FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Hands off"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Hands off"
    Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 2:57pm
Did I see in the paper today Ms Judy said council's "new"position will be HANDS OFF downtown development. Wow I don't think she can do it. She's been sticking her nose in everything for so long I don't know if she can do it. Unless she has other things on her mind like retirement . If only!!!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 3:19pm
Numerous people on this forum have said for council to get out of the way and let private sector do what they do best. Did they finally hear??
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 4:21pm
I wonder what amount of money the city of Midd. might get from the county auditor? Lakota Schools get $400,000 That's a nice amount.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 6:16pm
My bet is that Judy will high tail it out of town before the bottom falls out.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 9:01pm
The sooner the better and take Dougie with her.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 5:52pm
So the cities almost broke and now she is saying the handouts are over and I didn't even get mine? Cry 
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

So the city is almost broke and now she is saying the handouts are over and I didn't even get mine? Cry 
Don't cry, Boc, 

There is still hope. After Marty and Judy put the kibosh on the market-driven uses for Town Mall, and the owners are driven to bankruptcy, if you propose some artsy, pedestrian, moronic use for that property that is certain to fail (but has a catchy name such as "Crossroads 2015", or "MidSorgPacArtApolisis"), you are likely to catch whatever taxpayers dollars can be squeezed out of the remaining citizens.

Just be sure that you have a few of the MMF-ers or other cronies of South Main Street along with you when you make your money grab.
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:12am
I heard from one of the shop owners at the Mall that the buyers were probably going to level it and hold it for future development, prime real estate. They are from California, right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic