Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, March 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Laubach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Josh Laubach
    Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 2:37pm
From MJ:
Laubach throws hat in council ring
By Rick McCrabb

Staff Writer

MIDDLETOWN —

Josh Laubach, who represents the Third Ward on Middletown city council, announced at last week’s council meeting that he will seek another term for council.

Laubach will be joined on the ballot for the two open seats by fellow council members Ann Mort and Dan Picard and Dora Bronston, the Middletown Area NAACP president, and John Jackson, a bank manager at Fifth Third. Councilman A.J. Smith, who represents the Second Ward, announced earlier he will not seek re-election.

Mayor Larry Mulligan, Joe Mulligan and Anita Scott Jones are not up for re-election for two more years.

The size of council is dropping from seven to five and the ward system is being eliminated. Election day is Nov. 5.

There's still hope!!!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 2:47pm
good news
at this time, I strongly support Mr.Laubaugh and Ms. Bronston
Ms.Mort and Mr.Picard are fine citizens and have served honorably, however their voting records simply don't follow what I want from a Councilperson. I predict that at least one of them will not be returned.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 7:30pm
Still on the fence to just vote for one person and that would be Ms Bronston. Josh had swayed a bit over to the dark side.We need someone that will keep on "HAMMING" into the others foggy brains that putting monies into downtown is just a waste of monies that could be used in other places.
Still waiting on the call from the city building agreeing to give me the Manchester.LOL

Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 6:40pm

Smartest thing AJ has done since being elected!!!

Once again, another pathetic slate of candidates running for a job they have no clue how to do!!!  What a mess Middletown had become as a result of poor leadership that lacks any vision!

Thank goodness the city manager runs the city and not council...lol!!

VOTE None of the above on November 5th
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 9:07am
imo best of the choices so far
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 10:14am
I like talking to Josh. A good person. Like alot of his ideas, his responses to the other's comments and his thought process. Think the man came into the job with the best intentions but got quickly ganged up on by the dark side council seat sitters. The Mulligans, Mort, Picard (Becker) and the city manager and her henchmen could frustrate even the most mild mannered person. I like Ms. Scott-Jones when talking to her. Sometimes I wonder what side she is on in her decision-making. Wish she would become more consistent while focusing on city affairs. AJ ?......Pleasant to talk to. Just caught up in his stance to protect the union too much IMO. Too much into the Obama social programs also. Probably too much negative baggage with the episode with Robinette and the electric line source fiasco to be effective anymore. Need another rep for that part of the city.....that being Ms. Bronston. Hope she takes the side of the people if elected. Josh (and sometimes Ms. Scott-Jones need allies). The city desperately needs more reps for the people and we need to oust the Mulligans, Mort and Picard IMO. Very bad for the city with their misguided thinking. I agree with all who want the city manager fired. Many more in her camp need to go also. Far too much damage has been inflicted.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic