FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Demolishing Middletown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trotwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trotwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Demolishing Middletown
    Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 5:16pm
Just wondering if there was any mass-scale demolition happening in Middletown? And if you all believe there should be?

Middletown seems like an ideal place for industry, not housing. So is anyone demolishing all of the old housing so new distribution centers/light industrial/etc. can be built instead?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:18pm
How dare you suggest such a thing!!!  I'm certain that a warrant for your arrest, should you ever enter the Middletown city limits, is being prepared right now.

Why "distribution centers/light industrial/etc" would result in some noise, traffic, hubbub--why, some dust and dirty fingernails--and even (GASP) some growth!!! We just can't have those types of things. Thumbs Down

Our objective is "a quaint village of about 20,000"!!!  (And we prefer doctors, lawyers, rocket scientists and artsy types--with just enough blue collars to clean up for us, thank you.)  Read our Master Plan before you make any more suggestions, please!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 7:33pm
Trotwood,
Please contact Mr. Atkins downtown.  They are taking down about 3500 homes.  Hope you work cheap.

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 8:35pm
do not demolish any more houses ,the huge wave of future newly legalized illegals we are about to recieve [thanks asshats in d.c.} will need all the section 8 our slumlords can muster.

itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:04am
I know its not the exact topic...but, they should relocate downtown near the highway and demolish the old downtown....(I will not shield myself from flying tomatoes).
Itsa me, mario!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:04am

No No Trotwood
    Mr Adkins has a much better plan. You demo one house from each side of the block and sell the lots to the next door neighbors. So the properties become worthless.
    If City Hall cleared a four block square area it would require a lot of thought and work to decide what could be built on the property to provide jobs in the area.

Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:20am

itsamee, good thought but it would involve way too much money not only in demo but new construction. 

Gordon View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Trotwood Trotwood wrote:

Just wondering if there was any mass-scale demolition happening in Middletown? And if you all believe there should be?

Middletown seems like an ideal place for industry, not housing. So is anyone demolishing all of the old housing so new distribution centers/light industrial/etc. can be built instead?

That's crazy talk! 

Distribution centers / light industrial and in general .. jobs, would upset the Section 8 voters. 

Never happen!

OK, I'll stick to complaining about food : ) 
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:55am
Sounds good to me Gordon..
Well I guess I need to get back in the kitchen and finish baking my cheesecake   Big smile
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 12:16pm
If only they had bought the Ghost Town mall and made it the new city building....too little too late I guess. 

Itsa me, mario!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic