletown City Schools District, had been allegedly locked in the basement since June 18, about a month after her last day of school.

There were several locks on the outside of the door that led to the basement, Reeve said.

He said there was only a mattress in the unfinished basement, and the glass block windows were covered by sheets or wood, eliminating light from coming inside. One light bulb hung from the ceiling.

There was no bathroom in the basement, so the girl was let out of the basement when she needed to use the restroom, Reeve said.

Her only communication with her siblings was through floor boards and under the basement door, Reeve said

The girl was malnourished and dirty when found by officers, he said. She had scars on her back, arms and legs from what she said was previous abuse. She said her stepmother put duct tape over her eyes and mouth and bound her wrists behind her back. She hadn’t brushed her teeth in six months since her parents took the toothbrush away as punishment, she told investigators

IT WOULD APPEAR, AS TIME GOES BY, WE HEAR MORE AND MORE STORIES LIKE THIS FROM VARIOUS PARTS OF OUR TOWN. COULD IT BE ATTIBUTED TO THE TYPES OF PEOPLE WE ARE DRAWING WITH OUR "LOW INCOME" TOWN THEME? DUNNO. THESE TWO LOSERS CAME FROM ELSEWHERE. IN ADDITION TO HEARING STORIES WHERE OUTSIDE INFLUENCES ARE INVOLVED IN CRIME, WE READ ABOUT THEFTS OF COPPER, LAWNMOWERS....ANYTHING METAL TO SELL AT THE LOCAL JUNKYARD AND WE READ STORIES OF ABUSE LIKE THIS. THE PARENTS SHOULD NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY. THE REMAINING KIDS WOULD BE BETTER OFF NOT BEING AROUND "PARENTS" LIKE THIS EVEN IF THEY WERE NOT ABUSED AS THIS 12 YEAR OLD WAS. SOCIETY IS GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET IN MANY RESPECTS AND THE RAMPANT CRIME APPEARS TO BE MORE THAN OUR "KINDER/GENTLER" METHOD OF PUNISHMENT CAN HANDLE. TIME FOR SOME REAL PUNISHMENT. TIME TO START DOING THINGS DIFFERENTLY. JMO
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 8:34am
man o man
I know the Captain D guy from down the street
nice, hard-working guy
his kids caused commotion at my place--he took care of them
can't believe it

the other story is unreal

our city has been like this for a long while
is like this every day
most of you simply aren't around to see it happening 24/7/365
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 9:24am
This isn't unique to our city or this period of time.

Wherever you go there will be dregs of society.

Notice the little girl in the lower rh side, she is holding up her index finger. She isn't convinced about being a dreg yet. But in a little while, she will join her sisters.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 9:46am
Reminds me of a story I head yesterday.

That being 1/3 of the countries welfare recipients live in California.

Middletown is well on it's way to become the next California. In more ways than one.
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 11:23am
I believe I heard that since January there has been 6 kids died in this great town.I can think of 3 just in the last couple of months.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 6:29pm

22-year-old charged with having sex with a 14-year-old

By Michael D. Pitman, Staff Writer Updated 6:15 PM Friday, July 13, 2012

MIDDLETOWN — A 22-year-old Middletown man is in the city jail on a $10,000 bond after allegedly having sex with a 14-year-old girl.

Police say Christopher Ward, who is also of Marion, was caught having sex with the girl by her 18-year-old brother.

Around 3 p.m. on Wednesday the mother of the girl asked the brother to check on her, according to the police report. She told the mother she was going to be in the shower, but it has been running for an hour.

The brother told police that he heard the sound of her moaning from her bedroom, a room she shares with her mother. The door was not completely shut and he saw his sister and Ward having sex.

He immediately went downstairs and told his mom who called 9-1-1.

When police arrived, they went upstairs and knocked on the door. The girl came out of the room after a few minutes.

The girl was cited into juvenile court for being unruly, but a court date has not yet been set according to the Butler County Juvenile Court.

Ward was arrested for unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, a fourth-degree felony. A $10,000 cash or property bond was set Friday morning after his arraignment in Middletown Municipal Court. Ward is scheduled to appear back in court at 1:30 p.m. on July 20.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/crime/22-year-old-charged-with-having-sex-with-a-14-year-old-1404568.html

Contact this reporter at (513) 820-2175 or michael.pitman@coxinc.com. Follow at twitter.com/mdpitman.

Formerly of Marion ? Could this be another pervert brought here by Middletowns section 8 give aways ?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

COULD IT BE ATTIBUTED TO THE TYPES OF PEOPLE WE ARE DRAWING WITH OUR "LOW INCOME" TOWN THEME? DUNNO.

DUNNO?  MY ASS

Pacman
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 12:08pm
made a return trip to middletown few days ago, to Baker-Stevens-Parramore Funeral Home, my aunts passing, on the way there i had to shake my head, more than once,getting there i turned onto Iglhart, some guy standing in the middle of the street looking down in a daze, came up on him slowly and damn near had to blow horn , he looks up with that DUH look and gets out of the way then there on Manchester across the street from the funeral home, 2, can't say  ladies !! one sitting on steps with her top half hanging out in short shorts with a whole alot of leg, way more than her share IMO, the other sitting on the grass  in short shorts with legs wide open.. it was nothing purdy about it!! then seen 2 guys pass each other, stopping and hand  passing something??  the touble of this is, i have more aunts and uncle's  that are in their 70" and 80's and at their passing will be using this fine funeral home someday.. the city i once enjoyed is now the city i really can't stand to return to.. i really hate to be negitive on middletown, just calling it what im seeing, and its nothing good..  Originally posted by VietVet COULD IT BE ATTIBUTED TO THE TYPES OF PEOPLE WE ARE DRAWING WITH OUR "LOW INCOME" TOWN THEME? DUNNO. im with PAC on this one!!  MY ASSLOL

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 5:40pm
Looked up the owner of this property seems its owned by some management company with a Franklin mailing address,could it be more section 8 ?

Police investigate shots fired into Middletown home

By Hannah Poturalski, Staff Writer 3:48 PM Saturday, July 14, 2012

MIDDLETOWN — Detectives are investigating a drive-by shooting late Friday in which no injuries are reported.

Around 11 p.m., Middletown police responded to 3515 Poinciana St. and determined that 10 rounds had been fired toward the home.

Police said five rounds hit the home. Several residents were inside the home at the time of the shooting but no one was injured.

Police said witnesses reported seeing a suspicious dark colored Pontiac G6 traveling slowly in the 3400 block of Poinciana without its headlights on.

Middletown detectives are investigating and no motive has been determined for the shooting.

Anyone with information on the incident can contact Detective Tom McIntosh at (513) 425-7785.

This is the second shooting Middletown police have investigated at this residence this summer.

On June 18, a man who was visiting the residents reported he was fired at — but not struck — outside the home after an argument broke out between a group of individuals who had been arguing earlier in the night at The Jug on Central Avenue.

A 28-year-old Middletown man was later charged in the incident.

greygoose View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greygoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 11:22am
Pacman,

As a general statement, I agree that many of these problems are poverty related and would like to see something done to curb it. However, the big question is what should be done? I believe that Middletown's higher than average poverty levels can be atributed to past mistakes made by the city's leadership (expansion of Section 8 vouchers) and the overall bad economy.

These problems will not lessen unless the poverty levels are decreased. Again, the big question is "how to decrease the poverty levels". One idea is to force the poverty to move elsewhere. Since HUD will not allow a reduction in vouchers, I am a proponent of ridding our town of housing that is "typically" used for the less fortunate.

I am not advocating that we put the less fortunate on the street. I am suggesting that, over time, there will be a natural migration to more affordable housing located outside of this city. Obviously, it will take more than this..... but I would like to see it as one of the building blocks of the city's future.

GG
"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got"
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by greygoose greygoose wrote:

Pacman,

As a general statement, I agree that many of these problems are poverty related and would like to see something done to curb it. However, the big question is what should be done? I believe that Middletown's higher than average poverty levels can be atributed to past mistakes made by the city's leadership (expansion of Section 8 vouchers) and the overall bad economy.

These problems will not lessen unless the poverty levels are decreased. Again, the big question is "how to decrease the poverty levels". One idea is to force the poverty to move elsewhere. Since HUD will not allow a reduction in vouchers, I am a proponent of ridding our town of housing that is "typically" used for the less fortunate.

I am not advocating that we put the less fortunate on the street. I am suggesting that, over time, there will be a natural migration to more affordable housing located outside of this city. Obviously, it will take more than this..... but I would like to see it as one of the building blocks of the city's future.

GG

Redistribution of wealth work for you? I think when You give people freebies long enough that they become used to getting them and unwilling to try so that may be where part of the problem is on the other hand the people that truly need help shouldn't have the rug pulled from underneath them and a lot of times people that could use the help can't get it because they actualy have jobs and make too much money.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 2:31pm
greygoose,

You don't decrease poverty levels by having those in poverty "migrate" to somewhere else. That just shifts the problem to another community. If you really want to eliminate poverty, why not try providing meaningful and gainful employment? I can't believe that you just suggested sweeping the poverty under the rug and we'll pretend it doesn't exist anymore!!! You want to "force" those in poverty to move elsewhere? How about trying to lift them out of poverty?

Bocephus,

The "freebie" argument isn't the problem as much as those lousy paying jobs. When it doesn't change your situation to take a low wage job, most people will resort to taking what they are given. Give them a job that will lift them out of the "hand-out" mentality, and things will change.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 4:54pm
TonyB, would you also like to solve world poverty, global warming, and world peace while you're at it?

The only possible accomplishment with regard to Sec 8 is to disperse them.  If we can get 20-40% of the Sec 8 rolls to eventually move elsewhere, we MIGHT see some improvement in the crime, fire runs, and appearance of town.  Yes, jobs are key.  but your sentiment that we need do nothing about the Sec 8 problem and just work on bringing in more jobs is, to put it kindly, not realistic.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 6:29pm
Bill,

No where did I say to do nothing about Section 8 housing. The comment was made to just have those in poverty move somewhere else. That, certainly, does not solve the problem of poverty. giving people opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty with gainful employment does. Why don't we just make all the Section 8 vouchers and anyone else in poverty live in the same area of town. Then we can put a fence around it so they can all stay over there and away from everyone else. It'll be great, we'll call it a GHETTO!!!

You are not going to solve the problem by "making it go away". There wouldn't be this many vouchers if the need wasn't there. Are there too many? Yes. The idea that we'll just send them someplace else just passes the problem along and is not, to put it kindly, realistic.

BTW, I'd be happy to take a crack at those other problems as well. Better to do something than pretend they either don't exist or do nothing at all!
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 6:58pm
Tony....don't waste your time arguing with these guys about section 8.

Middletown is what it is for a variety of reasons and won't change for a long time. All you brain surgeons are not the miracle workers you think, as a matter of fact, you really are no better than judy and her gang. Your ideas are just as self centered as is those held by the judy crowd. Your just mad because THEY are getting their way and not you.

I have it before  and will again......a 30% cut across the board and elimination of ALL non essential services solves many problems.

BUT...you all still want YOUR neighborhood covered by great Cops and Fire. You still want YOUR pet "fest" to continue. If you are serious and just not  a bunch of blow hards then join the "reality" band wagon.

Nah........non of you want that, huh?  You all just want the hay day back even if means having a Municipal Workforce that is second tier Citizens by virtue of their low pay.
greygoose View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greygoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 9:06pm
Bocephus,

What’s with the redistribution of wealth comment? I happen to agree with your assessment that long term freebies contribute to the problem but where do you draw the line? It sounds like you draw the line with jobs. What if a person can’t get a job due to a disability or they are over 50 with a pre-existing health condition. It is truly a tough call. I know of good individuals that would be devastated by a cut in assistance but I also see the rampant abuse that bugs us all.

TonyB,

Remember that my comment was made in regards to reducing crime, not poverty. My point is that there is a direct correlation between crime and poverty and crime won’t go away until poverty does. Because of a multitude of reasons, Middletown has more than its “fair share” of poverty. I was just suggesting migration as a quicker way to lessen the burden. I agree that it doesn’t solve the poverty issue. Education and resulting jobs are the long term solution.

Irisner,

Who licked the sugar off of your cookie? Do you realize that this is a forum where ideas are exchanged. It seems kinda silly to tell someone on a message board not to waste his time talking to other members.....duhhhhh. It’s pretty clear that the only idea that you want to hear is your own. Next time you can express your opinion to a recorder so that you can play it back & listen to yourself.
greygoose View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greygoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 9:14pm
Irisner.... Free Your Mind

TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 9:49pm
greygoose,

If I missed the point of your post, it was because the word "crime" wasn't in it. There are many problems with poverty, crime wasn't one I saw in your post. It is my opinion that all of the other related problems are caused by poverty. Eliminate the poverty and you are well on your way to solving those other problems. Gainful employment with a living wage seems (to me) to be the answer. If you don't have that, all you are doing is shuffling the problem to somewhere else which isn't a solution to poverty.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by greygoose greygoose wrote:

Bocephus,

What’s with the redistribution of wealth comment? I happen to agree with your assessment that long term freebies contribute to the problem but where do you draw the line? It sounds like you draw the line with jobs. What if a person can’t get a job due to a disability or they are over 50 with a pre-existing health condition. It is truly a tough call. I know of good individuals that would be devastated by a cut in assistance but I also see the rampant abuse that bugs us all.

TonyB,

Remember that my comment was made in regards to reducing crime, not poverty. My point is that there is a direct correlation between crime and poverty and crime won’t go away until poverty does. Because of a multitude of reasons, Middletown has more than its “fair share” of poverty. I was just suggesting migration as a quicker way to lessen the burden. I agree that it doesn’t solve the poverty issue. Education and resulting jobs are the long term solution.

Irisner,

Who licked the sugar off of your cookie? Do you realize that this is a forum where ideas are exchanged. It seems kinda silly to tell someone on a message board not to waste his time talking to other members.....duhhhhh. It’s pretty clear that the only idea that you want to hear is your own. Next time you can express your opinion to a recorder so that you can play it back & listen to yourself.

My redistribute comment came from what seems to be the political agenda of some of our chosen leaders some people seem to think that would fix everything.As far as having social programs for people who are down and out because of some uncontrolable circumstances I don't have an issue with or for the working poor who need the extra help no problem for me with that.What I don't like to see happening is individuals that could actualy work but instead they choose to sit on their cans and get food stamps,medical cards,section 8 housing and why not try to get on SSI or SSDI while they are at it I can name at least a few people that have gone this route. Or what about whole families that don't know anything but living off the social programs.Someone once said

“Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.”

but its kinda hard to do when they dont wanna learn to fish so we just keep giving them fish.

greygoose View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greygoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 11:20pm
Bocephus,

We are on the same page. Because there is no time limit on the subsidy, it tends to "institutionalize" the recipients. Before a became a full time landlord, I was a hardliner on the subject. Now that I deal with tenants on a daily basis, my position has softened.

Although I have more empathy than I once did, I can't get past the fact that we are paying for these programs with money that we don't have. At some point (and I think it's getting close) the government is not going to be able to fund these programs and I try not to think of the consequences that these folks are going to face. I'm not trying to avoid the facts..... its just an "ugly conclusion" that my brain has a hard time processing.

GG
greygoose View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greygoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 11:23pm
TonyB,

My bad.....in my brain, poverty related problems = crime. I should have stated it as such.

GG
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:02am

Another problem is the way that “helping the needy” has evolved.

Back in the days of yore, when people in your community needed help and you saw the actual need, you gave (let’s say) $100, it was all handled locally, and the needy persons received $100 worth of help.  In addition, the donor was allowed to take a tax deduction, so $100 worth of actual help received ended up costing the donor only perhaps $65 to $90 (depending upon the donor’s tax bracket).

Nowadays, the government wants to take care of everyone via government programs financed by taxes.  One of the problems is, every $100 you pay in taxes earmarked for the “needy” has to go through several layers of expensive bureaucracy—both on the way to, and the way back from Washington.  By the time it gets back to your community, there is only about $40 left, and perhaps $15 or $20 of that goes to people who are “gaming” the system.

Sure, progress is great and there are wonderful new things and methods discovered every day.  But when it comes to helping the needy, perhaps the old way truly was better.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

But when it comes to helping the needy, perhaps the old way truly was better.

Agree!!!
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 4:40pm
Middletown is not "becoming"....it already is and has been for some time now.Most people never see the "real" Middletown because of where they live and thats fine.So all most know is what they read and hear.But the truth is this town is a dump and getting worse by the day.The politicians running it are corrupt,the crime is out of hand and the courts only want to deal with people who have money.Slum lords are renting to anyone they can get a buck from including the criminal element and they do not care as long as money is coming in.People talk about section 8 as if it was a disease but some people have no choice.Why not do what Hitler done and build a wall with gates around the "hoods" so that way no one in the wealthy part of town will ever see anything that they consider "disgusting" and have the newspaper only print feel good stuff so those who are better off never have to read about the crime in the walled off ghetto.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 10:19pm
Hermes I agree with most what you have said,But the part about slumlords is a little disturbing.Yes there is a few out there but there are also a few that give a damn about there renters AND the neighborhood they live in.I myself do a background check,ask for references,call there employer and also in my lease I have a clause in it that I can give them 72 hour notice I want to enter the house.Only thing I ask my renters to do is pay rent on time and dont make any changes to the house witout my permission.I take care of any repairs to the house and also have a lawn care person to take care of the grass and removes snow in the winter.On each of my properties (3) my neighbors on each side has my number if they have a complaint.I do my best to be that good landlord.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic