FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gilliland Should Go

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gilliland Should Go
    Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 9:54am
What about the Community Revitalization staffer who benefitted mightily in the high-risk, sub-prime home mortgage industry prior to being hired?  Since the housing market went bust, this double-dipper assists Doug Atkins in dealing with the ravages of foreclosed homes here.  I wonder how many of Middletown's foreclosures had anything to do with them?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 9:38am
Council always has the choice to fire her as well as hire her. The road goes both ways. Best thing for the city, given her performance, is to let her go and hire a competent person. Many more people in the city building that would fit this profile also. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 9:24am
I recall several years ago when my friend Jim Armbruster confided to me that his role in the hiring of Judy G. was the biggest mistake he made as a City Councillor.

I also recollect meeting Judy G. in passing shortly after she began working as our City Manager.  When briefily discussing housing issues in Middletown, she actually said, "I have very little background in community revitalization."

In summary, Jim was correct in his thinking and so was, unfortunately, Judy G.  She's best suited to work in Pickerington or some other suburban municipality and not one like troubled Middletown.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 6:19pm
Gilliland plays politics with donation of building to ACF and council stands by and let's it happen
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 11:59am

Wausau Paper has applied to the Ohio EPA for a permit to discharge [COLOR="#1c7dff">waste water[/COLOR"><obr> into the Hydaulic Canal. Of course we all know that our city government is all over the Hydraulic Canal problems, so there is no need to worry about why this hasn't been publicized.
Shouldnt suprise anyone.Not to long ago are spineless ones allowed SUNCHOKE build in back of a school and a nursing home.What kills me is that they allow AK Coke plant pollute everyday without any repercations.counting my days down to get the hell out of this Dead,polluted city.Wink
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Richard Saunders Richard Saunders wrote:

Has anyone else heard the rumor that the movers and shakers would be willing to make a deal with the devil himself to get the homeless out of downtown?

Richard, we certainly don't want any entity downtown that would ruin our theme of arts, education, coffee and finger food/fru fru shops and other "high end" entertainment. We will not tolerate, nor do we condone these vagabonds, heathens and riff raff cluttering our city gem now known as the "Culturally Enriched/Snobs Nob District" rather than the Downtown Area. No homeless person shall be seen within eyesight of our upscale cultural utopia we are trying to create. (This said when 90% of this town is not interested in their cultural intentions and will never venture there.) Don't know which one is worse......the ghettoland creation around town or the seemingly uppity/exclusionary mentality occuring downtown.

There is a bit of irony here in this town in that the city leaders are willing to make this the Section 8 capital of Ohio in certain parts of town, but are determined to make this obvious blue-collar town a cultural mecca in their precious downtown area. The two themes kinda combat each other and are polar opposites.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 5:05am
Has anyone else heard the rumor that the movers and shakers would be willing to make a deal with the devil himself to get the homeless out of downtown?
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 4:48am
News that you may not have heard from our City Manager lately:

Wausau Paper has applied to the Ohio EPA for a permit to discharge waste water into the Hydaulic Canal.  Of course we all know that our city government is all over the Hydraulic Canal problems, so there is no need to worry about why this hasn't been publicized.

Those good public servants, the Schiavones, have petitioned to establish a homeless shelter or group home with social services in a former restaurant structure in a C-1 Convenience Commercial District) wherein such uses are not permitted.

For questions please contact Marty Kohler,  Planning Director@ martyk@cityofmiddletown.org or 513.425.7922.

I don't believe that these items were intentionally withheld from the public.  I'm sure that they just got overlooked, what with all the other great news that abounds lately.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 10:31am
Still comes down as to how everyone stands on taxpayer-funded grant/loan $$ out there already

Maybe M29 could FINALLY post a list of who has grants/loans out there and their current status on those situations. Who is behind, defaulted and the terms for the payoffs.Maybe entitities currently on the public dole should pay off their existing situations in a more expedient term b4 they try to purchase other properties in the area. Maybe quit wasting time talking about my company and iterest-bearing loans paid in full(and early) decades ago, and concentrate on the current tangled situation. How about the Duncan Iol deals/properties?

While not cash-rich, I don't believe that ACF is on the hook for $$ owed at this time.
But what programs have ACF been operating in the last year, and specifically in their current location?

Enough taxpayer projects wasting $$ long-term, it is time for the private sector to put up or shut up down there.Make it happen without opm, and admin moves on to problems in the rest of the city.

Been driving by C St at various times of the day--doesn't seem to be much going on there.
Am I missing something(loaded ? I realize)
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 9:56am
when does the insanity stop!!!!
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 6:43am
The fiasco over the ACF building donation should be the last straw for City Council.

Gilliland does not know what she is doing.

The Moorman's offered to buy the Masonic Temple building.

Why would she give it away?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic