FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

School Bd. Mtg & Mr. Pringle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School Bd. Mtg & Mr. Pringle
    Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 8:58am
Today's Journal...

Preacher wants statue built
Bishop Rudolph Pringle made a passionate — and lengthy — plea for the school board to erect a statue in the city recognizing Wilhelmina Prier for her work in getting an elementary school in the district named after Rosa Parks. He said the statue would allow all residents, regardless of their age, gender or race, to appreciate all of Prier’s tireless work.

AND WHERE WOULD THIS CONSTRUCTION MONEY COME FROM MR. PRINGLE? IT WOULD BE ALL TAXPAYER (OR CONTRIBUTOR) MONEY USED, WOULDN'T IT? THE SCHOOL BUDGET DOESN'T ALLOW FOR THIS. THE CITY BUDGET WOULDN'T HAVE FUNDS FOR THIS EITHER. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GARNER INTEREST IN YOUR AREA, OBTAIN AN ESTIMATE FOR A STATUE AND BUILD IT FROM YOUR OWN COLLECTED PROJECT MONEY, IN YOUR CHOICE OF LOCATION, RATHER THAN TO APPROACH THE SCHOOL BOARD AND SUGGEST THE WHOLE COMMUNITY PAY FOR IT. IT IS YOUR SPECIAL IDEA, YOUR SPECIAL PROJECT, YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN IF YOU BELIEVE IN IT THAT STRONGLY.

BY THE WAY, THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PEOPLE ACROSS ALL ETHNIC GROUPS THAT HAVE MADE SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS TO AND DONE "TIRELESS WORK" FOR THE CITY. PERHAPS A SINGLE STATUE, FUNDED BY MONEY FROM THE WHOLE COMMUNITY, CENTRALLY LOCATED, WITH ALL CONTRIBUTOR'S NAMES ON IT WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE. WHY SINGLE OUT JUST ONE PERSON WHEN MANY HAVE DONE THE SAME? LET'S GIVE ALL CREDIT RATHER THAN MAKING JUST ONE A MARTYR. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Today's Journal...

Preacher wants statue built
Bishop Rudolph Pringle made a passionate — and lengthy — plea for the school board to erect a statue in the city recognizing Wilhelmina Prier for her work in getting an elementary school in the district named after Rosa Parks. He said the statue would allow all residents, regardless of their age, gender or race, to appreciate all of Prier’s tireless work.

AND WHERE WOULD THIS CONSTRUCTION MONEY COME FROM MR. PRINGLE? IT WOULD BE ALL TAXPAYER (OR CONTRIBUTOR) MONEY USED, WOULDN'T IT? THE SCHOOL BUDGET DOESN'T ALLOW FOR THIS. THE CITY BUDGET WOULDN'T HAVE FUNDS FOR THIS EITHER. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GARNER INTEREST IN YOUR AREA, OBTAIN AN ESTIMATE FOR A STATUE AND BUILD IT FROM YOUR OWN COLLECTED PROJECT MONEY, IN YOUR CHOICE OF LOCATION, RATHER THAN TO APPROACH THE SCHOOL BOARD AND SUGGEST THE WHOLE COMMUNITY PAY FOR IT. IT IS YOUR SPECIAL IDEA, YOUR SPECIAL PROJECT, YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN IF YOU BELIEVE IN IT THAT STRONGLY.

BY THE WAY, THERE HAVE BEEN MANY PEOPLE ACROSS ALL ETHNIC GROUPS THAT HAVE MADE SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS TO AND DONE "TIRELESS WORK" FOR THE CITY. PERHAPS A SINGLE STATUE, FUNDED BY MONEY FROM THE WHOLE COMMUNITY, CENTRALLY LOCATED, WITH ALL CONTRIBUTOR'S NAMES ON IT WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE. WHY SINGLE OUT JUST ONE PERSON WHEN MANY HAVE DONE THE SAME? LET'S GIVE ALL CREDIT RATHER THAN MAKING JUST ONE A MARTYR. JMO

ah yes the good "bishop" pringle has spoken.did they cave in to him on the spot or did they need 2 minutes to think about it?

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 11:18am
Bishop Pringles is a good man and my long-time friend.
Just because he asks for something doesn't mean that it should happen exactly as he says.
There are a lot of wonderful contributing people in this community
(many on this site!). They don't need monuments, however a little
recognition may be a nice gesture.

Seems that we have recognized/honored/dedicated the whole town
to one basketball player four times in the last ten years, and other athletes
have streets named after them. Honoring a few of our premier
educators(actually Elmon AND Wilhelmina) would be fitting IMO
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:07pm
Seems that we have recognized/honored/dedicated the whole town
to one basketball player four times in the last ten years, and other athletes
have streets named after them. Honoring a few of our premier
educators(actually Elmon AND Wilhelmina) would be fitting IMO

GOOD IDEA SPIDER. INSTEAD OF A MONUMENT IN THE FORM OF A STATUE, AS PRINGLE SUGGESTS, NAME A STREET AFTER HER. LITTLE COST AND PROVIDES ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AS PRINGLE SUGGESTS. WASN'T ATTACKING THE MAN ON A PERSONAL BASIS. DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM. WAS ATTACKING HIS SUGGESTION THAT THE WHOLE COMMUNITY PAY FOR WHOM HE THINKS NEEDS TO BE HONORED, ALBEIT ONE PERSON....THAT'S ALL.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:28pm
I don't even mean a street name.
Have a day in honor-- one time
A certificate or plaque
Just a simple and sincere ceremonial thank you.
A classroom or auditorium at rosa parks named
Something respectful and meaningful
I Wonder View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I Wonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:32pm
I wonder if Bishop Pringle realizes there is already a plaque at Rosa Parks honoring Mrs. Prier? 
enough is enough View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enough is enough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:08pm
Sounds like Mrs. Prier has already been recognized. Does anyone have a list of her accomplishments?  
Enough is Enough
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:25pm
Wow
I did principal for a day there with Kee
Very impressed with facility and operations
Missed the recognition
I am sure that she feels appreciated
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic