Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, March 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grant to give facelift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

Vivian's negativity raises its ugly head once again.

Can't stand even the slightest positive comment.

Come on Vivian, I'll give you the same challenge I gave Vet, give me one example of a positive word from you on MUSA.
At least her head has a brain in it that uses common sense,if this was a gunfight you would be unarmed.Clap
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 8:46am
I have to disagree VietVet, Towne Blvd defiantly needs widen. I see too many cars backed up into the intersection of 122 and Towne Blvd everyday blocking traffic. The main bottle neck is on Towne Blvd. in between 122 and Kroger. I would like to see it widen not because of the Mall, but mainly for safety, and better traffic flow.

On a different topic what are you feelings about the Ward 3 Joshua Laubach? When is he up for re-election?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

I have to disagree VietVet, Towne Blvd defiantly needs widen. I see too many cars backed up into the intersection of 122 and Towne Blvd everyday blocking traffic. The main bottle neck is on Towne Blvd. in between 122 and Kroger. I would like to see it widen not because of the Mall, but mainly for safety, and better traffic flow.

On a different topic what are you feelings about the Ward 3 Joshua Laubach? When is he up for re-election?

ktf1179...

Your question about J. Laubach.

Don't know of you know it or not but we don't have Wards anymore. There are some stories that have floated about on this forum that the MMF/ powerbrokers of the town saw fit to dissolve the Ward system in favor of everyone being "at large" to allow their candidates a better chance at whatever position they were seeking. Dunno.

As to Laubach.....he came to us MUSA folks as one of the good guys. Started out to be a "maverick" on council. Asked alot of "uncomfortable" questions and got little to no support nor feedback from the others like Becker, Mulligan, Picard and Mort. They are in the MMF camp and are the guys in the black hats. Laubach WAS the only one wearing the white hat (sometimes Scott-Jones will defend the people of the city....AJ Smith just wants to defend the unions (job possibility with the fire dept after his council days are over)- not necessarily the people) UNTIL recently as he apparently has either given up or was told by the MMF'ers not to make waves. When the voting happens on council, he is usually the "1" in the 6-1 voting. Again, dunno what happened to his "spunk" and his "doing the right thing by the people" theme he started with. Appears to have gotten frustrated with the direction of council. Can't blame him. I believe Laubach's council tenure is about over.

ALL JMO. Others may assess the situation differently.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:31pm
Have to agree with Viet.Josh played his cards right.Just like all the rest of the ones that has a postion in Govermeant."I will fight for you(the people)against the wrong doing's and wont stop till I get it right."Was good fo about 6 months now he is just a "PUPPET ON STRINGS"Wink
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 7:43pm
Ktf,

The problem towne blvd, is not the width at Kroger, it is the stop light at Village dr and the amount of space you have for cars to back up when the light is red.  Since I have been here for 8 years I have always wondered if perhaps they had a blind man draw that intersection and both sides of towne blvd.  As a blind man myself, I could have done a better job. LOLLOL

PacmanCool
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2012 at 7:00am
Spiderjohn

Just heard you received an interest free loan from the City for your business?

I responded it couldn't be true.

Am I right?
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2012 at 8:18am
I would be in favor of re-timing the lights, if you think that would work. If it does not fix the issue then we may have to widen it. I also have wondered why they never put an entrance to the Towne Mall off of 122? It would be very easy to put an entrance ramp from 122 West to the parking lot of the Towne Mall. That alone would cut down on some of the cars using the Towne Blvd entrance.

But as I am learning common sense is one thing Middletown is lacking.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2012 at 10:52am
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

I would be in favor of re-timing the lights, if you think that would work. If it does not fix the issue then we may have to widen it. I also have wondered why they never put an entrance to the Towne Mall off of 122? It would be very easy to put an entrance ramp from 122 West to the parking lot of the Towne Mall. That alone would cut down on some of the cars using the Towne Blvd entrance.

But as I am learning common sense is one thing Middletown is lacking.

ktf1179- there doesn't appear to be enough Towne Mall traffic to justify a new ramp to that location. The mall has been dead for a decade now. Until it recovers (if it recovers), I wouldn't imagine it will be a factor in any new development in that area. Most traffic bypasses the mall parking lot. Nothing there as a destination. IMO, the majority of the Towne Blvd traffic is for Meiers, Goodwill, Kroger and as a cut-thru to get to Rt. 25 to go to and from work and to get to the I-75 interchange. These people aren't there to shop.....just use Towne Blvd. as a shortcut to the freeway.

Oh...and you're correct on the common sense comment. Hasn't been any of that in this town for decades as evidenced by what you see every day. Sorely lacking in good city leadership here and it shows.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2012 at 7:52pm
KTF,

I doubt retimeing the lights would do any good, as you constantly have vehicle traffic turning right onto town blvs, turning left onto town blvd, crossing 122 onto towne blvd,  there is not enough space for retiming the lights IMO.

PacmanCool
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 12:49am

So, our illustrious city officials once again have found a huge chunk of change ($650,000.00) that just happened to be “tucked away in one of our other accounts”, and right away they just had to spend it on their very favorite pet projects: the repair and maintenance of their buddies’ properties downtown and on South Main Street.

Why hasn’t anyone asked the real questions, such as:

1.     Where did this money come from and what was its original purpose?

2.     Why wasn’t it all used for its intended purpose?

3.     Can it be used for road and street repaving/repair?

4.     Can it be used for sewer repair/replacement?

5.     For what other purposes (besides downtown and South Main) can it be used?

Aren’t these the kinds of questions our elected representatives are supposed to be asking before City Hall spends taxpayer funds on the same old risky scheme that has failed repeatedly in the past???

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 12:57am
I thought that our financial expert on council ( Mayor Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr.) said that there were things that he "doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them."

Certainly the "facade" program would qualify as one of those things, wouldn't Mr. Mayor???  Exactly how much "return on investment" have we taxpayers gotten for the last two facade programs???

Mr. Mayor???

Anyone???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 2:58am
Does anyone know what is going in the building at 68 S. Main? Can't figure out what they are doing there and haven't read anything on it yet.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 12:47pm
Former Brown House—68 South Main Street

Repair/reline box gutters, damaged storefront windows, damaged roof. Repaint exterior of building in historic colors.

Project Cost $19,525                           Requested $9,762                    Awarded $5,000
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Former Brown House—68 South Main Street

Repair/reline box gutters, damaged storefront windows, damaged roof. Repaint exterior of building in historic colors.

Project Cost $19,525                           Requested $9,762                    Awarded $5,000
This doesn't sound like a new "facade" to me.  This sounds like normal building maintenance, the same kind of maintenance work that everyone needs to do on their homes.  This is the same kind of maintenance that, a few years ago, the city cited 2,300 homeowners for, yet, instead of citing these building owners they are giving them our money to perform the work.  What's up with that?
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 11:25pm
Right, I read all of that in the original post. Just wondering what business is going in there after they get done remodeling. It's gray now and the front door has Middie purple trim painted on it.

Also, isn't this the Barnitz House? Since when did it become the Brown House?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 11:50pm
Where's 409 with the pics?? Smile
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 11:32pm
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 12:03am
The way they have filled in the front display windows it almost looks like it's going to be a restaurant.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 12:05am
409, Do you have your Middletown photos online anywhere and do you have larger versions of the photos?
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 10:50am
It's going to be single family home, from what I undertstand.  Owner occupied.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 3:54pm
Anyone else notice that the Cincy St. sign has gone up on the downtown building.  I was a little surprised it wasn't bigger.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Rhodes Rhodes wrote:

409, Do you have your Middletown photos online anywhere and do you have larger versions of the photos?
I do not have any posted online. I do have the original full size files. One of these days, I will separate the Middletown pictures from my personal pictures. It will take some time as I have thousands to sort through.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 10:19pm
409, Thanks for the pic!!

PacmanCool
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 11:40pm

This doesn't sound like a new "facade" to me.  This sounds like normal building maintenance, the same kind of maintenance work that everyone needs to do on their homes.  This is the same kind of maintenance that, a few years ago, the city cited 2,300 homeowners for, yet, instead of citing these building owners they are giving them our money to perform the work.  What's up with that?

Richard
It was my understanding that this money was to be used for improvements on downtown business property only.
Maybe City Hall or Kohler changed the rules again.  Stay tuned…..ya ain’t seen nothing yet. Money will be flowing into “Their Downtown” while we the tax payer foot the bill.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 4:55am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

So, our illustrious city officials once again have found a huge chunk of change ($650,000.00) that just happened to be “tucked away in one of our other accounts”, and right away they just had to spend it on their very favorite pet projects: the repair and maintenance of their buddies’ properties downtown and on South Main Street.

Why hasn’t anyone asked the real questions, such as:

1.     Where did this money come from and what was its original purpose?

2.     Why wasn’t it all used for its intended purpose?

3.     Can it be used for road and street repaving/repair?

4.     Can it be used for sewer repair/replacement?

5.     For what other purposes (besides downtown and South Main) can it be used?

Aren’t these the kinds of questions our elected representatives are supposed to be asking before City Hall spends taxpayer funds on the same old risky scheme that has failed repeatedly in the past???

These were CBDG funds!!!
CBDG funds could be used for street repairs and re-paving!!!

Year after year, city officials have been saying that there just isn't any money available for street repairs or repaving, yet this money has been sitting, languishing for years...waiting for the "right" pet project to come up so that it could be "found, tucked away in one of our other funds" while our streets keep crumbling!!!

Our city council members asked NO questions and stated NO objections when these funds were directed towards downtown and South Main street...AGAIN!!!

Our city council members asked NO questions and stated NO objections when these funds were directed towards REGULAR MAINTENANCE items on homes and businesses downtown and on South Main Street while the streets in the rest of our city are reaching third-world street status!!!

Either the citizenry must wake up, rise up, and change up the City Council, or our city will die and the citizens will deserve exactly what they will get.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic