Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, March 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any one heard rumors about Miltons closing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any one heard rumors about Miltons closing?
    Posted: Aug 25 2012 at 11:06pm
Does any one know if their is any truth to the rumor that Miltons is closing?
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 12:49pm
I seem to recall an article in the paper a while back where they said when they retired in a year or so they weren't interested in selling the business-they were just going to shut it down.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 5:40pm
I know I was standing in line at Milton's a few weeks ago when their phone ring. The caller asked if there were going to be closing. The lady answered "No, we're not closing, I need my job."
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 6:55pm
I seem to recall that Milton's closes for a week or two every year for vacation.  Perhaps that causes some confusion. 
(Or maybe I have them confused with another establishment???)
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 11:13pm

I hope they dont close not that I need anything they sell thats for sure but seems they are one of the few places left to get real donuts lol

since1960 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote since1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:25pm

SmileI'm happy to say that Milton's Donuts is not closing. We have been in business for 52 years and hope to do so for another year or two. After that we'll have to see who has the money to buy and the energy and determination to work and continue to make a great product.

Thank you to our loyal customers.

Dan Milton, owner Milton's Donuts,Middletown,Ohio.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:54pm
good news
super business
delicious product
we feast on the donuts twice a week
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:18pm
Oh yea LOVE those donuts That's such good news!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic