FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So Long Middletown Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Long Middletown Journal
    Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 3:14pm
Goodby Middletown Journal, hello Journal-News.

Looks like the little coverage Middletown got from MJ will be cut in half. lol

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 3:22pm
The Dayton Daily news might as well expand it's coverage area to Include all of Warren and Butler County. That way we just have Dayton Daily News, and Cincinnati Enquirer. 
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 3:23pm

By Terry Bouquot

Staff Writer

A letter from Terry Bouquot:

Dear Readers,

Welcome to your new Journal-News – a major metro newspaper for those of us who live and work in the northern Cincinnati area!

Our news team has been hard at work focusing our efforts on in-depth and investigative coverage of the topics that matter most to you.  We’ll dig deep into issues like jobs and the health of the local economy; health care issues affecting the quality of local care; government waste; the quality and cost of local education; crime concerns affecting your personal safety; and balanced political coverage.

Here’s what sets the new Journal-News apart from other Cincinnati-area newspapers:

• Our front page and section:  Every day, our front page will give you the most important news from our area, state and nation – not just a photo and big headline, but in-depth, complete stories about the day’s most important news.  Check out our new local Business and Ideas & Voices pages, I think you’ll like the changes we’ve made.
  • Targeted local coverage:  Whether it’s news about local businesses, schools or government, our reporters are the experts at local coverage.  And by local, we don’t mean Dayton.  If you live in and around Hamilton, Middletown, Liberty Township, West Chester Township, Fairfield, Oxford and other areas of Butler County, we’ve got your community covered.  Our team of full-time reporters, editors and photographers is ready to bring you the local news you desire.
  • The best Cincinnati event coverage:  Our partnership with WCPO 9 On Your Side allows us to get all the important Cincinnati event coverage, and our own team of experts will bring you the best of Butler and Warren counties.
  • Local sports coverage:  Every day our Sports front will feature two area high school stories while inside you can read the latest on the Reds, Bengals, Miami RedHawks and Ohio State Buckeyes with national sports stories and scores.

And all of these stories and the latest local news can be found on the new Journal-News.com website.  As I told you in September, I am very excited about the new journey we’re on.  I live and work in the area, and it’s important to me personally that we provide the best and most important news for our region.  Oh, and a whole lot less Dayton news too!

Please let me know what you think.  Your feedback will make us better.

Sincerely,

Terry Bouquot

Senior Director of Business Operations

terry.mypromise@journal-news.com

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 5:25pm

Middletown Journal was gone when Cox took it over jmo.

Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 6:13pm
Ed Richter sure knows where his bread was/is buttered.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Middletown Journal was gone when Cox took it over jmo.

True Bo. The Middletown Journal was gone when the local writers, editors and publishers weren't Middletown residents. Less and less news from the Journal and more filler about Fairfield, Hamilton and Cincy instead of actual Middletown news. I started noticing a difference in the 80's and stopped taking home delivery then. The once decent paper ended up non-interesting garbage in the end with absolutely no objective journalism in sight. The final nail in the coffin for me was when they started supporting the MMF and their followers. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 8:23pm
Ok Terry Bouquot, I'll take you up on your offer to contact you on feedback. You mention in your letter about government waste. You can start in Middletown by reading the posts on this site. That should get you started in your investigation of city finances, politics, select city-favored groups in town receiving special treatment while the general citizenry goes un-noticed. How the deck is stacked with relation to council make-up and who sponsors whom. You can investigate just how the over-saturation of low income Section 8 has had devastating effects on the town's resources. The heroin upsurge here. You can investigate how the city leaders get grants and other government monies such as those designated for energy conservation and how they used that money for a bike path. How they constantly re-channeled monies from one fund to another in a "laundering" attempt to lose the money under the shell game guise and funnel it to non intended usages. How they have financed their little downtown dream so far using taxpayer money. A lot of stuff within these pages to catch up on. One could make a career just investigating the crap that has occurred here since the 80's.

Let's see what your new paper is all about. Are you strong enough not to be swayed by the power brokers and their pressure to print what they tell you to print? Or will you be like the Middletown Journal and only print "The Good News"?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic