Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - House passes bill to kill red light, speed cameras
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

House passes bill to kill red light, speed cameras

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: House passes bill to kill red light, speed cameras
    Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 5:57am
Clap looks like they might need to do an increase in section 8 Vouchers to make up for lost funds from the cams...LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 10:26am
IMO a good thing to turn off these cameras. One more step to eliminate BIg Brother government from people's lives. If the money tap is turned off for this and they reduce Section 8, the city leaders may actually have to start looking for revenue through the same sources that other cities acquire revenue......jobs creating income/corporate taxes. What a great concept.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 11:50am
If they decide to vote this down,Does it mean the people that has been cited and paid get there money back?

itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 8:49am
From what I understand, and I may be wrong, the amount of income generated is small due to Middletown having to pay a lease on the cameras in the first place. I have heard the amount paid to Middletown is a small fraction of the overall bill after all is said and done. 
Itsa me, mario!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic