FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spinning Fork

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinning Fork
    Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 10:02am
Did my eyes deceive me Saturday afternoon or did I see the Spinning Fork logo on a place in the verity strip center? Is this the same Spinning Fork as the Rt 4 location? I actually enjoy their food so I hope that is it. Interesting location choice.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 10:23am
Yes it is.
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 4:20pm
If by "interesting" you mean completely asinine and doomed to fail then, yeah, it's an interesting choice...
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 4:35pm
Well, hopefully it will work out for them. If people are familiar with their food and come to eat there.
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 4:51pm
Yes that locale has been challenged but their food is not bad really and could draw folks in. For comparison it is probably about $1-2 per person cheaper than Olive Garden. To me the food at SF tastes more homemade than OG but obviously everyone has a different palette. The OG's breadsticks are light years better and their salad is also mighty tasty but for the actual entrees I like SF. We'll see. Is the place open yet?
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 10:06am
I don't get into Middletown very often but did the Spinning Fork ever open?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:32am
It's open and has a nice menu and some decent wines too.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:26pm
We've been very pleased with Spinning Fork.  Good food and staff is always on their game and ready to help you.
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:43pm
Thanks we will definitely hit that up, sounds delicious.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:40pm
We had stopped and ate there Saturday night. In-fact I did a U-Turn when I saw it trying to find a place to eat. The food was definitely good. The only down side was the Salad with no Tomatoes. Other than that not a bad place to eat.

The one trend that is driving me nuts with the restaurant industry is the instance on having a sports bar feel. I miss being able to just sit down, and have a conversation, instead of being distracted by some game on TV.
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 2:50pm
We stopped in on Saturday about 3:30 or so and had a great meal and leftovers for Sunday mid-morning brunch, yum. Funny about the salad, my wife and I hate tomatoes in our salads so funny you said that, they probably should be available to those that want them. Our waitress was super nice and attentive, finally someone that actually knows how to provide service where the people eating WANT to tip you high. I am a beer drinker so to get a decent size pitcher of bud light for $8 was very surprising. The timing was also very good, many times places have everything out of sorts, rushing around or taking too long on certain items. Drinks, a little time, order, salads and sticks pretty quick, time to eat salads and talk, meal. I can't tell you how many places we eat where this timeline is all over the place depending on what each person orders. Dining out like this is supposed to be an experience and fun talk time, thumbs up for my first visit to this location.
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 6:17pm
Sounds like a worthwhile place to check out. My wife and I try to go out to lunch together at least once a week.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 4:36am
Originally posted by Historic House Guy Historic House Guy wrote:

My wife and I try to go out to lunch together at least once a week.
Well isn't that nice! Once a week for lunch, huh? You sound really special. Do you try to eat dinner with her once in a while as well?
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:49am
Well isn't that nice! Once a week for lunch, huh? You sound really special. Do you try to eat dinner with her once in a while as well?    
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:04pm
Hey Bumper, or Richard Saunders, is this your best punch when you can't find a YouTube video to post? I'm sorry if having a date in Middletown once a week with my wife offends you...(not)
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:31pm
hey house, Im not throwing any punches, when I do I will let you know jack!! I was having a good morning laugh!! makes my day to wake up and get a good laugh,thanks Richard!! and if I was to find a youtube vid that would make you that butt of the joke I will post.. sorry about you having a date in Middletown!! much better places to go outside of your city limit.. now say your sorry!!!! Jack
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Historic House Guy Historic House Guy wrote:

I'm sorry if having a date in Middletown once a week with my wife offends you...(not)
While that may be what your wife finds offensive, that's the least of what I find offensive about you, you pretentious, supercilious a__.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:18am
While that may be what your wife finds offensive, that's the least of what I find offensive about you, you pretentious, supercilious a__.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 11:01am
We stopped by the Spinning Fork for dinner last Friday and were not overly impressed. The place was nice and clean and the servers and front of house staff were very friendly and fast. The food on the other hand was okay but not stupendous.

The breadsticks seemed to be the same kind of generic straight off the Sysco truck and into the freezer breadsticks, and the house dressing on the salad was good but the flavor disappeared after the first chew. I think this might have been due to a poor choice of shredded cheese on the salad which killed the taste of the dressing. The pizza my son got was excellent and probably the high point of the meal. The eggplant parmesan my wife ordered was grey and she didn't eat much of it - it didn't taste very good at all. The gnocchi I ordered I enjoyed. The potato dumplings were very good but it looked like machine made mass produced instead of on site. The sauce was a mixture of their marinara sauce and their meat sauce. Wasn't very well mixed, like they spooned in the marinara, added the gnocchi, then dumped a ladle of the meat sauce in the middle. And the meat sauce tasted exactly like Gold Star Chili.

Slightly better fare than Olive Garden but I think the next time I'm in the mood for Italian I'll probably just pay the extra $20 for a meal at Stefano's.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic