FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Obama and the Super Delegates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obama and the Super Delegates
    Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 7:35am
If you read Ed Richter's stories about the super delegates for Obama, he interviews several super delegates- (Mr. Hightower, Mr. Smith and Ms. Ford are mentioned). I realize that the focus of this particular story is on the reactions of the appointed super delegates, but one gets the impression that when Mr. Richter ( or any reporter at the Journal) interviews anyone concerning Obama, he/they seem to choose only African-American's to approach, as if they are the only ones with an opinion about Obama. Is the assumption, by these reporters, that because Obama is African-American that African-Americans have a monopoly in the opinion category? This is a trend that I have noticed about their brand of reporting and, frankly, I mention it out of curiosity.Why not ask the other groups what they think of Obama as a Presidential candidate as well? It appears that your reporting may be catering to one select group and that's not diverse opinion reporting , is it?
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 10:49am
I think they want to make sure they tell the story from their bias. Clearly the Middletown Journal content bias is managed by parent company, COX Newspapers, a left leaning...

"unfair and out of balance" news source.

But they do cover sports quite well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic