FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marching Band left out of broadcast!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beavisrulz View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beavisrulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marching Band left out of broadcast!
    Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 9:28pm
We went to see the Middies play Elder at UC's Nippert Stadium on Thursday night. Our son is in the marching band. The band is amazing again this year. They announced over the intercom that they would be rebroadcasting the game on Time Warner Cable channel 311 that night. Well, we didn't catch it, but my wife found it again on the local TV Middletown public station and recorded it.

We watched the game again, hoping to catch the band and watch the half-time show and to see our son on TV. I know that the camera were recording their show because one of them was right in front of my son during the 2nd song and was moving around recording the entire show. Well, TV Middletown (I assume) decided NOT to show the marching band's half-time show and instead ran a video showing the reconstruction of the football field at Barnitz Stadium. The video was cool, but that could have been shown AFTER the game was over!

I mean come on! The band is important too and is there playing their hearts out each and every game, but to be able to play at UC's Nippert Stadium and get completely scratched from the rebroadcast is totally unfair, disrepectful, and upsetting to the members of the band who deserve to be shown on TV also! I don't know who's decision it was to replace their awesome half-time show with the video of the new field, but the band got screwed in my opinion. They are very important to the success of the football team and work extremely hard each and every practice to put on the best performance they can for the team, the fans, and the city of Middletown! Sorry, but that was completely the wrong decision!

The Middletown Marching Band rocks!

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 1:49am
my daughter was in mhs band for 5 years 8th through the 12th and they have never shown pre game or the half time show on tv middlesucks.

Kelly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 6:16am
You need to voice your complaints to MTV instead of this forum. Call 513.727.3000, ask for Ty Thomas or Mike Scorti. Or you can complain to any of the sponsors of the football games. Only a few pop in my head at the moment: Lenny Robinson, Steve Dillman, Tim Pruitt. Or write a letter to the Middletown Journal. Sometime that's the only thing that gets their attention.  Confused
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 10:44am
Please do not contact Mike Scorti at this time!
      pn

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:26am
I watched the game live on Time Warner--the MHS band was featured throughout the halftime show.
Sounded and looked very good happily. As for TVM--that is a totally different broadcast(do they use the same video?), and I did not watch the replay. Could have won that game!!  Talk to TVM management--should be easy to video the band for a few minutes.

Condolences to the Scorti family--such a tragedy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic