FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FIRE PERMIT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FIRE PERMIT
    Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 8:26pm
Does Middletown Allow The Burning Of Brush And Leaves In A Barrel In The Fall?? And If They Do, Is A Permit Required???

PacmanCool
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 8:46pm
I burn as you are describing,have never had any trouble. 
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 9:25pm
Thank You
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 9:36pm
Pac.....keep some hot dogs handy & if anything is said tell them you are cooking out.
           worked for me in the past......Smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2012 at 6:00am
Back in the day, my grandparents had a 55 gallon drum in the back yard and it was popular to burn your trash (and set off M-80's and cherry bombs in) then. I thought that for decades it was illegal to burn anything within the city limits.......but then again, that doesn't explain the open flame fire pits that are used by folks nowadays. Dunno.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2012 at 7:52am
Pacman:

I think that open burning is still prohibited by Middletown Codified Ordinance 660.08 and Ohio Administative Code 3745-19.  These are long and complicated, so you might interpret it differently.  The city ordinance (660.08) mimics OAC 3745-19 pretty much word-for-word, and here is a link to OAC 3745-19:

I hope that this helps.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
adamwlewis View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2012 at 12:41pm
I just recently inquired about open burning within the city as this was directed to the City Ordinance that states:

They shall have a total fuel area of three feet or less in diameter and two feet or less in height.

I was also told, however, that generally as long as the fire is well contained and there is a nearby water source (a hose for example) that it's unlikely the fire department would have a problem with it. Hope that helps!
Adam Lewis' Blog
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2012 at 10:29pm
Thank You To All Your Suggestions.  This helps a great deal!!

PacmanCool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic