FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downtown was actully busy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downtown was actully busy
    Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 5:50am
My wife and I had dinner at the Liberty restaurant last night. And when we left we were shocked at how busy is was for a Friday Night in Downtown Middletown. I have never seen so many people over the age of 50 packing the Stained Bistro and the Pendleton Art Center. I swear there were more people with gray hair walking around downtown Middletown, we thought we entered a retirement community. LOL

If this is what the people on City Council have in mind for Downtown re-development they are in Serious trouble. I have seen nothing to attract my generation aged 20-40 to come to downtown, except maybe the Bash event during the summer. They really need to look at what Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus are doing to attract my generations to there town. And the Arts NEVER attract younger people, only the select few that have smoked too much pot. If anything Middletown needs a few bars and pubs that appeal my age group that actually has windows, as well with a facility for local rock bands to play. Similar to the Oregon District of Dayton and North High Street in Columbus. Middletown needs to be a destination for 18-40 somethings to hangout at and spend money, instead of the flood of rich old people that were roaming streets of Downtown Middletown like zombies Dead

over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 11:10am
well ktf1179 your point is well taken BUT...... the powers that be are ecstatic with those results. That's exactly what they want, they don't want to appeal to the masses, that want a select few to enjoy "their" downtown. IMO
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 8:00pm
Queen Judith always gets what she wants. It is amazing how the town has changed since she and her court jesters have taken over. They always answer "yes my queen, you are the fairest of them all'
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 5:47am
And that is why I am making it a rule not to elect anyone to City Council over the age of 50 LOL
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 7:39am
Kt,
   Your post is insulting  to us over 50. Many of us have been fighting for the people of Middletown long before you even got involved and know more about what is going on and the corruption than you do. We are still waiting to see what the contribution of your generation is going to be. We have tried to recruit your generation to help for years and even now the apathy is pathetic. You are offensive.
          pn
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 9:40am
I am sorry you were offended, I know a lot of  older people do a lot of good for the community. I was mainly referring to only Middletown in regards to my previous post. But what I was getting at is if you keep electing the same older generation of people to office you will never get any new ideas in office to change things. It is time to get some new blood on the city council.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 9:45am
Queen Judith's reign is just about over. She is alienating more and more people in the city building with her bizarre behavior. She and Doug are even on the outs right now because she's afraid he is coming after her job. Hopefully council will see that's a mistake after the HUD situation with Doug not telling them the whole truth.He says his orders come from her and s he's trying to distance her self from him. Blaming each other.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 1:43pm
Can it be said that Queen Judiy is paranoid about losing her position to someone who has yet even higher ambitions?  Or, is Doogie secretly in search of becoming Middletown's top dog?  Go figure.  Many have remarked about their mutual penchant for power plus their displays of egotism.  Never forget Doogie's statement at City Council, "Give me the power and I'll get things done."  In the case of both, they've already bestowed years of misguided policies, plans and expenditures of city funds.  If they remain in their positions too much longer, Forbes Magazine will be writing a follow-up story on Middletown.  If they do, it won't be complimentary.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

I am sorry you were offended, I know a lot of  older people do a lot of good for the community. I was mainly referring to only Middletown in regards to my previous post. But what I was getting at is if you keep electing the same older generation of people to office you will never get any new ideas in office to change things. It is time to get some new blood on the city council.

ktf, nothing would please alot of us more than to see the young population of this city become more involved. Unfortunately, in the past, when we have had community meetings, no one showed up representing the 30-40 something generation. Just the same 10 or so each time- older long timers. Apparently, the young folks are not interested in the way the town is being run enough to break away from their position on the couch each evening watching the tube. We need more of the Josh Laubach generation to be involved WITH THE CORRECT FOCUS, not the same old nonsense we're receiving now. Won't do any good to have younger versions of the older ones in place now.

I remember those from my generation, in the 60's, saying "don't trust anyone over 30" when I was in my teens. What you said didn't shock. A form of younger wanting to purge the older has repeated itself over time. Personally, I don't care what the age.....just change what isn't working now in this city.......and that's just about any topic we could discuss. All I know is that this city is WAYYYYY overdue for a purge of current leadership.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

Queen Judith's reign is just about over. She is alienating more and more people in the city building with her bizarre behavior. She and Doug are even on the outs right now because she's afraid he is coming after her job. Hopefully council will see that's a mistake after the HUD situation with Doug not telling them the whole truth.He says his orders come from her and s he's trying to distance her self from him. Blaming each other.

I hope you're right on this. Nothing would please me more than the see the city manager's little kingdom self-destruct. Starts with a little internal bickering which leads to some discontent and taking sides. Soon, we have two camps and a split in the cohesiveness. One side wins and the losers start leaving for other "opportunities". Let's hope the losers include Gilleland.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:53pm
Off with her head!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic