FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting item in the City Manager's Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting item in the City Manager's Report
    Posted: Aug 30 2008 at 12:31pm
I found the inclusion of a paragraph from the International City Manager's newsletter about Alabama charging its overweight employees a surcharge for their insurance an interesting item to include. 

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2008 at 7:31pm
This is nothing new, they have tried this with smokers in the past in some places.  In reality most city employees are pretty well paid, charging them $25.00 per month is going to do what exactly......make them think twice about that 3rd piece of pizza.....I seriously doubt it.

Lets be realistic charging someone that makes $40,000.00-100,000.00+ a year $25.00 per month as a punishment or inducement to lose weight is pretty ridicules and accomplishes nothing.  Thumbs%20Down

That $25.00 a month will more than pay for a membership at TAC right Stu.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2008 at 11:13am
I think insurance companies will be charging more for high health risk employees.

This will have the effect of discrimination on the basis of health.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2008 at 6:27pm
I don't know John I think Insurance companies are gonna be on the hit list of whoever is elected President.
tkunkle View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkunkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2008 at 1:20pm
I also think insurance companies will be charging more for high health risk employees.
It will effect more of the health issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic