FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HUD Section 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
SEEKING THE TRUTH View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 7:57pm
SOUNDS LIKE HUD'S SAYING YOUR FIRED
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 8:11pm
Watched 2nite's meeting--
Thanx 2 Ms.M and co. for their annual Light Up Middletown effort!
Great job as always--super local treat, with 1/3 of the vviusitors coming from out of county!

Thanx 2 Mr.Carolus for his long tenure, fair open attitude and conversation, and sensible demeanor.

Thanx 2 C St for coming to town with the perfect attitude and determination to make their area something eventually!

Thanx 2 Mr.A 4r his most excellent explanation and possibilities regarding the HUD discourse.
His plan makes sense 2 me--hopefully he has ahold of his nuts and his ducks r in a row.
This will be interesting 2 follow

Thanx 2 everyone who cares enough to speak up about the town and cares about making it better
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:20pm
WOW Can Doug Atkins be more "in your face" than at council tonight. Dougie, You are in VIOLATION by not filling the vouchers #. He has the gonads to ask for an extention to figure out what to do. We are headed toward a law suit because Dougie thinks he's not in violation. Council has no idea what is about to hit them. And then he ask BMHA to countinue with any leagal action against violation He preceives to be happening. He still wants to vilify the people involved in the program.He is the cancer in this program. I was appalled at the proclomation given to Hope House proclaming January as Homeless Month in Middletown. Then we have Doug trying to get rid of all "poor people" in Middletown. What hippocrits. Talking to people involved in the program, I think moving it to BMHA is the best option.Don't let us get into a law suit with HUD. jmo
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:37pm
The program needs to be removed from the city all they care about is keeping enough vouchers to allow the city to ask for Hud for money and like Joush said that money comes with a price. Doug run the program right and quit making it hard on the tenants. and landlords you are going to keep pushing these people around and they are going to all go to hud and then it will be really bad there has been alot of questionable actions that Mr Doug has been in forcing on this program its coming to a head and at the right time.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:08am
HUD hates publicity of any kind.
If you think HUD will continue to let Mr. Doug drag the Section 8 Program through the dirt month after month on the front pages of the newspaper …you’re in for a big surprise.
If you think HUD is going to give Mr. Doug a 90 day extension to answer their letter of
December 18, 2012……it just ain’t going to happen.
I believe City Hall’s contract with Nelson & Assoc is due for renewal in mid- March. So I believe that would be a perfect time to turn the program over to BMPH.
However City Hall wants the HUD money but they don’t want the HUD Programs. Lots of luck with that plan Mr. Doug.
Here’s the other big secret you need to know…HUD can fine City Hall for every day the Section 8 contract is in violation….$$$$$$$$$
HUD will not continue to sit back and let Mr. Doug flip them the bird and smile about it before the TV cameras.
HUD's going to squach Mr. Doug like a bug

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 6:43am
It'll be alright Vivian. Dougie and company will fix everything. After all, with their decisions of the past, haven't they taken this town in the right direction? New economic growth, new, abundant jobs, the "Cadillac" of Section 8 programs, a thriving downtown, open green spaces galore, money flow a-plenty, people fighting with each other just to relocate here, a fair, honest, open city government, smart people at the helm...... The new finance director thinks we're just fine. Judith thinks so too. Dougie's got a reason to be cocky. He knows how to tackle this HUD thing. Just needs an extension to figure out how.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:23am
The program needs to be removed from the city all they care about is keeping enough vouchers to allow the city to ask for Hud for money and like Joush said that money comes with a price. Doug run the program right and quit making it hard on the tenants. and landlords you are going to keep pushing these people around and they are going to all go to hud and then it will be really bad there has been alot of questionable actions that Mr Doug has been in forcing on this program its coming to a head and at the right time.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:37am
I don't see what we have to lose by following Mr.A's approach----
Vouchers?
Govt.$$?
The program?

If he loses this battle, then instead of doing it HIS way, HUD/govt.takes it away anyway?

Our #s are way too high by any standard measurable, and the consequences have been brutal.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:27am
I for one was very exited about the artists from Cuba coming to Midd. This is a wonderful gester from Cinn St. I will not miss that when it happens. Just try to contain youselves at city hall. Let Cinn St handle it. But do hope Midd. Journal is all over it.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:43am
READ THE LETTER FROM HUD MRS MOON HAS POSTED THE LINK GET THE TRUTH NOT WHAT DOUG IS SAYING HE AND THE CITY IS NOW BACKED INTO A CORNER AND THOSE NUMBERS HE KEEPS SHOOTING OFF ARE NOT THE NUMBERS THAT THE COMPANY THAT WOULD BE HUD THE CITY'S BOSS  WANTS TO USE TO RUN THERE PROGRAM THIS IS NOT THE CITY'S PROGRAM TO RUN INTO THE GROUND AND MANIPULATE TO REDUCE THE VOUCHERS AND THE SO CALLED ATTORNEY MR ADKINS IF HE WAS GOOD AT BEING A ATTORNEY WHATS HE DOING NOW HUH ? DOUG TELL THE TRUTH TO THE CITY STOP THE ATTACKS ON THE LANDLORDS SUCH AS DAN TRACEY NOT GUILTY ClapGIVE IT BACK TO HUD. LISTEN TO JOSH THE CITY CAN RUN WITHOUT THE HAND OUTS SUCH AS HUD LOANS. WHO IS REALLY ON SECTION 8 THE VOUCHER HOLDERS OF THE CITY OR THE CITY ITSELF? MR ADKINS WAS SURE TO SAY WE WILL HAVE THAT MONEY SPENT BEFORE HUD CAN TAKE IT BACK  
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:56am
still don't see what the city has to lose by following Mr.A's plan.
As mentioned, we have no charges pending, and probably will have ample opportunity to rectify any up-coming issues.
One step at a time--and we may not be there yet.

We are seriously over-saturated with vouchers %-wise, and reduction to "normal" levels shouldn't be an unusual request.
If the city admin has to pay back HUD $$ due to attrition of vouchers, then so be it. They rode this train one way--round trip is reasonable to assume.

Interesting opinions from Mr.Faulkner(obviously a credible citizen/property owner), though it seems that he holds far fewer cards than Mr.A.  The govt.program has been used by landlords and Admin alike---time to level it to the gain of the rest of the community imo.

All of the blustering doom/gloom crisis here is pretty much hypothetical smoke at this time.
May well be real down the road, however I don't see any bloody axe falling.

Cut the couchers to under 10% subsidized housing level, regardless of what programs bear the brunt.
We need a much higher % of property owners with self-generated income. Will never get that by expanding subsidies imo.

Where am I wrong?
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 12:25pm
Personally I would like to see Middletown take on HUD, no matter what the legal actions in order to take back this city. 
If Middletown gets stuck with Section 8 housing, I wounder it there is a way they can designate one neighborhood as Section 8 housing that way they are all going to be concentrated in one area and not spread throughout the city?

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

Personally I would like to see Middletown take on HUD, no matter what the legal actions in order to take back this city. 
If Middletown gets stuck with Section 8 housing, I wounder it there is a way they can designate one neighborhood as Section 8 housing that way they are all going to be concentrated in one area and not spread throughout the city?

Don't see how that would happen ktf. Alot of Section 8 landlords participating in this saturated program with property scattered throughout the city with some exceptions. I'd like to see the Section 8 blight corraled and a nice high wall built around it- out of sight but not going to happen. We, the people, are stuck with this ghetto maker and we didn't even have a say-so in the decision to bring the disease here. Personally, I'd prefer to eradicate it all together but would settle for the 600-700 vouchers that we are suppose to have and send the rest to our deserved neighbors who took none when HUD was giving them out. They were smart. Our leaders were as dumb as a box of rocks as usual.

While I'm on the soapbox concerning Section 8 and our tax money being used to cater to the "needy" (and a certain % of leeches/criminals)

This town has been hurt badly by the acceptance of all these vouchers. Low class image, more crime, putting out the welcome mat for the criminal element from out of town...all for some fed dollars. We here in Middletown are like the feds with their immigration program. When the other countries want to purge their criminals and low lifes, they send them across the border to us. When the HUD folks want to find a home for their "clients", they send them to Middletown......and the leaders of this country just let 'em walk right in....just like the leaders of this town have done. Incredibly ignorant. None should be leaders.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

I for one was very exited about the artists from Cuba coming to Midd. This is a wonderful gester from Cinn St. I will not miss that when it happens. Just try to contain youselves at city hall. Let Cinn St handle it. But do hope Midd. Journal is all over it.
I, too, am very excited about this!!! If the "artists" can bring me a couple of boxes of Ramon Allones Specially Selected, I certainlly won't miss stopping to see them long enough to reward them handsomely for this gift.
My second choice would be Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2.  I would even be very happy with a box of each.
Of course, as soon as I get my hands on these fine cigars, I'd have to vacate the downtown area.  I'm sure that the powers that be wouldn't like me enjoying one of these exquisite smokes in their downtown.
Smiley Emoticon Smoking a Cigar - Royalty Free Clipart Picture
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

I, too, am very excited about this!!! If the "artists" can bring me a couple of boxes of
<span itemprop="itemReviewed">Ramon Allones Specially Selected, I certainlly won't miss stopping to see them long enough to reward them handsomely for this gift.
My second choice would be <span itemprop="itemReviewed">Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2.  I would even be very happy with a box of each.
Of course, as soon as I get my hands on these fine cigars, I'd have to vacate the downtown area.  I'm sure that the powers that be wouldn't like me enjoying one of these exquisite smokes in their downtown.
[URL=http://www.picturesof.net/pages/100216-035623-188042.html" rel="nofollow]

MG]http://www.picturesof.net/_images/Smiley_Emoticon_Smoking_a_Cigar_

Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_100216-035623-188042.jpg" height="57" width="100" alt="Smiley Emoticon Smoking a Cigar - Royalty Free Clipart Picture" title="Smiley Emoticon Smoking a Cigar - Royalty Free Clipart Picture[/IMG][/URL]
</span>
</span>

Oh THOSE are the fine cigars ehh? Hell, for years, I've been smoking A&C Grenediers and thinking I was in high cotton.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 8:52pm
What,no cohabas?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 9:37pm
kft When you concentrate ALL low income people into one area that's where all of the crime will be concentrated. Ask the police about that. I know you don't want to hear this,but you are actually better off to spread the vouchers through out the city. It's like putting too many cats in a box or only having a couple of cats in the box.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:26am
The city boarded up one of Mr Faulkners home as stated in the journal what they failed to tell the public was that Doug Adkins wrote him a letter stating the home was improperly boarded up lets see the house was boarded up at the end of 2008 that gave Mr Faulkner four years to get the city to fix the damage but no help from city and to be fair the board up was order when Mr Koler was in command you know Mr section 8 himself. I believe this was after the city was harassing Mr Faulkner for having a banner placed on one of the apartment buildings projects in the city that he brought back to life. I believe that a program can benefit this city if ran correctly such as
1. Get the fair market rents right that means a house on Baltimore st that a investor purchased in today's market should only get half of the market rent of the house unless that investor rehabs the building for example the market rent is 800.00 three bedroom the house has a old roof no siding or old dull paint single pane windows old furnace no ac old plumbing I just describe 80 percent of the downtown ok so the rent would only be in this condition 400.00 ok if MPHA would set up a scale increase in rents for the program wow problem solved see we only need to get the investors who own the properties a incentive to put the money back into the properties that will get them the rent that they want a new home in the community tax dollars for the city and permitt fees for the building department this is the way this program should be ran not everyone of the investors would agree but a lot of them do so we can keep the vouchers keep HUD happy quit beating up the landlords DOUG on the program to discourage them from inrollment of there properties I believe someone said once use what we got and make it work. Let's get to it And people let me tell you the city has violated the rights of the voucher holders of this program HUD is just giving them the chance to save face the water department has been tracking section 8 voucher holders and in writing told voucher holders that they have to pay old water bills off on properties that were never on the program and they were not a voucher holder at that time I have seen them that is why HUDonly wants county's to run this program no conflict of interest Doug but you already know this don't old boy get out while you can
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:21am

Council weighs options for response to HUD

By Michael D. Pitman

Staff Writer

MIDDLETOWN —

The city is not at risk of losing federal funding or being sued by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development if it proceeds with a plan to eliminate 1,008 Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers over the next five years — at least not right now, said Community Revitalization Director Doug Adkins.

“You’re at no risk right this minute,” Adkins told Middletown City Council at the board’s Tuesday meeting. “Zero.”

Adkins presented council members with five options for responding to a Dec. 21 letter the city received from HUD about its plan to cut Section 8 vouchers. In the letter, HUD officials told city officials that they needed to either fill Middletown’s available vouchers, transfer the city’s voucher program to the Butler Metropolitan Housing Agency or face possible legal action.

Adkins told council he disagreed with characterizations of HUD’s letter as being “strongly worded.” He said he thought the letter was “diplomatically written” given each side’s differing point of view on the matter.

“No fair housing or civil rights threats were made, no regulatory violations were cited,” said Adkins, a former attorney with the U.S. Labor Department. “We have been politely asked if we would like to walk away and give our program to Butler Metro… As an attorney, I’m looking for, where’s the hammer?”

Adkins said there is nothing in HUD’s regulations that says Middletown can’t cut vouchers. He said he’s “100 percent comfortable moving forward” with the city’s plan because HUD needs to cite the city before they can say any federal funding would be in jeopardy.

Still, Adkins said city staff would research and make a detailed presentation to council in two weeks about five ways they could respond to HUD’s letter. The options include:

• Transferring the program to BMHA as requested. Adkins said while it gets the city out of the public housing business and attention can be redirected to other issues, the city would “lose all the controls and safeguards that we have built into the program over the last three years and the vouchers will continue to stay concentrated in Middletown.”
  • Negotiating a transfer the program with conditions. BMHA would take over the program with the city’s standards, which includes honoring the city’s barred landlord list and adopting rent usefulness and payment standards to de-concentrate high poverty census tracts.
  • Transferring just the 1,008 vouchers to BMHA and continuing MPHA operations with the proposed 654 vouchers.
  • Keeping vouchers and negotiating to reduce other subsidized housing units, though Adkins said this option is the least likely HUD would consider.
  • To “politely decline” and move forward with what the city has proposed.

The city must respond to HUD’s letter by Jan. 31, however, Adkins told council he has asked for an extension until March so that the city could thoroughly review its options.

The proposal city leaders sent to HUD, which was approved by the Middletown Public Housing Agency on Oct. 16, reduces the city’s total subsidize housing to 10 percent of the city’s total housing stock. It also places the city in compliance for HUD regulations to have 95 percent of its vouchers filled. With more than 1,600 vouchers issued, the city only had about 82 percent of them filled.

Staff proposed and the MPHA board, which consists of all seven members of city council, approved the plan to reduce the vouchers to 654 and transfer the remaining 1,008 vouchers to another housing authority or back to HUD.

Jeff Faulkner, of Wilbraham Road and a Section 8 landlord, said he felt HUD’s letter was clear: comply by filling the available vouchers or risk losing the program and local control. Faulkner said he’s “fed up” with the process and the way the city is “beating up” Section 8 landlords with its strenuous property inspections.

Faulkner has sued the city in small claims court on Dec. 28 for boarding up his rental property at 2108 Winona Drive four years ago, and alleges it cost him potential income and thousands of dollars in repairs. He is seeking $3,000 plus interest from the city.

“This program now is getting a bad reputation of not being landlord friendly,” Faulkner said. “It’s all about the landlords. We’re the vendors, we’re the ones that own the homes, we make them available for people who need them.”

Councilman Joshua Laubach assured Faulkner that council wasn’t “unfairly going after or targeting landlords or Section 8 owners.” Laubach said the city’s plan is about maintaining local control of how Middletown looks demographically and not being governed by outside federal dollars.

But other council members expressed concerns about challenging HUD.

“My concern is the same as the vice mayor’s, that we run the risk of losing a lot of what we built over the last three years that I’ve been here,” Councilman A. J. Smith said.

If HUD comes back and says the city did violate some regulation, Adkins said City Council will have time to regroup and reassess its position because “they have to cite us with something, they have to find that we have broken something.” Then they have to allow the city to have an action plan to regain compliance.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 10:23am

In my humble opinion this discussion should not be about Section 8, landlords and tenants…this discussion should be about the TOTAL FAILURE OF CITY HALL over the past 20 years.
    The high concentration of poverty in certain areas of the city is a failure of the zoning and planning departments.
    The increase of the poverty levels belongs to those that were in charge of the HUD program (Planning Dept) because they REQUESTED the increases in Section 8 housing units because of greed and all that free government money that came along with the program and the failure of City Hall to bring new jobs into this community..
    The problems and blight that came with the increased poverty levels is a failure of City Hall because they did not use the HUD funding in the areas of greatest need to solve the problems that have occurred over the years.
    Now we are being told that the poor decision were made by other people in the past and we don’t need or want discuss these problems.
    Do you remember when I came on this blog a few years ago ranting and raving that City Council and Mr. Adkins had declared all of Middletown “Slumville USA” using the 54% rule so he could use HUD funding in any area of Middletown rather than the areas of greatest need?
    Do you remember when Mr. Adkins stood before City Council and said “Give me the power and I will make it happen”? Well it’s happening….and I find it very disturbing on sooo many levels.
    City Hall removed all the offices from THEIR DOWNTOWN so THOSE people would clutter their streets.
    Now that City Hall has wasted all the HUD money and devastated certain areas of the city they now want all of “THOSE” people gone.
    Several years ago City Hall was begging local business people to buy vacant properties in the area…now they want “THOSE PROPERTY INVESTORS” gone.
    News flash...the majority of “THOSE” peoples money is spent within the city limits at local businesses. “THOSE PROPERTY INVESTORS” pay property taxes for local schools and the payroll of City Hall. City Hall will go broke without the money “THOSE” people.
    And now City Hall wants to start a legal battle with HUD.
    This is now beginning to look like a
WAR AGAINST THE POOR.

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 10:50am
Pretty much on the money, Ms.Moon
Scapegoat the poor, who have only taken
what was offered(why shouldn't they?)
And whitewash the destructive actions of planning,
zoning, city managers, Councils and Commissions.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:55am

Spider
I wish HUD would walk into town tomorrow and remove every damn dime of HUD funding and you would soon see who it would affect most….and the answer isn’t “THOSE” people. I have seen the records and “THOSE” people have received very little of this money over the years.  
While CITY HALL HAS BEEN WELL FEED over the years.

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:35pm
Yes Ms.V
Voucher-holders and landlords have only taken advantage of what was openly offered to them.
They are honestly low on the list for blame, though they now scream bloody murder over something that should never have been a never-ending way of life. Everyone could see the damage to the community long-term

If $$ has to be returned--so be it
We shall hear the pigs squeal

I honestly see Mr.A's attempt as reasonable and necessary
As to what has been going on prior and within the process--not so sure
Tenants and landlords know far more than me
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:27pm
Exactly Spider.There are landlords that has taken advantage of this and should be kicked off the program.They have made there money far to easy IMO.Mr.Faulkner wants to complain about the "Inspections" but how long does it take to comply with what is suppose to be done? IMO you shouldnt be able to have over 5 properties under section 8.
Dont get me wrong,City Hall deserves every bit of what is about ready to come down on them.
greygoose View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greygoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 12:13am
Vivian,

You just can't help yourself when it comes to the negative spin that you put on "everything" that relates to the city's leadership. Several months ago, you were griping about the number of vouchers that "PAST" the city leaders allowed to accumulate. Now you have a couple of leaders that recognize that this was a mistake and you are critical of their efforts to correct the problem. You have no credibility to anyone other than your "chronies".

Although I am a supporter of Mr. Adkins and his efforts to attack the housing issues in this town, he is barking up the wrong tree on this issue. HUD has already gone on record that the only way that vouchers can be reduced is a reduction in need. The last time I checked, the poverty levels in Middletown have not improved.

GreyGoose
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic