Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, March 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gilleland's Island

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Iron Man View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gilleland's Island
    Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 10:03pm
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 12:52am
EXCELLENT IRON MAN!!
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 9:00am
That is too funny!
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 10:22am
Like what's happening to hundreds of older homes on Crawford, Sutphin, Baltimore, Curtis, Young, Garfield, etc., it stands to reason that Judy would want the Manchester leveled for more downtown green space too.  Of course, once such properties would be leveled by Mr. Atkins, they'd finally learn of the highly questionable redevelopment potential.  The tag team tandem of Judy and Doug need more HUD subsidies to continue their "transformation" of the city.  What visionaries they are (not).
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 7:00am
Why do so many MUSAers want rental property in MTown.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

Why do so many MUSAers want rental property in MTown.

Demolishing dilapidated homes isn't a bad thing. Got the right idea there if the homes are too far gone to rehab and there is no longer any interest in the property. In the residential neighborhoods, splitting the vacant property with half going to one side of the vacant lot and half to the other is a good idea also. (if there are takers for the lot) My only concern is that Gilleland and company have created so much "green space", especially in the downtown area, that it looks like a barren wasteland. They knock 'em down, but they don't find any interest in someone building new on the vacant lots. Look at that big empty space on Central where Roosevelt once stood. How about the Sunset Pool location......nothing but a large open space of no interest to anyone. What is the city's plan to "fill in" the barren wasteland they have created? Clearing dilapidated properties is one thing......finding a use for the aftermath is another.

I don't want to see any more rental properties in Middletown, especially those targeted for Section 8. Want a big reduction of Section 8, closer to 700 at most....and that may be too much for this town to handle. And just where would they go (for the ones who are against kicking them out). To the other towns who should have had their fair share in the first place. Let everyone share in the handout programs.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 10:23am
House torn down around the corner from me on Eaton Ave.  What the heck was wrong with it???  What a Waste....
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 11:29am
The house at the NW corner of Marshal and Central has been torn down as well.It is a shame they won't tear down the buildings in Downtown that probably cost way to much to modernize. AKA Rose Furniture Wink
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

The house at the NW corner of Marshal and Central has been torn down as well.It is a shame they won't tear down the buildings in Downtown that probably cost way to much to modernize. AKA Rose Furniture Wink

Saw that ktf. Across from Cincinnati Eye Institute. House didn't look that dilapidated did it? Now an empty lot (sorry Judith, GREEN SPACE). Who owns the lot now if the owners abandoned it? Don't remember a FOR SALE sign in front of it. Did they try to sell it before they leveled it? That house was there when I was a kid some 55+ years ago. (I think)
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 11:58am
That house on Marshall and Central had been for sale along time ago,  It was a nice old Farmhouse too bad the had to tear that down
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 1:40pm
How many homes would Judy like to demolish in Pickerington?  How many homes would Mr. Akins like to demolish in Mason?  Maybe they both should seek retraining in order to become heavy equipment operators.  Then, they both could work full time in demolishing even more homes.  If not, they will continue their existing demolition blitzkrieg as part of the process of making Middletown into a smaller scale version of Detroit or Youngstown.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic