Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 18, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let It Be Council, Let It Be.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let It Be Council, Let It Be.
    Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:58am
Journal...

Council OKs “longevity pay” for city employees
City manager refuses 3 percent bonus pay

MIDDLETOWN —
Even though City Manager Judy Gilleland formally declined to take the 3 percent bonus council offered, the offer is still on the table.

Council approved by a 6-1 vote the annual pay and benefits ordinance early last week. The legislation retained the clause that allows the city manager to be eligible to receive 3 percent of his or her base pay after five years of service. All other employees must wait until their 10th anniversary before they can receive the pay

KINDA EXCLUSIONARY, ISN'T IT? 5 YEAR WAIT VERSUS 10?

Councilman A.J. Smith was the lone dissenting vote on the pay and benefits ordinance. However, he said his “no” vote was supporting Gilleland’s decision

WHAT ABOUT YOU, LAUBACH AND SCOTT-JONES? WHY DID YOU VOTE YES? I CAN UNDERSTAND THE OTHER PUPPETS GOING ALONG WITH THIS, BUT WHY YOU TWO?

She said she will “stand by my employees and decline the benefit,” and the offer shows the confidence City Council has in her as the city manager.

AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM. COUNCIL HAS CONFIDENCE IN HER, DESPITE HER LACK OF ABILITY TO MAKE A DECISION WITHOUT HELP. DESPITE, SINCE BEING HERE, HAS CONTRIBUTED IN RUNNING THE TOWN INTO THE GROUND. DESPITE HER MISDIRECTED VISION FOR THIS CITY. C'MON COUNCIL. LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE IN THE CITY MANAGER'S SLOT. HARDLY DYNAMIC WITH A TAKE CHARGE MENTALITY. QUITE THE OPPOSITE.

"LONGEVITY PAY" HUH? LOOKS LIKE YOU GET SOME EXTRA MONEY FOR IT IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR. YA GET A LAPEL PIN, A THANK YOU LETTER AND A CAKE IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR UNLESS YOU'RE OVER 20 YEARS.......THEN, SOMETIMES, YOU GET SHOWN THE DOOR BECAUSE COMPANIES NO LONGER WANT TO PAY FOR ADDITIONAL RETIREMENT AND HIGHER WAGES FOR YOU. THEY CAN HIRE SOME YOUNG PERSON, NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY RETIREMENT INITIALLY AND A LOT LOWER WAGE FOR SOME INSTANT COST SAVINGS. JUST ASK THE PEOPLE AT P&G WHO ARE GOING THROUGH YET ANOTHER DOWNSIZING TO CLEAR OUT THE OLDER EMPLOYEES AND START WITH SOME YOUNG, NEW BLOOD. WE AIN'T ON THE SAME PAGE FOLKS.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:57am
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 11:25am
I was thinking of McCartney singing this as I typed the title John. Good call.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 10:05am
It's a natural fit and good advice and a great song.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:12pm
I'm thinking of Leon Lett and the Dallas Cowboys on a Thanksgiving day game in the snow. 
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic