Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 25, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HUD to Mayor Larry Mulligan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 6:20pm
Over The Hill,

Fed $$ Have a way of loosening peoples tongues in their favor.  I know several S8 landlords in Middletown and their main concern is the Fed $$ going into their pockets.  I've been to several city meetings when Landlords swore their S8 renters were the next thing to God and walked on water.

PacmanCool
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 10:07am
WOW,Packman, when I had breakfast with a landlord this morning and relaid your posting he said he must have missed that meeting because the few sec8 properties he has is more like babysitting than renting, though, he said some are good,some are bad,sometimes he said,you find out too late about the bad ones after they tear up your property.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 10:07pm
Over The Hill,

Your Point Being???
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 11:08am
From Channel 9 WCPO

HUD taking hard look at Middletown housing vouchers

• By: Maxim Alter, WCPO Digital

MIDDLETOWN, Ohio -- Federal housing authorities are ready to take a hard look at housing voucher practices in Middletown.

Some say next month's audit is routine, but others believe it's because the city is cutting back on voucher use.

Middletown's mayor received a letter on May 31 indicating the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will review the Middletown Public Housing agency for one week starting July 15.

While acting city manager Les Landen called this review routine, it's the words in the section 8 analysis released last October that drew HUD's attention.

The analysis states Middletown can have 1,662 vouchers -- the highest number in Butler County -- and twice as many as Hamilton.

That puts pressure on the police department for more service calls as the sworn force is reduced and budgets are cut. It's the same for the fire department.

The document also states the number of working poor is up and 21 percent of the 48,000 residents in Middletown are living below poverty level.

More than 70 percent of students in Middletown qualify for federally-assisted lunches.

But city leaders say they want to turn things around and attract higher paying jobs – and reducing the voucher number to 10 percent of the housing stock is part of that long-term plan.

City leaders would like only 10 percent of the housing stock in the city to be subsidized, not the 14 percent it currently is. The report says the city is "over the tipping point" and that points to problems.

Vouchers allow participants to live in approved HUD units spread throughout the city.

“If this program's done and it's ran correctly, the person that's living on that street that is getting some help from HUD, from the federal government, the neighbors should never know that they're receiving it," landlord Jeff Faulkner said.

Faulker has been a landlord in Middletown for 20 years and wants to keep section 8 vouchers as part of his business.

This 40-unit complex has eight section 8 residents and overall he has 25 to 30 vouchers out of 150 units.

He says the vouchers allow people to better themselves.

“This community needs it and there's a lot of people saying that it doesn't, but…we have a lot of vacant homes that could be filled,” Faulkner said.

The Middletown Public Housing agency board meets tomorrow at 5:30 p.m.

The board consists of Middletown council members and the city manager.

Tom Mckee, 9 on Your Side contributed to this report

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_north_cincinnati/middletown/hud-taking-hard-look-at-middletown-housing-vouchers

ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 11:16am
This was from 06/17/2013, and the Link leads to the article and video that appeared on last nights newscast.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 11:37am
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 12:16pm
"The analysis states Middletown can have 1,662 vouchers -- the highest number in Butler County -- and twice as many as Hamilton"

And Hamilton is how much larger than Middletown population-wise?

“If this program's done and it's ran correctly, the person that's living on that street that is getting some help from HUD, from the federal government, the neighbors should never know that they're receiving it," landlord Jeff Faulkner said.

Faulker has been a landlord in Middletown for 20 years and wants to keep section 8 vouchers as part of his business

PROBABLY DOESN'T MATTER TO FAULKNER THAT THE OVERSATURATION OF SECTION 8 IS CONTRIBUTING TO AN INCREASE IN CRIME AND STRAINS THE POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS. PROBABLY DOESN'T MATTER TO FAULKNER THAT THE IMAGE OF THE CITY HAS CHANGED FROM A RESPECTABLE MIDDLE CLASS WORKING COMMUNITY TO ONE NOW KNOWN FOR THE GHETTO THEME AND NOTHING BUT LOW INCOME AND ALL THAT THAT IMAGE ENTAILS.....NO, OLD JEFF DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THAT. JUST WANTS TO FILL THE OLD POCKETS FULL WITH FREE HUD FED MONEY. KINDA OBVIOUS WHAT OLD JEFF'S INTENTIONS ARE WITH RESPECT TO SUPPORT OF THIS PROGRAM, ISN'T IT?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 1:09pm
You hit the nail on the head Vet.Faulkner is making money off of us taxpayers and doesn't care on bit about his renters.His motto is "I rent to anyone,send me my check."
I was approached on one of my house's from a person on section 8 wanting to rent and denied them.There comeant to me was,You cant deny me cos Im on section 8.LOLMy response was,I can deny anyone its my property.
My wish Is that HUD finds something wrong with something that are great SPINELESS ONES have done wrong and socks it to them.Smile
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 1:21pm
LMAO...I don't understand why you would hope that HUD finds something wrong with the Middletown HUD program.  All this would do is create a diversion and make it harder to reduce the number of vouchers.  It may also cost the city money which, of course, comes out of our pockets.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by processor processor wrote:

LMAO...I don't understand why you would hope that HUD finds something wrong with the Middletown HUD program.  All this would do is create a diversion and make it harder to reduce the number of vouchers.  It may also cost the city money which, of course, comes out of our pockets.

It will show that the Spineless Ones they cant do things that are against the law,will make them to comply or give up the vouchers to Butler County. As in money coming out of are pockets,every time they tear down or buy  up a property in Middletucky it cost us,not them.Smile

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 3:47pm
Some say next month's audit is routine

Oh this is anything but a rountine visit from HUD.
How many taxpapayers dollars will be wasted to fight this HUD case that was caused by our City Council Members?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 3:52pm
They think they can use HUD administrative money to pay for this.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:04pm
If we can cut vouchers significantly, then the ordeal may well be worth the expense.
Depends on how HUD views local operations, which have seemed very ?able at times, particularly as to how the $$ was used IMO.
Adkins has played his hand well, however he can't be responsible for decisions and spending before his watch. Actually this whole crew is not responsible
For most of the chicanery.

Tonight's meeting should be interesting enough, though probably business as usual.
Libertarian View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libertarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:30pm
You might consider visiting the nearest Opthamologist as your vision might be significantly impacted.  You actions remind many of the rock band 'Blind Faith.'  And, by the way, there's volumes of documented information on this blog that proves so much waste and ill-planned projects over the past four years.  I don't expect you to acknowledge the truth.  How interesting that you spend so much of your time defending some city employees.  Of course, you know them all and they are amongst your best freinds and acquaintances.  Someday you can tell us more about your days as a 'high roller.'

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 10:56pm

If people like Faulkner didn't exist then maybe a working family would have a chance at buying the low cost properties to rehab and live in them ,but if you look at the listings all the more "desirable" foreclosed properties get bought up by the slumlords they throw a few thousand dollars into them and wallah they now have rental property for low lifers to live on our streets. A house across the street from us set empty due to an estate being settled, a slumlord bought it and put some paint on it and there have been 3 or 4 different sets of scumbags living there in the last year or so. They better hope I never win the lottery because I would pick out houses on the slumlords streets buy them and let the lowest level people I could find live there free and tell them its ok to turn up there music loud as they can and scream and cuss all day and night. Thanks Asshats

processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 9:42am
LMAO.  Of course the city council and admin need to follow the law or be held accountable.  Why do you think that they aren't following the law?  I thought the audit, ostensibly, was to review for potential racial discrimination.  However I agree with Vivian that the real purpose is to try and put fear into our city officials so that they back down on their quest to reduce the number of vouchers.  Also just moving the vouchers to Butler county to administer won't help and may make it worse as all the county officials will do is dump them back on Middletown.

I agree with very little that council/admin does and wish that they were taking the vouchers to ZERO, but I support them in their quest to significantly reduce them.  They are on the right track and need our support.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 10:14am
Iunderstand about reducing the vouchers,but is anyone disturbed by the man that was at the meeting talking about ANOTHER incedent with Adkins bulling people,Is this like the 4th public report of his unacceptable public behavior? Is any one going to call him on it.This man came from Hamilton to the meeting to report this to city council.I find that disturbing.
darcy1969 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcy1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

NEWS FLASH!
HUD has sent a certified letter to Mayor Larry Mulligan dated 5-31-2013
HUD will be doing a complete invesigation of the Section 8 Program from July 16, 2013 to July 18, 2013
The do-do is getting ready to hit the fan at City Hall
Darcia
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 7:38pm
beware Obama the great redistributor of wealth has sent his henchmen to protect the poor drug addicts and thieves of the city, all they want is to be like me and you and have a place to live and party at, they just don't want to work for any of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic