FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meadows Restaurant Closed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alien View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meadows Restaurant Closed
    Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:33am
After nearly 80 years, the Meadows Restaurant has closed their doors. Sad to see a landmark like this go away.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 11:54am
ALOT OF FOLKS HAVE PASSED THROUGH THE DOORS THERE. ALWAYS WAS A LITTLE FLAW WITH THE MEADOWS BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION. POPULAR WITH THE HIGH ROLLERS BACK IN THE 50's, 60's and 70's.

SUCH A SHAME AS ANOTHER LANDMARK REMINDING US LONG TERMERS OF HOW NICE THE TOWN WAS, IS NOW A MEMORY. SAD.

ENOUGH SENTIMENTALITY.......

OK CITY LEADERS AND SUPPORTERS OF SECTION 8. LET'S RIP HER DOWN, HAUL HER AWAY AND BUILD BRAND NEW SPIFFY HUD SPONSORED, GOVERNMENT ASSISTED HOUSING AND GUM THE TOWN UP SOME MORE. OR, AT LEAST, CREATE SOME MORE "GREEN SPACE".
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:58pm
Viet Vet -

I've decided not to participate in the S8 program any longer at the end of this year.  While I only have a couple of rentals, I felt it best to do my part to get out of this wasteful HUD bureaucracy.  While my rents will drop somewhat, I can manage.  I am blessed with decent tenants.

Our once proud country missed a wonderful opportunity to curtail the spread of government handouts when Hussein Obama was sadly re-elected.

Digger-2
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by digger-2 digger-2 wrote:

Viet Vet -

I've decided not to participate in the S8 program any longer at the end of this year.  While I only have a couple of rentals, I felt it best to do my part to get out of this wasteful HUD bureaucracy.  While my rents will drop somewhat, I can manage.  I am blessed with decent tenants.

Our once proud country missed a wonderful opportunity to curtail the spread of government handouts when Hussein Obama was sadly re-elected.

Digger-2

Would have been interesting to have seen what, if anything, Romney and the Repubs would have done to all this freebie, taxpaying sponging going on now. One of the things I don't like about the Dems.(along with the illegals getting bennies too) Too insistent on supplying social programs that include freeloaders. I congratulate you on dropping the Section 8 program, knowing it may lower your rental fees to non-section 8 tenants. If more landlords would do that, perhaps the city would have fewer opportunities to house their overabundance of this program. Still don't like the program, especially in the numbers this city has. More negatives than positives IMO.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Originally posted by digger-2 digger-2 wrote:

Viet Vet -

Digger-2

Would have been interesting to have seen what, if anything, Romney and the Repubs would have done to all this freebie, taxpaying sponging going on now. One of the things I don't like about the Dems.(along with the illegals getting bennies too) Too insistent on supplying social programs that include freeloaders. I congratulate you on dropping the Section 8 program, knowing it may lower your rental fees to non-section 8 tenants. If more landlords would do that, perhaps the city would have fewer opportunities to house their overabundance of this program. Still don't like the program, especially in the numbers this city has. More negatives than positives IMO.

At some point when the countries credit with china ends a lot of freebies will have to end. Just read some where that Ohio will be decreasing families food stamps by 50.00 a month starting in January and they waited until after the election to announce it (imagine that) We will look like the riots in Greece when the government stops hading out freebies and has to reign in spending Iam afraid its a race to the bottom.
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 3:46pm
Viet Vet -

As much as Doug Atkins blusters on and on about his headline-making plans and programs, he, too, is a big part of the city's problem.  Look at how cavalierly he wasted millions of NSP funds just because HUD said it was acceptable.  And then there's the re-allocation of other HUD funds for downtown pet projects.  Additionally, he's demolishing everything in sight with no viable plan to revitalize these Ward 2 and 1 (part) neighborhoods.  Now, he's utilizing his stellar legal training to take on HUD regarding the excessive number of S8 units in town.  He surely must have strained shoulders from patting himself on the back so often.

Digger-2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic