Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Run For City Council

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by crazycatcher crazycatcher wrote:

Hey HISTORIC HOUSE GUY and this is JUST MY OPINION in response to VIETVETS post for you. Basically what you have discovered is a forum for predominately one-sided thinking by a bunch of old farts hanging on to the past and not taking any responsibility for the future. They get on here and post everything as if it is the word of God and then type JMO to relieve them of any guilt or longing to be better people towards unfortunate situations.

Those days that VET talks about were enjoyed by more than just the few that continue to bash everyone and anyone associated with the city. So yes there are people that live here that still enjoy living here and have a fairly positive outlook. I still love my hometown. While Vet is also smacking your hand for being rude and even perhaps ill-informed you will soon discover that you can’t argue with the management. And while we know they can’t move out of this town, blah, blah, blah sometimes some of us wish they would. Negativity is like a cancer but some on this forum have not figured that out yet, IN MY OPINION.

Also, you’ll notice that they love to speak for the populous of our city and by no means, IN MY OPINION do they. In fact, if you are around town and speak to people, most of the time the conversations on this forum are the brunt of laughter and that most people think, IN THEIR OPINION, that they are basically crazy. I don’t think their crazy just angry, IN MY OPINION, that is the only way you could have so much discontent for those that try to do what they can to make the place they live a little better.

So HISTORIC HOUSE GUY, while I am just giving you MY OPINION about this forum and I do enjoy it for its entertainment value I am sure to be raked over the coals or ignored. That’s a tip for you.  If they can’t figure out a way to respond to you they just ignore you. You’ll notice that if you go back and read some of the threads.

HISTORIC HOUSE GUY, in no way shape or form is Middletown doing great. In fact there have been plenty of poor decisions made and yes there are a few people that should not be on council or working for our city but that’s  been going on ever since I can remember. So my advice to you is stick to your guns, renovate your home, join a group of social elite snobs and by all means support someone associated with the city and then see how you can really get these guys fired up. It’s one good laugh after another…IN MY OPINION. But overall embrace Middletown, because if you do you might find it’s not that bad of a place to live IN MY OPINION. And to quote your old friend VET "THAT IS AS BLUNT AND PLAIN AS I CAN MAKE IT ALL." JMO

Troll JMO LOLLOLLOL
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:47pm
wow house guy---you have the flames burning now!!!

resentment--anger--jealousies--mocking---pot and kettle stuff--
it's simply an opinion forum
read it or pass---no one says that anyone has to like or agree with anything here

I learn more from people with whom I disagree---I have learned a lot here
Trust me--there is more of thenugly truths here than you get elsewhere
not as much smoke and fuzzys up yer tail either

for an internet site that is mocked and ridiculed so, there are a lot of people scared by it--and it brings out the worst in many of them--often more than you get from the regulars here

jmo catcher--
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 10:08pm
HHG:

VietVet, respectively I think the difference is that the worst attitudes about Middletown are coming from a very small minority on this forum.

I TEND TO SHY AWAY FROM THE TERM "WORST ATTITUDES","BAD ATTITUDES" AND "DISGRUNTLED WORKER" LABELS. I PREFER TO THINK THAT THOSE TRAITS, USUALLY DESCRIBED AS SUCH BY MANAGEMENT TYPES, HAVE A CATALYST THAT CAUSED THESE LABELS. THE WAY A PERSON WAS TREATED, UNFAIR ADMINISTRATION OF POLICY AKA- FAVORITISM, ALWAYS BEING CHASTISED, SEEING A FAVORITE SON GETTING A PROMOTION OVER A TRULY DESERVING PERSON, OR AS SIMPLE AS BEING IGNORED COULD ALL BE CAUSES FOR THIS.

HHG:

The only point I'm making is that in a short amount of posts on this forum, you folks made this guy believe Middletown was bad and he was stupid for even thinking about coming here.

IN RETROSPECT, PERHAPS WE DID HIM A FAVOR FROM A BUSINESS STANDPOINT. HE HAD A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF ENVIRONMENT HE WAS STEPPING INTO. IT AIN'T ALL PEACHES AND CREME NOR AS ROSY AS SOME WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE.

HHG:

People, their's not one city in this whole nation that isn't in trouble for kicking the can down the road

MAYBE SO, BUT YA GOTTA ADMIT, SPRINGBORO, MASON, WEST CHESTER AND LOCATIONS SUCH AS THE AUSTIN BLVD INTERCHANGE LOOK A TAD MORE HEALTHY THAN MIDDLETOWN.

HHG:

Manufacturing jobs are not coming back and if they do they will be part time, low paying jobs. So why not arts and entertainment?

MANUFACTURING JOBS ARE STILL HERE. LOOK AT THE ROBOTICS PLACE UP AROUND THE AUSTIN BLVD SIGHT. HOW ABOUT THE SUNCOKE JOBS RECENTLY PUT IN PLACE? THERE IS MANUFACTURING OPPORTUNITIES. JUST NOT COMING TO MIDDLETOWN. WHY? NOT SURE MIDDLETOWN'S ECON. DEV. PEOPLE HAVE THE ABILITY TO ATTRACT COMPANIES LIKE OTHER CITIES DO. ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT AREN'T GOING TO PAY A LIVABLE WAGE.

HHG:

Manufacturing jobs are not coming back and if they do they will be part time, low paying jobs. So why not arts and entertainment?

What other things do you think would make a better Middletown as far as attraction?

GOTTA CLEAN UP THE CITY. LESSEN THE LOW INCOME THEME AND SECTION 8. IMPROVE THE ROADS AND INFRASTRUCTURE. GET BACK TO MIDDLE CLASS AND LEAVE THE "GHETTO LOW CLASS MENTALITY FOR REVENUE" THINKING. HAS CREATED A LOW CLASS IMAGE FOR THE CITY. GOTTA IMPROVE THE SCHOOLS PERFORMANCE. CLEAN UP ALL THE DEMOLISHED BUILDING SITES HERE AND OFFER THE SITES TO POTENTIAL NEW COMPANIES WITH A TAX SYSTEM THAT PRORATES TAXES FOR NEWBY COMPANIES UNTIL THEY DEMONSTRATE THE ABILITY TO STAY AND PROVIDE MORE JOBS. REDUCE THE NONSENSE AND ROADBLOCKS FROM THE CITY FOR STARTING A NEW BUSINESS. START CONCENTRATING ON MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THAN THE ARTS AND CULTURE. THAT COMES AFTER THE BASICS ARE IN PLACE. THE ARTS ARE LIKE WHIPPED CREME, THE LAST THING ON THE SUNDAE AFTER THE BASIC ICE CREME IS IN PLACE AND TOPPINGS ARE APPLIED. CITY LEADERS ARE MAKING THE SUNDAE WITH THE WHIPPED CREME ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CUP. BASSACKWARDS TOWN DEVELOPMENT. (FOR CRAZYCATCHER.....JMO)

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 10:45pm
I still get a good LOL out of this one...      http://youtu.be/ySoQOSkILWg
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 7:25am
This thread is summed up as typical citizen/city-created melodrama

Naysayers often
However those taking the heat here had very little to nothing to do with the problems facing the community
They come here to discuss obvious problems and share opinions

Why so scary and taken so seriously by so many?

jmo
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Originally posted by crazycatcher crazycatcher wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="msonormal"=""><font face="Calibri">Hey HISTORIC HOUSE GUY and this is JUST MY OPINION in
response to VIETVETS post for you. Basically what you have discovered is a
forum for predominately one-sided thinking by a bunch of old farts hanging on
to the past and not taking any responsibility for the future. They get on here
and post everything as if it is the word of God and then type JMO to relieve them
of any guilt or longing to be better people towards unfortunate situations.<o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="msonormal"=""><font face="Calibri">Those days that VET talks about were enjoyed by more than
just the few that continue to bash everyone and anyone associated with the
city. So yes there are people that live here that still enjoy living here and
have a fairly positive outlook. I still love my hometown. While Vet is also smacking
your hand for being rude and even perhaps ill-informed you will soon discover
that you can’t argue with the management. And while we know they can’t move out
of this town, blah, blah, blah sometimes some of us wish they would. Negativity
is like a cancer but some on this forum have not figured that out yet, IN MY
OPINION.<o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="msonormal"=""><font face="Calibri">Also, you’ll notice that they love to speak for the populous
of our city and by no means, IN MY OPINION do they. In fact, if you are around
town and speak to people, most of the time the conversations on this forum are
the brunt of laughter and that most people think, IN THEIR OPINION, that they
are basically crazy. I don’t think their crazy just angry, IN MY OPINION, that
is the only way you could have so much discontent for those that try to do what
they can to make the place they live a little better. <o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="msonormal"=""><font face="Calibri">So HISTORIC HOUSE GUY, while I am just giving you MY OPINION
about this forum and I do enjoy it for its entertainment value I am sure to be
raked over the coals or ignored. That’s a tip for you.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>If they can’t figure out a way to respond to
you they just ignore you. You’ll notice that if you go back and read some of
the threads. <o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="msonormal"="">

<font face="Calibri"><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="msonormal"="">HISTORIC HOUSE GUY, in no way shape or form is Middletown
doing great. In fact there have been plenty of poor decisions made and yes
there are a few people that should not be on council or working for our city
but that’s<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>been going on ever since I
can remember. So my advice to you is stick to your guns, renovate your home,
join a group of social elite snobs and by all means support someone associated with
the city and then see how you can really get these guys fired up. It’s one good
laugh after another…IN MY OPINION. But overall embrace Middletown, because if
you do you might find it’s not that bad of a place to live IN MY OPINION. And to quote your old friend VET "THAT IS AS BLUNT AND PLAIN AS I CAN MAKE IT ALL." JMO

Troll JMO LOLLOLLOL

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT. SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE BELIEVER IN THE CITY'S GAME PLAN TO TAKE THIS TOWN TO THE BOTTOM. CRAZY'S MESSAGE REPRESENTS THE GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE DAMAGED THIS CITY BEYOND REPAIR AND HAVE POSITIONED THE CITY TO WHERE IT MAY NEVER COME BACK. BLIND TO THE FACTS, TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS TO WHAT IS OCCURING AROUND THEM WHILE THEY WEAR THEIR ROSE-COLORED GLASSES AND ENJOY THEIR ARTZY WORLD. PEOPLE LIKE CRAZY, WHO SOUNDS LIKE A CITY LEADER, WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE NONSENSE THAT IS MIDDLETOWN CITY LEADERSHIP. THESE PEOPLE HAVE HAD THEIR WAY FOR DECADES. BEEN CALLING THE SHOTS WITH NO INPUT FROM THE MASSES. BEEN SPENDING MONEY IN AREAS OF THEIR INTEREST. LOOK AROUND YOU......HAS THEIR GAME PLAN WORKED AFTER HAVING AMPLE TIME TO IMPLEMENT THEIR DIRECTION FOR THE CITY? DOES THIS CITY LOOK LIKE IT IS ON THE ROAD TO SUCCESS? DOES IT RESEMBLE ANY OTHER CITY AROUND HERE AS TO PROGRESS? HELL, FRANKLIN LOOKS LIKE IT HAS MORE SUCCESS IN IT'S REDEVELOPMENT. JMO (TO "RELIEVE THE GUILT AND THE LONGING TO BE A BETTER PERSON").   
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Historic House Guy Historic House Guy wrote:

LMAO and others,

I see a lot of you have an exit plan but where were you when things started going bad? Why didn't you try and run for council a long time ago? You seem to be very passionate about your positions yet you made no effort to help the situation when it was time to do that. Instead, you retreat and make a mockery out of this city in a very public way. You're all as guilty for the way things are going as the people you prosecute.

I hope when you leave Middletown, you'll leave this forum as well. We have a lot of new blood with great intentions and investment opportunities but the ship won't sail until we pull the anchors. You guys and gals at this point are nothing but anchors if you're not wiling to be part of the change.

Yep I got a exit plan and let me tell you it wasn't easy.But I would be a fool in not getting rid of my house's now then wait lets say another year. I have been working on my exit plan right after are "Spineless Ones" gave the okay to let "SUNCHOKE" be built.IMO are "Spinless Ones" didn't care about the people they was putting in a bad situation.The people would be the ones at the retirement home and the kids at Amanda Elementary. Take a drive down to Amanda Elementary and go to the paly ground and take your hands and wipe it across the swings and slide.You will find the stuff all over it that Sunchoke spews out.Go talk to the people that there property is near by and ask them what they think about it.Before Sunchoke came in the people in that area was already dealing with the Old coke plant dust and smell. What are Spineless ones actually done was look the people in the eyes and Said,Hell with you we need this.No we didn't need it AK did.What AK wants are Spineless ones bend over backwards to accommodate them.What I think was funny was when the Almighty AK pulled there office's out of Middletucky and moved to West Chester. IMO why they did it cos they didn't want to be embarrassed bringing there clients into Middletucky cos of the Ghost city. I could go on and on HG but you can go do your research on why there is so much Negativity. I and others made effort to try to open the eyes of the "Spineless Ones" but it went in one ear and out the other.There hell bent to make Middletucky another Detroit.If they keep wasting money downtown it wont take long for this city to file Bankrupt.
You mention you only been here 2 years.Well I suggest you do a lot of research.Go back lets say 20 years and again you will see why all the negativity.Here is a question to you,Why dont you run for Council?
To answer you question or remark about when I do make my exit You hope I don't come back on this forum,well until the owners of this forum tell me I'm not allowed I will be back.
Oh yea one more question for you,Do you have Permits for the work your doing on your house?
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 1:34pm
LMAO,

I totally get it. Me and my wife are still a bit upset about our loss on our house in Vermont. It was appraised at $135k and after a year of trying to sell it we settled for $67k We owed about 40k on it so we didn't go upside down like most did. It's happening everywhere.

As for our permits, the only thing we've needed one for is the electrical work. Everything else was in working order when we bought the house. It had a wire fence in the back yard with treated posts and we simply used those posts to put up a privacy fence, no permit needed. The front porch was opened up and no permit needed for that either. We will need a new roof soon and I will be pulling a permit for that. The aluminum siding that covers the original wood siding will be coming off next year and some repairs will need to be made to the original, again, no permit needed for repairs. My wood windows will be restore not replaced. Restoration is a good thing... Wink
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 1:46pm
I'd be more than happy to discuss what I'm doing with the hose at this thread... http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5404&title=s-sutphin-at-arlington
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 5:44am
     As of this morning, August 5, 2013 the only candidates that have filed Petitions to be on the ballot are: Ann Mort, Dan Picard, Dora Bronston and Josh Laubach.There are only 22 days left to file and get your signatures to be on the ballot. If you don't run for office or encourage someone new to run then you are content with the candidates that are running. All of the opposition on this forum then becomes nothing but talk, talk talk until you get to the ballot box. I plead with you to run for office and serve your community.
      Middletownusa.com  provides an incredible service. It is the only voice of democracy in Middletown, Ohio.
                 pn

da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 7:09am
I would love to run for a Seat on Council.  However....  I am not qualified nor financially able to...
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 7:13am
qualifications--u r knowledgeable and u care
it is a myth that $$ is mandatory to get elected in a small town like this
the message is more powerful than a few dollars, signs or mj ads

jmo--of course!
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 12:58pm
Thanks Spiderjohn....
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by da120757 da120757 wrote:

I would love to run for a Seat on Council.  However....  I am not qualified nor financially able to...

da the ones we have now aren't qualified.If you decide to run you have my vote.If I'm still a resident of Middletucky.
Think you and Vivian would do great on council.Wink
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 4:05pm
I would back da and Vivian if the wanted to run. I think Vivian could put Ms. Judy and Dougie in their place.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 4:18pm

Mercy

If I were on city council they would have to charge admission to the council meetings just to see the show twice a month. LOL
Ya know I don't work well with others...

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 5:22pm
....But Vivian what a way to make money for the city, to charge admission to (circus)I mean council.See, she already has ideas for raising money.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Mercy

If I were on city council they would have to charge admission to the council meetings just to see the show twice a month. LOL
Ya know I don't work well with others...

But the look on the rest of the Council face's would be priceless.LOL I believe with someone as you Ms Vivian on Council would make Queen Judy,Jester Les and Mr.A think twice before they try to pull the wool over the taxpayers eye's again.
I'd have to buy me a membership ticket cos I know it would be a good show twice a month.Smile
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:42am
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 9:29am
Thank you Bumper: That's Ms. Vivian in action.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 3:00pm
Run Vivian Clap I can promise you at least 5 votes from my clan !
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 3:42pm
Vivian would have our votes too :)
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 1:22am
  As of this morning, Tuesday, August 13, 2013 no one else has filed and certified a petition to be on the ballot to run for City Council. The deadline to do so is August 27th at 4:00 p.m.,  fourteen days from now. What does this say about out citizenry? Where is the leadership? Where is the commitment to the community?  Why don't people step up to the plate? Are we really satisfied with the incumbents and the current list of candidates? Are we really satisfied with the status quo and  the direction of our city? Where are our business leaders who are struggling to make it and who have been ignored by the city? Where is the Chamber of Commerce voice?  Where are those who are overtaxed and whom have had their property values depreciated? Where is our outrage in practice instead of just talk?
    Well, maybe things are not so bad and we should warm our feet by the campfires of those who continue to govern in self interests and their special  projects and be quiet.
            pn

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

As of this morning, Tuesday, August 13, 2013 no one else has filed and certified a petition to be on the ballot to run for City Council. The deadline to do so is August 27th at 4:00 p.m.,  fourteen days from now. What does this say about out citizenry? Where is the leadership? Where is the commitment to the community?  Why don't people step up to the plate? Are we really satisfied with the incumbents and the current list of candidates? Are we really satisfied with the status quo and  the direction of our city? Where are our business leaders who are struggling to make it and who have been ignored by the city? Where is the Chamber of Commerce voice?  Where are those who are overtaxed and whom have had their property values depreciated? Where is our outrage in practice instead of just talk?
    Well, maybe things are not so bad and we should warm our feet by the campfires of those who continue to govern in self interests and their special  projects and be quiet.
            pn

Mr. Nagy:

I concur with all of what you say, except for the last sentence.

You certainly ask many valid questions.  I echo many of the very same questions.

However, I remind you that although some of us are NOT: satisfied with the status quo; the direction of our city; being overtaxed; and having our property being depreciated, and remain indeed outraged!!!

We may at the same time be:  old; tired; physically or medically challenged; or otherwise be so up to our elbows in alligators that we cannot take advantage of this opportunity to serve at this stage in our lives.

It is absolutely incorrect, at least in my opinion and the opinion of some of my confidants, that "things are not so bad and we should warm our feet by the campfires of those who continue to govern in self interests and their special  projects".  Perhaps it is just that the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak?  (This is not to say that such of us would not give the best that is in us to assist anyone who is willing, and able, to answer the call.)

Perhaps it is time for some healthy youngsters (in their 20s, 30s, 40s, or 50s) to take up the torch, and to look to us old geezers for advice when appropriate.

Of course, all of the preceding is just my humble opinion!!!

PS:  Anyone can feel free to contact me for assistance in filling and filing petitions for City Council.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 7:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic