FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

“25 REASONS: TIME FOR A SWITCH!”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 3:32am
Originally posted by TonyB TonyB wrote:

SJ,
 We're out of Iraq, getting out of Afghanistan, and removed the dictator of Libya without losing a single person!!!
WHAT???Shocked
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 6:22am
Originally posted by Stanky Stanky wrote:

Don't worry Vet, Ryan's plan (like most out there) to deal with the entitlement programs does not involve cuts for those already over 55 or so. Nope, fear not. Even though your generation has run this country into the ditch by living high on the hog, giving out pork for votes, and favored consumerism over retirement savings, any remedies for our nation's problems will fall on the back of those under 50. What about the concept of shared sacrifice?   

Stanky:

"Even though your generation has run this country into the ditch by living high on the hog, giving out pork for votes, and favored consumerism over retirement savings, any remedies for our nation's problems will fall on the back of those under 50."

Not proud of some of the things my generation has done just as, I would imagine, the generation before us had their issues. Each generation leaves problems for the next. Not exclusive to the baby boomers. Agree, we like our toys. Motorcycles, classic cars (have two myself) a nice house....very materialistic/status leaning generation. Ironically, the boomers started out protesting big government and detesting anything the government did and authority of any kind. Today, most of those same protesters of the 60's have become what they once hated.....conservative, engaged in politics, greedy, selfish, trusting of government......they have BECOME the government.....and it ain't very pretty. Some of the boomers (me) still detest government, still don't want big brother in our business, still hate authority we don't respect......but I understand your disdain for the boomers. We were (are) greedy little people aren't we. Your generation will have it's fair share of bad apples too. You will be labeled also. Just need to wait for it.

As to the subject of entitlement. Through payroll deductions for over 43 years now, I have had Social Sec. taken out to take care of the people who have already retired. When it is my turn at 70, shouldn't I be given the same priveledge? I will have paid into it every week for 51 years. Just recouping some of the money that was involuntarily taken from me, right? Anything wrong with that?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic