Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations for aluminum siding work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommendations for aluminum siding work?
    Posted: Jul 18 2008 at 10:50am
If folks out there can recommend or counsel against any area businesses involved with cleaning aluminum siding and/or painting siding.

I've been getting some estimates on either cleaning my siding or repainting it. 

Recommendations and comments would be helpful.

Thanks.  You can send me a message through here if you don't want to mention something publicly.  Warnings are also useful!!!
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2008 at 4:27pm
Marianne,

I personally don't know of any but I will check with my sister and her husband this weekend. They own rental property and contract most of the work out. If they have any advice I will get back with a post.

If you find anything good, or bad, let us know on The Middletown Review website.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2008 at 6:54pm
Sorry for the dealy: I just this afternoon spoke with my sister and she had good things to say about Napier Siding and Gutter - Chaeles Napier - 425-0594. By chance I saw his truck wroking at a neighbors house just this morning.
Good luck.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2008 at 7:15pm
[QUOTE=Marianne]If folks out there can recommend or counsel against any area businesses involved with cleaning aluminum siding and/or painting siding. 

Warnings are also useful!!!
[/QUOTE]

Marianne,
Just a word of caution:
Be sure to limit activity to "cleaning and/or painting" of aluminum siding as it is NOT a "natural material".  If you add or commpletely re-side your home you will need a building permit (unless you are a member of council or a high-ranking public official) and both aluminum and vinyl siding are prohibited.

"CHAPTER 1225: HOUSING AND ARCHITECTURAL STANDARDS" of the Middletown Codified Ordinances states, in part:

"A. One and one-half and two-story dwellings. All first floor exterior walls that are visible from the street shall be constructed of natural material (stone, brick, wood, stucco, cultured stone, cement siding or hardy plank). All other exterior walls areas of the dwelling may be constructed of other code approved building materials.

B. One story dwelling. All exterior walls shall be constructed of natural materials stated in division (b)(1)A. of this section."

Existing dwellings are "grandfathered in" but any additions or modifications must conform to this code adopted in November of 2005.

arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2008 at 8:22pm
O rats. I did not remember that you said "cleaning and painting". But still, at least my sister trusts that fellow. If he does not do cleaning or paiting perhaps he could point you in the right direction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic