Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, April 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 year contract "too long"???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 year contract "too long"???
    Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 8:06am
Good grief!!!

"...the city manager did not want to offer Bevis a guaranteed two-year contract. She wrote that two years guaranteed “in today’s world is excessive.”"

I hope that the City Council remembers this when her contract is up, and quotes her very own words back to her!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:49am
I have met mr. Bevis over the years, and like him very much.
He was always excited about his position, and seemed to be moving
the facility in the right direction.

I also had heard that city admin had it in for the Fastrax crew and their
head man( with legal/tax issues). Still--Fastrax has been very involved and helpful
participating in community events at their own expense. I assume that they are vital
to the facility .

I know a few airport commission members
I will get their take on the situation.

Btw--what really goes on at Hook?
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:58am
Spider think the ? should be,What really goes on behinde closed doors in the city building?Ms Judy and her hinchmen are only out for one thing and that is to cover there own A$$.She and others need to go before this city goes deeper into the hole that her and the spineless ones put it in.None of them can speak the truth.They wouldnt know the truth if it bit them in the A$$.LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:25pm
You can make it happen council. You can rid the city of a poor city manager who seems to create controversy, make wrong decisions and has done more harm than good to this city........the Journal.....

Airport manager resigns, blames city manager

MIDDLETOWN —
Less than a month after information was “leaked” about city officials shopping Middletown Regional Airport/Hook Field to prospective buyers, the airport’s manager has tendered his resignation.

Rich Bevis, the airport’s manager since 2008, resigned Nov. 30 after submitting a scathing letter that blamed City Manager Judy Gilleland’s “mishandling” of business contracts, which has cost Middletown thousands of dollars in revenues, for his decision. He specifically pointed to a 201o contract with Start Skydiving that, he said, cost the city $70,000 a year and his personal business, B&B; Aero, about $35,000.

Gilleland declined to comment about Bevis’ departure or the points raised in his resignation letter other than to say “that change is often a good thing.”

“My staff and I are working with the airport commission to create a financially sustainable model for the airport operations,” Gilleland said. “We have some great things going on at the airport, Start Skydiving and other businesses, that we need to build upon.”

Gilleland said the city has already received numerous calls from people interested in becoming the next airport manager.

SOUNDS LIKE JUDITH WANTED BEVIS GONE AT ALL COSTS AND IS RATHER INDIFFERENT ABOUT HIS DEPARTURE. MUST NOT HAVE FIT THE PROFILE FOR "A FRIEND OF CITY HALL". NO ROOM FOR A LOOSE CANNON WITH THE GILLELAND REGIME.

SHE'S GOTTA GO NOW COUNCIL. NO GOOD FOR THE CITY. SHE AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS NEED TO KEEP THEIR NOSES OUT OF THE AIRPORT OPERATIONS AND LET THE PRIVATE SECTOR DICTATE THE GROWTH AND DIRECTION. THEY CAN MINIMIZE THE DAMAGE BY STAYING IN THEIR OFFICES, DRINKING COFFEE ALL DAY AND NOT INVOLVING THEMSELVES IN DECISION MAKING. THE CITY WOULD BE BETTER FOR IT.

the city manager did not want to offer Bevis a guaranteed two-year contract. She wrote that two years guaranteed “in today’s world is excessive.”

LIKEWISE, YOUR STAY AS CITY MANAGER, GILLELAND, HAS "BEEN EXCESSIVE"....AND YES JUDITH, CHANGE IS "OFTEN A GOOD THING".

Edited by VietVet - Dec 18 2012 at 12:28pm
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 2:40pm
What will it take to rid our city of the blight that is our city manager.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:44pm
Gilleland herself says that “change is often a good thing.”
It is time for some changes at City Hall...on BOTH sides of the curvy counter!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
groundswat View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groundswat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 8:18pm
It is another example of this city manager turning her back to something she doesn't understand or makes her think.  Manage does include deligating which she cannot do because of her back seat driving condition. When Execs. come into town it's not just off the highway. My wife works for a company in town that relies on the airport for bringing in personnel from corporate. It is a entrance to this community.  The commission is now responsible for a business plan? At least thats how I read it. So are Boards and Commissions more than just advisory positions now? What a joke and a shame this individual is along with her so called employers. It has been qouted to me by several that both Mulligans were in this last meeting and the Mayor said " Shes in charge". The nice thing with the airport was the progressive thinking from Rich and crew.  Shes needs to be fired for not following councils orders to have Rich sign this last contract. Thanks for your dedication Rich if I had a position for you I'd hire you on the spot. 
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 1:53pm
Did everyone "love" the piece of FLUFF Ms.Gilleland had posted in the MJ? When she feels threatened or pushed aside she calls up the MJ to pat herself on the back. Love it!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 2:15pm
Ofcourse she also calls up the mayor to help with the "back patting" too.Boy, how much more myopic can council be?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic