FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Chop House - A Great Restaurant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lucas View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Chop House - A Great Restaurant
    Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 9:47am
Hey everyone, if you're ever looking for a wonderful dining experience, I suggest The Chop House in Centerville. I eat here regularly and it is exceptional.

over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:05pm
Lucus, Thanks for the review of the Chop House but all you say is that it's 3 min from the Dayton Mall,ok north,south,east or west. We need or at least I need an address please,or maybe directions.thanks again for sharing your opinion.
Lucas View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:36pm
over the hill,

Very good point! Duh! :)

The address for the Chop House is 7727 Washington Village Drive Dayton, OH 45459‎

The quickest way to get there is go I-75 N to I-675, take Exit 2 off of 675, turn right off the exit, go through the first traffic light and then turn at the first left in between Carver's and Chase Bank. The chop house is 1000 feet down the road on the left.
Read about my food experiences on Three Fat Guys Review blog: http://threefatguysreview.wordpress.com/
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:38am
I have to disagree.  We went there recently to celebrate a birthday, and the experience was disappointing.   The service and quality of the food were sub-par, especially given the cost.   I had heard good things about the place, but we won't be returning.  
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:51am
I've never been, however after this review, I'll have to give it a try.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:40am
What?  They are folks in Middletown who can afford to eat at fancy places like a Chop House? 

You'd think based on the comments here made by many, Middletonians could only afford the $1 menu at McDonalds.
Lucas View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Marianne Marianne wrote:

I have to disagree.  We went there recently to celebrate a birthday, and the experience was disappointing.   The service and quality of the food were sub-par, especially given the cost.   I had heard good things about the place, but we won't be returning.  

That's very disappointing to hear! Given that you've heard good things, I would encourage you to try it again. But, as the old saying goes, your mileage my vary.
Read about my food experiences on Three Fat Guys Review blog: http://threefatguysreview.wordpress.com/
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

What?  They are folks in Middletown who can afford to eat at fancy places like a Chop House? 

You'd think based on the comments here made by many, Middletonians could only afford the $1 menu at McDonalds.
Yes, they are folks in Middletown who can afford to eat in fancy places.  They are folks here who know how to use knives and forks and everything!!!

But please recall that Mr. Adkins convinced HUD that 54% of Middletonians, they are making less than, or within 15% of, federal poverty guideline levels.  They are folks who would more likely order off the dollar menu. 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Yep, I've stated the dollar menu affordability more than once in my posts swohio. And, given Middletown's demographics, and the types of sub-par paying jobs that have come to town, I still say that a greater percentage of Middletown folks, as we speak, will head to some fast food dollar menu in Middletown, rather than will be on their way up I-75 to the Chop Shop off of I-675. (Just a note...I think that is Washington Township, not Centerville isn't it?) Pass the exit everyday on the way to work. Isn't Centerville up north on 675 at Exit 4 or so? Not sure. Anyway, for God sake, when you are in Centerville, don't tell them you're from Middletown. They may laugh. High cotton up in Centerville nowadays.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic