FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vote NO on Senior Levy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vote NO on Senior Levy
    Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 3:42pm
A bailout is a bailout.
I am sorry but the taxpayers should not bailout the debt ridden senior center.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 4:30pm
I can't believe people are actually considering voting for this.  Unbelievable.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 5:42am
It 's a scam.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 6:34am
Some food for thought......while you're young, healthy,independent.....and not thinking about getting old.

What would happen......

IF you lost the use of your arms and legs and were wheelchair bound, be it medical or in an accident.

IF you were incapacitated and needed some home care provided by a medical/caregiver service.

IF you felt fine, got up from the couch and fell over from a stroke, paralyzing you in an instant.

IF you suddenly were without the ability to drive a car on a permanent basis and needed to get to appointments.

IF you suddenly were in a situation where you couldn't leave the house, couldn't make your own meals and needed meals delivered so that you may eat.

IF there was nothing wrong with you at all but this happened to a loved one......guarantee, you would appreciate them if they're offered.

NOW, NOTHING AT ALL MAY HAPPEN TO YOU IN YOUR LIFETIME REQUIRING THIS SERVICE. YOU MAY ALWAYS BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. I HOPE THAT IS THE CASE. HOWEVER, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN DEALT A CRAPPY SET OF CARDS WHO REALLY APPRECIATE THIS. MAKES THEIR LIVES JUST A TAD BIT EASIER. YOU WOULD KNOW THIS IF YOU SAW IT EVERYDAY.....OR LIVED IT EVERYDAY, TRAPPED IN A FRIKKIN' WHEELCHAIR.

CAN'T HAPPEN TO YOU? PERHAPS.....MAYBE YOU'RE NEXT. WE DON'T KNOW.

BOTTOM LINE.....VOTE AS YOU MUST, BUT REMEMBER, THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE OUT HERE WHO NEED THE HELP........AND YOUR DAY WILL COME WHEN YOU ARE OLD AND MIGHT WELCOME THE SERVICES OFFERED. HELL, YOU MIGHT EVEN USE THE SENIOR CENTER IF YOU AND IT ARE STILL AROUND. THREE YEARS AGO, WE NEVER THOUGHT WE WOULD NEED ANY OF THIS EITHER. IT CAN CHANGE IN A FEW MINUTES, WITHOUT NOTICE.....YOUR WHOLE DAM LIFE. NO ONE IS IMMUNE TO A CATASTROPHE-NO MATTER WHAT THE AGE.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 9:05am
I am not a big fan of new taxes either, but this is such a small one, that I have decided to vote for it.

"If approved, the levy would cost the owner of a $100,000 home $30.63 a year"

Per $100,000 home is $30.63 yr. / 12 = $2.55 per month.

I am that you can afford that. That is cheaper than a gallon of gas and a pack of cigarettes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic